Your mother wears army boots

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
If you're going to wear biker boots you're going to have to learn to tip toe. 2 different guests wearing heavy boots. One we don't even know she's there, the other I could hear clear across the house pounding down the stairs, down the hall, across the living room like she's the only person in the world.
The stairs are carpeted. You'd never know.

I am a heavy heal striker when I walk. I can walk in fluffy bunny slippers on grass and you can hear my coming a mile away.
And while my mother did not wear Army Boots, my wife proudly did for 30 years.

Speaking of noisy boots, I was in the nearest (1 hour round trip) liquor store yesterday, stocking up, when I heard a clink clank sound and a guy walked by me wearing spurs! I'm sure he was proud of his image, but I just felt sorry for him...and his horse.
I was expecting to see a horse tied up outside the store, but he came in a huge pickup truck.
cowboy-boot-spurs.jpg

Speaking of noisy boots, I was in the nearest (1 hour round trip) liquor store yesterday, stocking up, when I heard a clink clank sound and a guy walked by me wearing spurs! I'm sure he was proud of his image, but I just felt sorry for him...and his horse.
I was expecting to see a horse tied up outside the store, but he came in a huge pickup truck.
cowboy-boot-spurs.jpg
Wow... that's a long way to get some bottles. I can walk to about 4 of them from here.
You did consider that maybe it was a halloween costume?

My aunt is such a silent walker that she has actually lost paid help because of it.

Just as bad is women in heels on hard wood floors. Not only loud and obnoxious, but damaging.

Thankfully, it is traditional here to remove your shoes before entering the house. Makes a HUGE difference. When someone forgets, they usually make it about four steps on the wood floor before they know something is terribly wrong. We have gotten to where we don't even say anything, because we know they know. People train themselves pretty quickly.

cowboy-boot-spurs.jpg
Wow... that's a long way to get some bottles. I can walk to about 4 of them from here.
Jon Sable said:
We used to have to drive that far for the hard stuff. Now it's still about 1/2 hour. We're not a dry county like Ark's, but there's still state run liquor stores for the hard stuff. Seems strange since we're a fairly liberal state overall. In a few days we'll know if marijuana will be legal recreationally here. Looks like it will.

cowboy-boot-spurs.jpg
Jon Sable said:
No, didn't think of that. Could have been, but other than the boots and spurs, he was just in blue jeans and a regular shirt. Not over the top cowboy like a costume, but who knows. Being where I am, it wasn't THAT unusual to have someone walk by in spurs!
BTW, this liquor store is out in the country, at least 5 miles from any other business.

I am a heavy heal striker when I walk. I can walk in fluffy bunny slippers on grass and you can hear my coming a mile away.
And while my mother did not wear Army Boots, my wife proudly did for 30 years..
I have been wearing mine foe 25. I try and tip toe down my hall at home.
Pass along my thanks for her service!

Thankfully, it is traditional here to remove your shoes before entering the house. Makes a HUGE difference. When someone forgets, they usually make it about four steps on the wood floor before they know something is terribly wrong. We have gotten to where we don't even say anything, because we know they know. People train themselves pretty quickly..
I wish my guests would train quickly. We have "remove your shoes" sign at the door but it must be only applying to other guests- some people think they are special.

And while my mother did not wear Army Boots, my wife proudly did for 30 years..
I have been wearing mine foe 25. I try and tip toe down my hall at home.
Pass along my thanks for her service!
Our thanks also - and to you as well. Samster also wore combat boots and in this month of Military Recognition, Thank You to all of you who have (or are) served.

I had a guy here once who had biker type boots on...and he was a smoker. I heard him go up and down the stairs all night long for two nights to go outside to smoke.
Here's the funny part of the story - they were here for an event and his wife brought TONS of clothes. I wondered if this poor guy didn't have any room to bring a second pair of shoes for himself? LOL!
Thanks, Gillum, for remembering that I did own Army boots. Thankfully, I didn't wear them very often, but wore my nurses' shoes instead. :)

I had a guy here once who had biker type boots on...and he was a smoker. I heard him go up and down the stairs all night long for two nights to go outside to smoke.
Here's the funny part of the story - they were here for an event and his wife brought TONS of clothes. I wondered if this poor guy didn't have any room to bring a second pair of shoes for himself? LOL!
Thanks, Gillum, for remembering that I did own Army boots. Thankfully, I didn't wear them very often, but wore my nurses' shoes instead. :).
I knew that, but you qualified for the boots.

Love this when it refers to my family. Not so much with heavy-footed guests.
Footsteps.jpg

Back