Just Went Full Frontal

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
w00t! w00t! I think my full frontal formatting is finally fixed!
EN, Mort, Dimitru take a look!
Thanks y'all.
Still looks the same to me. 'Directions' is in the photo, text is all clumped together, script font still hard to read.
I checked it on Firefox, Chrome, IE, and everything looks perfectly fine. What version are you using?
Am using 44.0 Latest Fox version
Can anyone else out there check in Fox to see if Directions goes into slider???
Maybe it's your screen resolution? Nope, just changed my monitor to your 1440x900 and all is well
It looks fine in my FF

Thanks y'all.
Still looks the same to me. 'Directions' is in the photo, text is all clumped together, script font still hard to read.
I checked it on Firefox, Chrome, IE, and everything looks perfectly fine. What version are you using?
Maybe it's your screen resolution? Nope, just changed my monitor to your 1440x900 and all is well
It looks fine in my FF
EmptyNest said:
It looks fine in my FF
thumbs_up.gif

Thanks y'all.
1. The menu looks fine to me, but you can play it safe and make a small change.
This code in style.css:
.jqueryslidemenu ul li a {
padding: 0 15px;
}
Just change the 15px to 14px and you will save ~18 pixels, that should fix the issue with certain browsers on certain devices.
2. I'm really wary about the Great Vibes fond... personally I can't be bothered to read anything with script-type fonts, I just always ignore them. If it's something important - people don't make it hard to read.

Thanks y'all.
This code in style.css:
}
Just change the 15px to 14px and you will save ~18 pixels, that should fix the issue with certain browsers on certain devices.
2. I'm really wary about the Great Vibes fond... personally I can't be bothered to read anything with script-type fonts, I just always ignore them. If it's something important - people don't make it hard to read.
I 'spose Great Vibes is personal taste, but since I've gone Full Page, I just booked 22 rooms in 3 days, which is crazy for this time of year.
Will also play with the menu. Thanks again.

Thanks y'all.
This code in style.css:
}
I 'spose Great Vibes is personal taste, but since I've gone Full Page, I just booked 22 rooms in 3 days, which is crazy for this time of year.
WOW! Congrats! I'm glad and proud of your achievements!!!!!

Altho I like the larger photos, Dimitru is right - it's too hard to read across the page like that. You might be able to create a 'text block' inside the present text block to decrease the span. Another option is more paragraphs to break up the text block.
Also, the script font is too much all at once. Maybe just the capital letter at the beginning and then not so fancy?
This is reading it on the laptop. It was fine on the tablet..
There must be a way to specify via css a max body text content width?
I've had the Great Vibes there forever, more a design element and SEO purposes.
Since I've switched to full page everywhere, my bounce rate has dramatically dropped to the mid-teens, so it's all an improvement.
Has anyone used the WP plug-in Site Origin CSS? This may be the way for me to go.
You don't need to use another plugin. You can just add any custom css under THEME OPTIONS /GENERAL/ Custom styles
This all written so close together in that Great VIbes font...kind of just blends the lines together. IT doesn't stand out..can you try BOLD?
Featuring Maine Getaway Packages with
Four Course Dinner at Clay Hill Farm
Two Night Value Packages Begin at $315
Open All Year Round
I would try:
font-family: 'Great Vibes',sans-serif;
font-size: 30px;
color: #275A29;
line-height: 1.2em;
font-weight: 600;
}
There just seems to be too much text to read...can you try some line breaks or something...People won't read ...Bullet points would make the eye move through text better.
See this page: http://kaptinlin.com/themes/strikingr/pages/services/ Just using this as an example. You can use shortcodes ie; columns to break up spaces etc.
See this sample page: http://kaptinlin.com/themes/strikingr/shortcodes/columns/
You will get an idea of how you might break things up. You are not using the theme capabilities as they could be use.
Another one to look at: http://kaptinlin.com/themes/strikingr/shortcodes/content-box/
YAY! all I needed to do was add the line-height=1.2em; Who knew? Grrrrr, how much silly time have I spent trying to figure that out.
OK, will check out the other text break selections.
Thank you once again EN for EM tip!
Not done yet...your link bar at the top is no longer functioning properly. Your 'directions' page link is now in your photo.
What browser are you using? It's OK in IE
& Chrome
Sure would like to take a peek! If only I could remember the site!
wink_smile.gif

I would like a look at it as well, if I may.

Thanks y'all.
This code in style.css:
}
Woohoo - Makes all the effort worthwhile. Instant gratification of the best kind.

Thanks y'all.
This code in style.css:
}
Great news! And the page looks great to me.

You have an excellent way to word things.

I wanna be Empty Nest! Just for, oh, maybe five hours or so ... to get all this good know-how into my head where it isn't. :)

Thanks y'all.
This code in style.css:
}

Thanks, I do get lots of guests who tell me they spend time enjoying reading my wordy prose... and what's even better, we've been luring in lots of millennials!! I figure folks know if they are the right fit by reading or just moving on, win-win for all. Weeds out most who aren't looking for our kind of eclectic whimsy and sends us lots of very appreciative people who do.

Thanks y'all.
This code in style.css:
}

Thanks, I do get lots of guests who tell me they spend time enjoying reading my wordy prose... and what's even better, we've been luring in lots of millennials!! I figure folks know if they are the right fit by reading or just moving on, win-win for all. Weeds out most who aren't looking for our kind of eclectic whimsy and sends us lots of very appreciative people who do.
Momma Smurf said:
I need to go check it all out now, you have been laboring hard over this one. Tell Poppa to take you out for a fine meal (in exchange for paying someone to do all of this that you did yourself!)
thumbs_up.gif

Wait, that is the front of your place, holy cow Momma, I was used to see that older photo, you have me mesmerized, I want to sit right there, well done.

Thanks y'all.
This code in style.css:
}

I know you aren't asking for feedback per se, but I would change Romantic Packages to read Romance Packages. I know they say romantic on them. I will shut up now and go back to browsing your beautiful website, and yes it is beeeeeutiful!

Thanks y'all.
This code in style.css:
}

I know you aren't asking for feedback per se, but I would change Romantic Packages to read Romance Packages. I know they say romantic on them. I will shut up now and go back to browsing your beautiful website, and yes it is beeeeeutiful!
I can do that! Thanks.

Thanks y'all.
HaHa! So turns out this is partially your fault
wink_smile.gif
Duff noticed Directions in the slider on her Apple too. Since I've had and tested this Menu for over a year on lots of viewports, I suddenly had a hunch that changing my "Things To Do" to Phin's suggested "Fun Activities" on Tuesday may be the culprit (a 2 px difference) and sure enough, Duff emailed me back to say that was the quick fix! Hopefully OK now on yours too.

Thanks y'all.
HaHa! So turns out this is partially your fault
wink_smile.gif
Duff noticed Directions in the slider on her Apple too. Since I've had and tested this Menu for over a year on lots of viewports, I suddenly had a hunch that changing my "Things To Do" to Phin's suggested "Fun Activities" on Tuesday may be the culprit (a 2 px difference) and sure enough, Duff emailed me back to say that was the quick fix! Hopefully OK now on yours too.
Same thing happened to me when I changed the titles. That's why I was asking for other words to use for 'Things to do', so I could allow more room for a change on a different title.

Thanks y'all.
This code in style.css:
}
If I use this coding and change the px to 14, the menu is no longer centered. How do I get the margins equal on both ends?
Morticia, your menu is nice and centered? How did you do that?

Thanks y'all.
This code in style.css:
}
If I use this coding and change the px to 14, the menu is no longer centered. How do I get the margins equal on both ends?
Momma Smurf said:
I'll leave that answer to en as she will be able to tell you faster! It's possible it's due to the sizes of the link text.
I'll look later on if you don't figure it out.

Thanks y'all.
This code in style.css:
}
You need to inspect the menu and then add or taking away padding or edit margins. Alot of it does depend on font used & font size Play around with these codes. you won't need both but whatever works best for you.
@media only screen and (min-width: 980px){
#navigation {
right: 25px;
height: 50px;
}
#navigation {
position: absolute;
right: 7px;
bottom: 0;
height: 60px;
}

Thanks y'all.
This code in style.css:
}
Wait... what? Why are all the elements in your header using "position: absolute;"? Why the absolute positioning, it is completely unnecessary. It only creates annoyance and difficulties with arranging the elements properly. You will always have difficulties with centering and will have to edit code every time you make a change just because of this.
Instead of properly letting elements fit into the page flow, they are taken out and then heights, widths and positions are manually hard-coded. That's such a bad way of doing things...
But I'll stop now, don't mind me.

Back