Problems with credit cards + pin?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crazy chip reader! Even though I now know how to use the thing, thanks to Harborfields for the explanation, the Square $29 version is still flaky!

I tried several times to run a charge with a AMEX card but it would never process. They finally presented me with a Visa and it went through on first attempt. Last week a couple had to give me 3 cards before it went through. What a pita.

At least the couple this week said they are experiencing this all over the place with frustration by both customers and merchants. I don't think it is 1 piece of equipment..
Thank you. I was beginning to wonder. I did recharge my gizmo and will put it on charge the next time a guest checks in to be sure it is fully charged. And that is also thanks to Harborfields' coaching.
I think the problem is with the banks and the cards themselves. I do not think they have done their side of it properly. BTW - neither of our cards have been issued as chip yet = and BOTH cards have been reissued in the last couple months due to being compromised.
gillumhouse said:
Thank you. I was beginning to wonder. I did recharge my gizmo and will put it on charge the next time a guest checks in to be sure it is fully charged. And that is also thanks to Harborfields' coaching.
I think the problem is with the banks and the cards themselves. I do not think they have done their side of it properly. BTW - neither of our cards have been issued as chip yet = and BOTH cards have been reissued in the last couple months due to being compromised.
Just got a new card, no chip!

Back