Quantcast

Asheville, NC

INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources

Help Support INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources:

gillumhouse

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guest asking for recommends for a B & B in Ashville. Do we have an innmate in or really near Ashville? Any prefers?

EmptyNest

Reaction score
The Wright House Inn is excellent. The Inn on Montford is also good and I know them well. The White Gate Inn is also nice. Frank was at the conference in WV. The prices are not cheap though,

wendydk

Reaction score
Hubs and I stayed at the Acorn Cottage B&B a few years ago. Nice little (affordable) Arts & Crafts Bungalow and a sweetheart of an Innkeeper....I believe her name was Sharon. I'm having a hard time tracking down her website now, though. Hope she's still there.

Samster

Reaction score
I just stayed at Oak Hill on Love Lane in Waynesville, NC...about 30 miles/mins from Asheville. They were wonderful innkeepers and it's a beautiful place. Much less expensive than right in Asheville but truly lovely.

EmptyNest

Reaction score
Hubs and I stayed at the Acorn Cottage B&B a few years ago. Nice little (affordable) Arts & Crafts Bungalow and a sweetheart of an Innkeeper....I believe her name was Sharon. I'm having a hard time tracking down her website now, though. Hope she's still there..
For some reason that name seems familiar and I thought it was for sale but am not sure. Was this place back off Montford?

EmptyNest

Reaction score
I just stayed at Oak Hill on Love Lane in Waynesville, NC...about 30 miles/mins from Asheville. They were wonderful innkeepers and it's a beautiful place. Much less expensive than right in Asheville but truly lovely..
Yes but if they want to be in Asheville...that's a long drive in every time they want to do something.
DIdn't we have an old inn mate in Waynesville? Inn at Iris Meadow ?

muirford

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Waynesville is about 30 minutes from Asheville and it is the Inn at Iris Meadows. We were there a few years ago and it's lovely. Waynesville is a nice town, less hectic than Asheville. Becky and George are the innkeepers.

EmptyNest

Reaction score
Waynesville is about 30 minutes from Asheville and it is the Inn at Iris Meadows. We were there a few years ago and it's lovely. Waynesville is a nice town, less hectic than Asheville. Becky and George are the innkeepers..
Oh yes, Waynesville is a very nice place. We were there several years ago. I just meant that if they wanted to do several things in Asheville, it would be a drive to do so and might not be as convenient.

wendydk

Reaction score
Hubs and I stayed at the Acorn Cottage B&B a few years ago. Nice little (affordable) Arts & Crafts Bungalow and a sweetheart of an Innkeeper....I believe her name was Sharon. I'm having a hard time tracking down her website now, though. Hope she's still there..
For some reason that name seems familiar and I thought it was for sale but am not sure. Was this place back off Montford?
If you're talking about Acorn Cottage, I think it was on Duneston or a similar street name...I'n not overly familiar with the area, but it was just a few minutes from Biltmore in a wooded and hilly residential area.

Samster

Reaction score
Waynesville is about 30 minutes from Asheville and it is the Inn at Iris Meadows. We were there a few years ago and it's lovely. Waynesville is a nice town, less hectic than Asheville. Becky and George are the innkeepers..
Oh yes, Waynesville is a very nice place. We were there several years ago. I just meant that if they wanted to do several things in Asheville, it would be a drive to do so and might not be as convenient.
It is really not that bad of a drive from Waynesville to Asheville and I agree with Muirford that is definitely less hectic than Asheville and more of smaller town atmosphere in the mountains but still has some top notch restaurants. There are about a dozen B&B/inns in Waynesville, a few others in Maggie Valley and some other towns around there. I wasn't able to stay at Inn at Iris Meadows (they were closed for work on the property) but it's in the same area as the place I stayed & also lovely. I had a beautiful view of the mountains from the big porch of Oak Hill :)