I need a new website.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I built my own site, as well as my client's sites exclusively on wix. It's fantastic!
Unless you're a developer or really computer-savvy, I would stay away from wordpress. I'm a graphic designer and it's been endless frustration..
There are pros and cons for both of these solutions.
But I wouldn't go as far as saying "unless you're a developer or really computer-savvy".
Out of 1,032,151 hotel and B&B websites that I'm monitoring worldwide, WordPress is used on 20.79% of them, while Wix on only 2.59%.
Granted, if looking at stats only for USA, then WordPress drops to 17.7% and Wix jumps to 2.99%.
Nonetheless, there is no CMS in the world that would stand even close to WordPress's market share, other than Joomla, with a 4.77% market share. There's a reason why something is as popular as WordPress is, and it most definitely is not that every user is "really computer-savvy".
It's like saying that public transportation is the best and that people shouldn't drive cars, unless they are professional drivers or "really into cars" :)
Nice themes, D!
Just relaying my personal experience with wordpress and I ain't no newbie.
My site is getting an average of 6K hits per month. Wix has recently partnered with google so it can't be all that bad.
Peace!
As I said, there are pros and cons to both platforms, nothing wrong with that. What's good for someone, can be bad for someone else. I've seen plenty of cases when WordPress was a bad choice for the project, or at least it was badly implemented. It's not a panacea.
P.S. The partnership thing... That statement can have a speculative meaning, so I think it is worth explaining it a little bit.
Wix use some cloud services provided by Google Cloud: hosting, email, etc. They simply pay for certain services provided by Google.
In the same way I'm paying Adobe to be able to use Photoshop and Lightroom... A PR guy could spin it and say that "It is a strategic partnership between Dumitru and Adobe" :)
dumitru said:
In the same way I'm paying Adobe to be able to use Photoshop and Lightroom... A PR guy could spin it and say that "It is a strategic partnership between Dumitru and Adobe" :)
thumbs_up.gif

A healthcare supply company in my town advertises, "We now partner with XYZ medical products to supply our customers with the best equipment available." Partnership. That is another way of saying, we buy some our equipment from a major medical equipment supplier. Spin.

Back