Quantcast

Acronyms

INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources

Help Support INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources:

sonatainn

Reaction score
Ok...I am confused.
As most of you know, I am new to the forum...but I have been reading it for quite a while...I am confused by a new acronyms being thrown around...can someone throw me a paddle?
The main ones for me are
DH
DW
and SF
I only conclusions I have drawn is DH stands for "Da husband," and DW "Da wife?" but I am pretty sure I'm wrong.
is SF => Sole Female?
Confused!

sonatainn

Reaction score
Maybe...Dear husband/wife? (I went a little overboard with Da)

scrambled_eggs

Reaction score
Isn't it dear husband and dear wife? I am not sure who thought up those. I think they are redicoulous. Just call them the wife or the husband. I've never seen SF.

scrambled_eggs

Reaction score
There was a glossary somewhere on here but I can't find it. Anyone know where that is?

SweetiePie

Reaction score
We just covered this recently. Look under Chat, Vent, Laugh, Cry in the Forum section. There you will find the Innspiring Glossary which outlines all of the abbreviated terms. Some are pretty funny.

sonatainn

Reaction score
Ah! Thank you, I just read the glossary...now I am up to date and ready to go crazy with acronyms :p

SweetiePie

Reaction score
SF is a new one that hasn't made it in there yet. I believe it is sole female proprietor.

The Farmers Daughter

Reaction score
Isn't it dear husband and dear wife? I am not sure who thought up those. I think they are redicoulous. Just call them the wife or the husband. I've never seen SF..
oceans said:
Isn't it dear husband and dear wife? I am not sure who thought up those. I think they are redicoulous. Just call them the wife or the husband. I've never seen SF.
SF = Single/Sole Female

Proud Texan

Reaction score
MPWWHWFI= Male proprietor who wishes he was fishing instead.

DaisyMae

Reaction score
FIWLLLC - female innkeeper who loves loves loves chocolate!
edited to say: or cookies

SweetiePie

Reaction score
FIWHPITAS - female innkeeper who hates PITAs. The Glossary just got a little longer.

The Farmers Daughter

Reaction score
Little Blue said:
Here's my favorite = SGDS or "Sudden Granny Death Syndrome".
Used alot at the hotel I managed to describe those guests who try cancelling at the last minute because their "grandma passed away today". I always thought it a bit odd that grandmothers (never grandfathers) only died at the last minute on the weekends.
Yeah tell me about it. We get that so often, its a wonder there is anyone left alive. It used to be funny, but now its just a bore.

wendydk

Reaction score
Used alot at the hotel I managed to describe those guests who try cancelling at the last minute because their "grandma passed away today". I always thought it a bit odd that grandmothers (never grandfathers) only died at the last minute and only on the rainy weekends.

Proud Texan

Reaction score
Little Blue said:
Used alot at the hotel I managed to describe those guests who try cancelling at the last minute because their "grandma passed away today". I always thought it a bit odd that grandmothers (never grandfathers) only died at the last minute on the weekends.
Yeah tell me about it. We get that so often, its a wonder there is anyone left alive. It used to be funny, but now its just a bore..
The Farmers Daughter said:
Little Blue said:
Yeah tell me about it. We get that so often, its a wonder there is anyone left alive. It used to be funny, but now its just a bore.
That's when you break out TFBISTBY = Too F___king Bad, It Sucks to Be You!

wendydk

Reaction score
Little Blue said:
Yeah tell me about it. We get that so often, its a wonder there is anyone left alive. It used to be funny, but now its just a bore..
I'm suprised.....I haven't heard it at all since I left the hotel seven years ago...never had it here at the Inn.