Off Topic - Arks are you Grinning Yet?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are supposed to bring my car to me Monday or Tuesday. Since I'm 4 hours from the nearest dealership in St. Louis, they deliver it to my door on a trailer.
I spent the weekend, 20 full hours, installing my "high power wall charger" delivering 80 amps of Arkansas-made nuclear-made power to keep my baby topped up on extra good, premium grade nuclear electricity.(For those who don't know, most houses in America run on 100 amps, so I've just added a second house to my grid.)
Hardest. Work. I've. Ever.Done!
I had to take aspirin tonight to placate my throbbing 60-year-old muscles. Yes. I still have muscles. Throbbing ones.
But, hire an electrician to do this job in 4 hours? No way! So what if it took 2 full days, plus, and a little blood (I banged my head on floor joists about 5 times). I've pulled 3 wires, each the size of a finger, through 90 feet of conduit. I've pounded my way through a 20 inch thick foundation and feed all that conduit and wire through, then crawled through low crawl space to bring it all to a breaker box above 3 inches of water (we've had so much rain our basement is currently flooded).
Yes, I stood in 3 inches of water and connected the wires to a 100 amp circuit breaker.
Lucky to have survived this? Perhaps. But it's a man thing. I feel like the Hulk tonight.
I saw my insurance agent Friday to get it covered. He punched around in his computer a while then said, "Who makes the Tesla?" I said, "Tesla makes the Tesla." He said, "Oh." He'd never heard of it.
He called the insurance home office. They'd never heard of a Tesla either, but were happy to insure it, for $92/month which I found amazingly cheap.
Then he gave them the price. It came in exactly $30 below the level above which they will not insure a car. So it's insured. Barely.
Yes, Innkeep, I've heard of the "Tesla smile". I'll let you know!.
Yowza! Sounds like quite a job. A lot more than the charging station that my neighbors were required to put in for their Niss an Leaf. ;-)
Glad you're safe, SpArks!!
Well Sparky, the Virginia innmates get together included test drives. All occurred before 11am on Monday. I can't figure out how to upload from my phone so photos will have to wait.
So now that you're experienced in all things electrical are you going to provide a plug at your guesthouse?
So great to meet some inn mates. I did not get to test drive but I know JB sure wanted to. Thanks for the opportunity to meet our friends from Hawaii.
EmptyNest said:
So great to meet some inn mates. I did not get to test drive but I know JB sure wanted to. Thanks for the opportunity to meet our friends from Hawaii.
and JB did, oh yeah...
So happy to see everyone, thank you for being you!
heart.gif

Ride of the Valkyries. How appropriate!

Tesla was here yesterday and this morn, got to ride in it with Joey driving ( CAUTION a wannabe race car driver ) Car has spunk ! driver too. Innkeepers are lots of fun , lets do informal gatherings more often . Good to hear what works for them and learn from them.... ; ).
Mary at Bridgewater Inn and Cottage said:
Tesla was here yesterday and this morn, got to ride in it with Joey driving ( CAUTION a wannabe race car driver ) Car has spunk ! driver too. Innkeepers are lots of fun , lets do informal gatherings more often . Good to hear what works for them and learn from them.... ; )
After we had a NASCAR race here literally this past weekend, can you blame me? You guys were all so wonderful.
I wish for each member of this forum to have the opportunity to see each other in person, one by one, or as a mob. Mary was the gracious hostess and we tried not to break any of her furniture. We had a lovely visit. Oh and here are two photos.
Too cool....so glad you enjoyed your test drive. It was a nice evening with everyone. Thanks!

They are supposed to bring my car to me Monday or Tuesday. Since I'm 4 hours from the nearest dealership in St. Louis, they deliver it to my door on a trailer.
I spent the weekend, 20 full hours, installing my "high power wall charger" delivering 80 amps of Arkansas-made nuclear-made power to keep my baby topped up on extra good, premium grade nuclear electricity.(For those who don't know, most houses in America run on 100 amps, so I've just added a second house to my grid.)
I had to take aspirin tonight to placate my throbbing 60-year-old muscles. Yes. I still have muscles. Throbbing ones.
But, hire an electrician to do this job in 4 hours? No way! So what if it took 2 full days, plus, and a little blood (I banged my head on floor joists about 5 times). I've pulled 3 wires, each the size of a finger, through 90 feet of conduit. I've pounded my way through a 20 inch thick foundation and feed all that conduit and wire through, then crawled through low crawl space to bring it all to a breaker box above 3 inches of water (we've had so much rain our basement is currently flooded).
Yes, I stood in 3 inches of water and connected the wires to a 100 amp circuit breaker.
Lucky to have survived this? Perhaps. But it's a man thing. I feel like the Hulk tonight.
I saw my insurance agent Friday to get it covered. He punched around in his computer a while then said, "Who makes the Tesla?" I said, "Tesla makes the Tesla." He said, "Oh." He'd never heard of it.
He called the insurance home office. They'd never heard of a Tesla either, but were happy to insure it, for $92/month which I found amazingly cheap.
Then he gave them the price. It came in exactly $30 below the level above which they will not insure a car. So it's insured. Barely.
Yowza! Sounds like quite a job. A lot more than the charging station that my neighbors were required to put in for their Niss an Leaf. ;-)
Well Sparky, the Virginia innmates get together included test drives. All occurred before 11am on Monday. I can't figure out how to upload from my phone so photos will have to wait.
So now that you're experienced in all things electrical are you going to provide a plug at your guesthouse?
EmptyNest said:
and JB did, oh yeah...
heart.gif

Morticia said:
and since the marvel is silent, I mean completely silent the song was really loud, or was that the screaming of the passengers in the back seat?

Tesla was here yesterday and this morn, got to ride in it with Joey driving ( CAUTION a wannabe race car driver ) Car has spunk ! driver too. Innkeepers are lots of fun , lets do informal gatherings more often . Good to hear what works for them and learn from them.... ; ).
Tesla was here yesterday and this morn, got to ride in it with Joey driving ( CAUTION a wannabe race car driver ) Car has spunk ! driver too. Innkeepers are lots of fun , lets do informal gatherings more often . Good to hear what works for them and learn from them.... ; )
After we had a NASCAR race here literally this past weekend, can you blame me? You guys were all so wonderful.
I wish for each member of this forum to have the opportunity to see each other in person, one by one, or as a mob. Mary was the gracious hostess and we tried not to break any of her furniture. We had a lovely visit. Oh and here are two photos.
Looks and sounds like a great time was had by all! Some day we'll have to plan our own "conference". East meets west...somewhere in between!

Looks and sounds like a great time was had by all! Some day we'll have to plan our own "conference". East meets west...somewhere in between!
Breakfast Diva said:
I know a place inn between east and west...

Did it come yet Arks? You know we want pictures! Especially a video of you jumping up and down squealing in delight as it is unloaded.
You know what is going to happen. You will have to redo all your pictures on the website. Here's the inn with the Tesla. Here's the gardens with the Tesla. Here's Room # with the mirror strategical placed to show the Tesla in the parking lot.....
wink_smile.gif

Better start saving your pennies! You are adventurous....last time the pictures show that you were driving a tank!

Did it come yet Arks? You know we want pictures! Especially a video of you jumping up and down squealing in delight as it is unloaded.
You know what is going to happen. You will have to redo all your pictures on the website. Here's the inn with the Tesla. Here's the gardens with the Tesla. Here's Room # with the mirror strategical placed to show the Tesla in the parking lot.....
wink_smile.gif
Duff2014 said:
Did it come yet Arks?
Tomorrow, Wednesday. They say.

wink_smile.gif
Duff2014 said:
Did it come yet Arks?
Great!!!!! I hope you can sleep tonight!

wink_smile.gif
Duff2014 said:
Did it come yet Arks?
Duff2014 said:
Might not be easy. Thunderstorms predicted tonight and tomorrow :-(
Just love taking delivery of a new car in the rain. But I guess I shouldn't complain! :)

wink_smile.gif
Duff2014 said:
Did it come yet Arks?
Duff2014 said:
Just love taking delivery of a new car in the rain. But I guess I shouldn't complain! :)
Arks said:
Duff2014 said:
Can't wait to see the video! Dancing in the rain!
wink_smile.gif

EmptyNest said:
and JB did, oh yeah...
heart.gif

Morticia said:
and since the marvel is silent, I mean completely silent the song was really loud, or was that the screaming of the passengers in the back seat?
Joey Bloggs said:
Morticia said:
Ahem, from someone who was concerned about a mere 80 mph on a highway (4-lane) hitting it 0 to "60" (I saw at least 38) on a residential street was a bit of a surprise.

wink_smile.gif
Duff2014 said:
Did it come yet Arks?
Arks said:
Duff2014 said:
Did it come yet Arks?
Are you aware that tomorrow (Wednesday) is April 1st.....
wink_smile.gif

Bat mobile. I figured it out. The cool bells, whistles and sonar included. :)

Breakfast Diva said:
Arks said:
Breakfast Diva said:
OMG so do I!
teeth_smile.gif

wink_smile.gif
Duff2014 said:
Did it come yet Arks?
Arks said:
Duff2014 said:
Did it come yet Arks?
wink_smile.gif

Duff2014 said:
wink_smile.gif
Yes, that has run through my mind. At least it's not Friday the 13th!

EmptyNest said:
and JB did, oh yeah...
heart.gif

thumbs_up.gif
thumbs_up.gif
Sounds like a great time was had by all!

:) :) :)
Smiling. Grinning. It's like when you wait a long time for your dinner at a restaurant. When the food finally comes, the long wait is forgotten!
The car arrived on the back of a huge truck at 8 p.m., in total darkness. So no photos. The driver had me sign a release, handed me the two sets of keys (really just a fob I keep in my pocket) and he drove away! That was it.
I took it out on the highway for a test drive in the rain :-(
I've driven a Jaguar for 13 years and nobody in town could beat me off the mark when the stop light changed. But this car makes the Jaguar feel like a toy. I've never felt such power and acceleration.
Happy camper in Arkansas tonight.
Tomorrow the focus returns to innkeeping, but tonight it's totally NOT!

Smiling. Grinning. It's like when you wait a long time for your dinner at a restaurant. When the food finally comes, the long wait is forgotten!
The car arrived on the back of a huge truck at 8 p.m., in total darkness. So no photos. The driver had me sign a release, handed me the two sets of keys (really just a fob I keep in my pocket) and he drove away! That was it.
I've driven a Jaguar for 13 years and nobody in town could beat me off the mark when the stop light changed. But this car makes the Jaguar feel like a toy. I've never felt such power and acceleration.
Tomorrow the focus returns to innkeeping, but tonight it's totally NOT!.
Sign a release in the dark - I hope there are no dents and no scratches. Just super duper FUN.

Tomorrow the focus returns to innkeeping, but tonight it's totally NOT!.
Great! Wonderful! Can't wait to see pictures!

Back