Here's something to think about

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is absolutely incredible to read about! talk about frivolous complaints!
i am just amazed they would continue this harassment ....
Harassment is right and if it continues..I think I would consider suing them for it as well. See what they think then.

Harassment is right and if it continues..I think I would consider suing them for it as well. See what they think then.
EmptyNest said:
We forgot to tell the inspector that they never even stayed here. I know it doesn't matter but we wanted him to know that. That he was being used.
We talk about this sorta thing on here all the time, when someone asks about stairs and we cannot ask them if they can make it up stairs, we just state what we have. and all of that.
The dinner cruise that I had been booking for guests the last two seasons would always ask me over the phone about disabilities. I would tell them the same thing "We aren't allowed to ask" and I never knew anyway, not until someone walks or hobbles, or rolls in the door. They always got mad "We have to know!" I said, well if they didn't tell me I can't tell you. I don't and won't ask.
Great world we live in isn't it. I think having porch steps maybe one of the greatest things here, it eliminates half of them (those who are here to stir things up ADA wise) right off the bat.

seashanty said:
i am just amazed they would continue this harassment ...
It was mentioned below about the bully mentality. Yes, that is it right there, 100%. This has brought back other instances here of this, the lady who walked behind her husband and never spoke and showed up with bruises on her face at breakfast. Lawd help us all dealing with the public!

EmptyNest said:
We forgot to tell the inspector that they never even stayed here. I know it doesn't matter but we wanted him to know that. That he was being used.
We talk about this sorta thing on here all the time, when someone asks about stairs and we cannot ask them if they can make it up stairs, we just state what we have. and all of that.
The dinner cruise that I had been booking for guests the last two seasons would always ask me over the phone about disabilities. I would tell them the same thing "We aren't allowed to ask" and I never knew anyway, not until someone walks or hobbles, or rolls in the door. They always got mad "We have to know!" I said, well if they didn't tell me I can't tell you. I don't and won't ask.
Great world we live in isn't it. I think having porch steps maybe one of the greatest things here, it eliminates half of them (those who are here to stir things up ADA wise) right off the bat.
Joey Bloggs said:
EmptyNest said:
I think having porch steps maybe one of the greatest things here, it eliminates half of them (those who are here to stir things up ADA wise) right off the bat.
Speaking of steps, check this one out. This b&b says nowhere on it's website that it has a major number of stairs to climb. And no, there is no back entrance without stairs. Oh, there is also NO picture of them on the website either. I just can't imagine dealing with guests who drive up and find out for themselves there's no way out of these and you have to haul all your luggage up them too.
TA reviews talk about them, but not the website.
clem.JPG

and the stairs start way down where those trucks are parked! No elevator inside either

EmptyNest said:
Joey Bloggs said:
EmptyNest said:
I think having porch steps maybe one of the greatest things here, it eliminates half of them (those who are here to stir things up ADA wise) right off the bat.
Speaking of steps, check this one out. This b&b says nowhere on it's website that it has a major number of stairs to climb. And no, there is no back entrance without stairs. Oh, there is also NO picture of them on the website either. I just can't imagine dealing with guests who drive up and find out for themselves there's no way out of these and you have to haul all your luggage up them too.
clem.JPG

and the stairs start way down where those trucks are parked! No elevator inside either
Take a look at my blog about our trip in Nevada. I posted the photo of the first flight of stairs. The second flight was just as many steps but went around a corner.
Reading the reviews later on I see where someone mentioned you could park in back and go in the back door!
The barkeep never mentioned a parking lot in back or other doors!
I was actually sick after doing those stairs with my suitcase. And we do stairs here all the time!
If that photo is on their website I would certainly assume I was going in that door! (Says the innkeeper who has had 2 separate guests walk into her personal space today thinking it was the entry door. No stairs, of course that's the door we want! I had to go lock the door.)

EmptyNest said:
Joey Bloggs said:
EmptyNest said:
clem.JPG

Take a look at my blog about our trip in Nevada. I posted the photo of the first flight of stairs. The second flight was just as many steps but went around a corner.
Reading the reviews later on I see where someone mentioned you could park in back and go in the back door!
I was actually sick after doing those stairs with my suitcase. And we do stairs here all the time!
If that photo is on their website I would certainly assume I was going in that door! (Says the innkeeper who has had 2 separate guests walk into her personal space today thinking it was the entry door. No stairs, of course that's the door we want! I had to go lock the door.)
Madeleine said:
Nope, that photo is not on their website! This is what's on the website:
clem1_0.jpg

EmptyNest said:
Joey Bloggs said:
EmptyNest said:
clem.JPG

Madeleine said:
clem1_0.jpg

Breakfast Diva said:
Madeleine said:
clem1_0.jpg
Having you? eek freaky wording. "Having you as our guest" or something. I am beginning to get weirded out as I think I see Norman's mother sitting in the front window in a rocker knitting and wearing a shawl. (CTRL +)
"Cut off the stairs to spite their..."

EmptyNest said:
Joey Bloggs said:
EmptyNest said:
clem.JPG

Madeleine said:
clem1_0.jpg

Breakfast Diva said:
Madeleine said:
clem1_0.jpg
Having you? eek freaky wording. "Having you as our guest" or something. I am beginning to get weirded out as I think I see Norman's mother sitting in the front window in a rocker knitting and wearing a shawl. (CTRL +)
Joey Bloggs said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Madeleine said:
clem1_0.jpg
hahahaha eeeek eeeek eeeek
pass the wine, please. i am totally enjoying myself here. no offense intended to that b&b wherever it is ... it does look 'bates-ish'. :)

EmptyNest said:
Joey Bloggs said:
EmptyNest said:
clem.JPG

Madeleine said:
clem1_0.jpg

Breakfast Diva said:
Madeleine said:
clem1_0.jpg
Joey Bloggs said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Madeleine said:
clem1_0.jpg
pass the wine, please. i am totally enjoying myself here. no offense intended to that b&b wherever it is ... it does look 'bates-ish'. :)
Now THAT'S funny!!!!

EmptyNest said:
Joey Bloggs said:
EmptyNest said:
clem.JPG

Madeleine said:
clem1_0.jpg

Breakfast Diva said:
Madeleine said:
clem1_0.jpg
I took a photo of my mother in the attic in a rocking chair with a shawl over her shoulders. She was laughing too much to make it spooky but it was fun!

EmptyNest said:
Joey Bloggs said:
EmptyNest said:
clem.JPG

Madeleine said:
clem1_0.jpg

Breakfast Diva said:
Madeleine said:
clem1_0.jpg
Joey Bloggs said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Madeleine said:
clem1_0.jpg
Even the foliage screams, "Norman, come back...."

EmptyNest said:
Joey Bloggs said:
EmptyNest said:
clem.JPG

I believe this is still top rated in its town on TA. Its a head-scratcher.

EmptyNest said:
what baffles me the most is in the UK it is a legal requirement to have what is called an access statement - detailed description of your property, how many steps to front door from parking, how many steps in, to each floor and so on I have even included photo's in mine - no one looks at it never I can see on my web site stats.

EmptyNest said:
Joey Bloggs said:
EmptyNest said:
clem.JPG

Yes, you're right. Rated #1 in their town. I've stayed there and I don't get it, except the innkeeper is quite personable.

EmptyNest said:
Joey Bloggs said:
EmptyNest said:
clem.JPG

Yes, you're right. Rated #1 in their town. I've stayed there and I don't get it, except the innkeeper is quite personable.
Breakfast Diva said:
Lots of guests, customers, clients forgive a lot if the owner is personable!

I feel bad that we are knocking the place for being the bates motel ... hope he/she/they have a good sense of humor if they spot their inn pic here.
Anyway ... I forgive A LOT if i like the innkeeper. or if they are obviously trying really hard ...

I would say this thread has gotten way off track. You may want to consider removing it. Thank goodness it isn't the place we spent the last 15 years working so hard to build up.
omg_smile.gif

I would say this thread has gotten way off track. You may want to consider removing it. Thank goodness it isn't the place we spent the last 15 years working so hard to build up.
omg_smile.gif
happykeeper said:
omg_smile.gif
Good point. Can someone remove the photo?

omg_smile.gif
happykeeper said:
omg_smile.gif
Good point. Can someone remove the photo?
Since there was a reply - only Swirt can remove it. Request sent via e-mail.

Back