Anybody Join "Select Registry"

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it was last year when SR tried something new: putting their books onto a computer CD. I know we handed a few out to guests who preferred the CD to the book, but I don't know of many people who use the SR site to find a place to stay..
I have had a few who say they check the website for new properties - this happened once or twice our first year, when we were members before the new books came out.
So you are an innkeeper at an SR inn? Would you email me offline as to which one?
I am not an Innkeeper (yet). Currently, am an Innkeeper Assistant and have been there for almost 2 years.
Time will tell when the "yet" becomes a "YES I am an INNKEEPER"!!!:)

I think it was last year when SR tried something new: putting their books onto a computer CD. I know we handed a few out to guests who preferred the CD to the book, but I don't know of many people who use the SR site to find a place to stay..
I have had a few who say they check the website for new properties - this happened once or twice our first year, when we were members before the new books came out.
So you are an innkeeper at an SR inn? Would you email me offline as to which one?
I am not an Innkeeper (yet). Currently, am an Innkeeper Assistant and have been there for almost 2 years.
Time will tell when the "yet" becomes a "YES I am an INNKEEPER"!!!:)
Some assistant innkeepers that I have met at some SR properties work much harder at the innkeeping portion of the business than the owners. You have to tell me if you are south of Route 70/71 - I drive that way when I visit my sister and mother in Cincinnati. I would stop by for a visit!

We've been in select registry for a few years now and for the type of B and B that we are I think it really helps us business wise. Each Inn is required to give out select registry books at check out and these have names and photos of all SR inns. For those couples who are constant B and B stayers it really puts your name out there.

We've been in select registry for a few years now and for the type of B and B that we are I think it really helps us business wise. Each Inn is required to give out select registry books at check out and these have names and photos of all SR inns. For those couples who are constant B and B stayers it really puts your name out there..
Welcome to the forum!!!!
Where's your inn located?
=)
Kk.

Does anyone have an updated cost estimate on Select Registry fees? We had a guest who stayed with us mention it as they are members.
Of course the SR website does not mention fees.
Thanks!

Does anyone have an updated cost estimate on Select Registry fees? We had a guest who stayed with us mention it as they are members.
Thanks!.
Berto said:
Thanks!
I think they have the power to change rates for each new member, depending on your location and how many other SR properties are in your region. At least that's the way it was several years ago, but they have a new CEO (fabulous) and may have changed since.

Thanks!.
Berto said:
Does anyone have an updated cost estimate on Select Registry fees?
I recently heard a quote of approximately $3500 annually and about $1500 for the initial application fee, for an 8 room inn with no restaurant in an area with about 4 SR properties in a 25 mile radius. As I stated in this thread early on (and boy, I think I have PTS just from re-reading this thread), SR does evaluate each member individually and may choose to increase or decrease the fees depending on their own criteria. If you are really interested, they will very helpfully send you information about your own specific case, and there's not a hard sell if you don't want to join right away. I no longer own a Select Registry inn, but I innsit at some, and they have been busy adding members and getting marketing programs for their members like the Tesla partnership. Jay Karen, the new CEO is a wonderful addition and will just make the organization stronger, IMO.

Thanks!.
Berto said:
Does anyone have an updated cost estimate on Select Registry fees?
I recently heard a quote of approximately $3500 annually and about $1500 for the initial application fee, for an 8 room inn with no restaurant in an area with about 4 SR properties in a 25 mile radius. As I stated in this thread early on (and boy, I think I have PTS just from re-reading this thread), SR does evaluate each member individually and may choose to increase or decrease the fees depending on their own criteria. If you are really interested, they will very helpfully send you information about your own specific case, and there's not a hard sell if you don't want to join right away. I no longer own a Select Registry inn, but I innsit at some, and they have been busy adding members and getting marketing programs for their members like the Tesla partnership. Jay Karen, the new CEO is a wonderful addition and will just make the organization stronger, IMO.
but do they think it is worth it? a similar program in the UK would be Sawdays but the people who are in it swear by it and the guests say they will only stay in sawdays places - its not so much the money as what you get for it id be interested in.

wow ... amazing to see these old posts. It was a very interesting discussion!
And some words from sweet Sarah (RIP) ...

And some words from sweet Sarah (RIP) ....
seashanty said:
Wow you aren't kidding.

trishany: Can't knock off free speech.
So many people misunderstand freedom of speech. It comes from the First Amendment to the Constitution and says "Congress shall make no law...abridging the freedom of speech..."
So, the government can't knock off free speech. But Swirt sure can, thank goodness!

Thanks!.
Berto said:
Thanks!
I think they have the power to change rates for each new member, depending on your location and how many other SR properties are in your region. At least that's the way it was several years ago, but they have a new CEO (fabulous) and may have changed since.
Thanks everyone, pretty much covers it

And some words from sweet Sarah (RIP) ....
seashanty said:
Wow you aren't kidding.
Yowza...a blast from the past. Always wished I had made it to Tipsy's place. :-(
Several folks in that discussion that don't post much anymore...

Back