Off Topic - Arks are you Grinning Yet?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:) :) :)
Smiling. Grinning. It's like when you wait a long time for your dinner at a restaurant. When the food finally comes, the long wait is forgotten!
The car arrived on the back of a huge truck at 8 p.m., in total darkness. So no photos. The driver had me sign a release, handed me the two sets of keys (really just a fob I keep in my pocket) and he drove away! That was it.
I took it out on the highway for a test drive in the rain :-(
I've driven a Jaguar for 13 years and nobody in town could beat me off the mark when the stop light changed. But this car makes the Jaguar feel like a toy. I've never felt such power and acceleration.
Happy camper in Arkansas tonight.
Tomorrow the focus returns to innkeeping, but tonight it's totally NOT!.
Arks said:
Smiling. Grinning.....
Happy camper in Arkansas tonight.....
Tomorrow the focus returns to innkeeping, but tonight it's totally NOT!
So did you take an air mattress and sleep out in the car?!?
wink_smile.gif

Smiling. Grinning. It's like when you wait a long time for your dinner at a restaurant. When the food finally comes, the long wait is forgotten!
The car arrived on the back of a huge truck at 8 p.m., in total darkness. So no photos. The driver had me sign a release, handed me the two sets of keys (really just a fob I keep in my pocket) and he drove away! That was it.
I've driven a Jaguar for 13 years and nobody in town could beat me off the mark when the stop light changed. But this car makes the Jaguar feel like a toy. I've never felt such power and acceleration.
Arks said:
Smiling. Grinning.....
wink_smile.gif

Duff2014 said:
wink_smile.gif
No, but it's 11:55 p.m. and I was just out there exploring the controls.
Again.
Me like.

Arks said:
Smiling. Grinning.....
wink_smile.gif

Duff2014 said:
wink_smile.gif
Again.
Me like.
I've really enjoyed my first road trip. Am sitting at a supercharger in Delaware on my way to another one in Maryland before rejoining I-70 back home. Although the route is circuitous remember there were no gas stations when Henry Ford started up. People bought gas at their pharmacy.

Arks said:
Smiling. Grinning.....
wink_smile.gif

Duff2014 said:
wink_smile.gif
Again.
Me like.
Arks said:
Duff2014 said:
wink_smile.gif
Again.
Me like.
I'm glad! Just remember you have a B & B to take care of first!!!!

Arks said:
Smiling. Grinning.....
wink_smile.gif

Duff2014 said:
wink_smile.gif
Again.
Me like.
I've really enjoyed my first road trip. Am sitting at a supercharger in Delaware on my way to another one in Maryland before rejoining I-70 back home. Although the route is circuitous remember there were no gas stations when Henry Ford started up. People bought gas at their pharmacy.
There's a charging station 1 mile from here...

And, as I understand it, the "super charger" charging stations are free. You can drive all the way across the country and not spend a penny for fuel. There are 2 superchargers within range of my car, and I'm about as far as one can get from one!
So here it is. Overcast day so not the best photo, but still, thanks Innkeep for convincing me to get the red. It's quite beautiful!
tesla.jpg

And, as I understand it, the "super charger" charging stations are free. You can drive all the way across the country and not spend a penny for fuel. There are 2 superchargers within range of my car, and I'm about as far as one can get from one!
So here it is. Overcast day so not the best photo, but still, thanks Innkeep for convincing me to get the red. It's quite beautiful!
tesla.jpg
Arks said:
tesla.jpg
You flashy thang you!
I love it. Have fun.

tesla.jpg
Oooh! Ah! Very nice!

Awesome car! I'm glad I'm an Innkeeper, so I could have one of these someday
wink_smile.gif

tesla.jpg
Oh WOW WOW...you will be attracting attention in this one. LOVE IT! Innkeep told us yes, charging stations are free for tesla owners. You paid enough for it so it should be FREE:)
ENJOY!

tesla.jpg
Arks said:
tesla.jpg
You flashy thang you!
I love it. Have fun.
a beauty!

tesla.jpg
Cool! Send a picture of your charging station ...

tesla.jpg
Sweet!

tesla.jpg
Thanks to all who have complimented the new addition to the family!
Tom said:
Looks identical to the one on the wall in this photo. My "high power wall connector" will charge the car over twice as fast as just plugging it into a regular 120V outlet, but that works too, in a pinch.
teslacharging_picture.jpg

tesla.jpg
Tom said:
Sparky is still waiting for the drug store to finish developing the picture of his wall charger.

tesla.jpg
You're covered in Astoria and Seaside OR. Congrats!

It's a beauty Arks! You can drive it cross country without spending a dime on charging...but watch out for all those speeding tickets you may get. It could be very expensive after all.
wink_smile.gif

Parked it at McDonald's today. Came out after lunch and saw that two 20-something "dudes" were circling it, and circling it. I think it just looks like every other car on the road. The carmaker wind tunnel tests tell them the ideal shape for best gas mileage, so all cars look alike these days.
But these dudes had a good eye and spotted something they'd never seen at McDonald's before!

Parked it at McDonald's today. Came out after lunch and saw that two 20-something "dudes" were circling it, and circling it. I think it just looks like every other car on the road. The carmaker wind tunnel tests tell them the ideal shape for best gas mileage, so all cars look alike these days.
But these dudes had a good eye and spotted something they'd never seen at McDonald's before!.
Arks said:
But these dudes had a good eye and spotted something they'd never seen at McDonald's before!
I'm sure you're the first in your town to get one, aren't you? You're a celebrity.

Back