Air reviews

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
OK, best one yet...'Please leave a review...' email came in and the guests weren't even out of bed yet.

Air review stated in the private part to make it perfect would like a clock and box of tissues in the room
(1) I can't stand ticking clocks and refuse to have digital because of the light - so no
(2) tissues - people just steal them this is why we stopped doing them - plenty of look role and it does the same thing.

Air review stated in the private part to make it perfect would like a clock and box of tissues in the room
(1) I can't stand ticking clocks and refuse to have digital because of the light - so no
(2) tissues - people just steal them this is why we stopped doing them - plenty of look role and it does the same thing..
Joey Camb said:
(2) tissues - people just steal them this is why we stopped doing them - plenty of look role and it does the same thing.
I am a big believer in "what makes me comfortable will make my guests comfortable." One of the reasons we don't offer 'seating times.'
But I would like a clock and tissues in my room. I don't like having to wake up enough to check my phone for time and I do prefer a tissue to tp for nose issues or makeup removal. So, although not huge comments (actually pretty petty, imho), but I can understand why they noted them.

We have two boxes of tissues in each room and fancy radio alarm clocks with mini-flashlights that go on if we lose power. The also are synched with the atomic clock, so reset themselves automatically. They also happen to come with a projector that will display the time on the wall or ceiling... a bit of an overkill, but guests often remark on the uniqueness.

(2) tissues - people just steal them this is why we stopped doing them - plenty of look role and it does the same thing..
You can get clocks with lights that dim or turn completely off. I would always expect a clock and tissues at a B&B.

Joey Camb said:
I am a big believer in "what makes me comfortable will make my guests comfortable." One of the reasons we don't offer 'seating times.'
But I would like a clock and tissues in my room. I don't like having to wake up enough to check my phone for time and I do prefer a tissue to tp for nose issues or makeup removal. So, although not huge comments (actually pretty petty, imho), but I can understand why they noted them.
I don't like clocks that light up the room, the red displays seem to be the best.
I have clocks in my rooms but people keep turning them off so I got fed up with keep resetting them. They're in the rooms, people can use them if they want.

We got one asking for more breakfast choices. There's fruit, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, the entrée with a side of meat and a bread.
You can choose from those things but no, you don't get to tell the cook you want poached eggs when everyone else is having pancakes.
And nowhere, absolutely nowhere, do we say there is a choice of breakfast. Except by the cook.

All the cottages have an alarm clock. I unplug it and put it in a dresser drawer. We don't cater to business and I don't want people to have to see the time when they are away from work and responsibilities. It's just me and it is the guest's choice to plug it in or not.
I have tissues in every cottage as well. But like someone said up there, they steal it. There are never empty boxes in the trash. The entire box is gone, almost every single time. But I keep supplying it, it's expected

We got one asking for more breakfast choices. There's fruit, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, the entrée with a side of meat and a bread.
You can choose from those things but no, you don't get to tell the cook you want poached eggs when everyone else is having pancakes.
And nowhere, absolutely nowhere, do we say there is a choice of breakfast. Except by the cook.
See, you're nice, my Air guests get "Coffee, tea and toast" and abbreviated housekeeping. I don't want them to be able to compare it with the regular full service.

Joey Camb said:
I don't like clocks that light up the room, the red displays seem to be the best.
I have clocks in my rooms but people keep turning them off so I got fed up with keep resetting them. They're in the rooms, people can use them if they want.
Yes, the red display does not illuminate the whole room. The blue one does. We find the clocks turned around, unplugged, under the bed, etc. It is a pain but they're not turned off too often.
I've been know to throw a towel over an annoying clock at midnight when I don't have the sense to find the adjustments.

All the cottages have an alarm clock. I unplug it and put it in a dresser drawer. We don't cater to business and I don't want people to have to see the time when they are away from work and responsibilities. It's just me and it is the guest's choice to plug it in or not.
I have tissues in every cottage as well. But like someone said up there, they steal it. There are never empty boxes in the trash. The entire box is gone, almost every single time. But I keep supplying it, it's expected.
I bet in 10 years we've had maybe 5 boxes of tissues walk away. But, we don't get the fancy, decorator ones like Jon has in the winter.

Morticia said:
Our poor reviews both mentioned that breakfast was a buffet (like a La Quinta or Hampton Inn.) I didn't think that was fair since we advertise continental. Nowhere do we even hint a plated, made to order breakfast. People!

See, you're nice, my Air guests get "Coffee, tea and toast" and abbreviated housekeeping. I don't want them to be able to compare it with the regular full service.
Baby Puss said:
Today's air guests didn't make it to breakfast. They slept in. But, otherwise they get the full deal. I can't keep track in the morning who gets what. It's easier for me that everyone gets the same.

I have tissues in every cottage as well. But like someone said up there, they steal it. There are never empty boxes in the trash. The entire box is gone, almost every single time. But I keep supplying it, it's expected.
I bet in 10 years we've had maybe 5 boxes of tissues walk away. But, we don't get the fancy, decorator ones like Jon has in the winter.
...and obsesses over THREE boxes being stolen by the same family who were supposedly religious.

Morticia said:
Our poor reviews both mentioned that breakfast was a buffet (like a La Quinta or Hampton Inn.) I didn't think that was fair since we advertise continental. Nowhere do we even hint a plated, made to order breakfast. People!
TheBeachHouse said:
Morticia said:
And your hubster includes in his welcome spiel that it's a continental, right? Maybe to make a deeper impression on those who drop in or don't read, he can say, "per board of health regulations we serve an expanded continental breakfast between (times) so they get it's out of your control.

...and obsesses over THREE boxes being stolen by the same family who were supposedly religious.
Baby Puss said:
Sometimes you have to obsess, you have no choice when it's egregious.

So what do you leave in a review for Air when its a no show?
Today we received the payment from Air for the no show last night. So I guess we weren't the only ones confused about her having a reservation with us!!!!! Makes me feel better about myself and the extra money....
I'd like tissues in my room but no glowing alarm clock please! We have some that people can request to use. The top two rooms have them but they usually aren't used.

Today we received the payment from Air for the no show last night. So I guess we weren't the only ones confused about her having a reservation with us!!!!! Makes me feel better about myself and the extra money....
I'd like tissues in my room but no glowing alarm clock please! We have some that people can request to use. The top two rooms have them but they usually aren't used..
Duff2014 said:
I'd like tissues in my room but no glowing alarm clock please! We have some that people can request to use. The top two rooms have them but they usually aren't used.
Air pays you if they're no shows. They've already gotten the money from the guest when the confirmed reservation happened.

Back