Bad TA review as no discount was given

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My turn!
Early this week our pool pump stopped working, DH ordered a new pump which came in yesterday afternoon and he started the process to install. Of course the old fittings did not work with the new and he had to rebuild the entire system.

Of course with the pump not working the pool turned green. So now he is working to get the pool ready again. - long process!

Guests check in and I gave them an upgraded room while giving them the quick version that hopefully the pool will be back up tomorrow. They didn't seem too concerned since the hot tub is available. But the guy did have to give a snotty remark about how long it 'should' have taken DH to get it back operational. What!.
Scrub sides of pool. Add Liquid shock by the gallon: 6 to 12 gallons (not powder form) Can use without pump working by splashing it in while walking around the pool...clear overnight! Wear old clothes since it will eat it. They advise to wait until sun has gone done since the sun will burn it off.

My turn!
Early this week our pool pump stopped working, DH ordered a new pump which came in yesterday afternoon and he started the process to install. Of course the old fittings did not work with the new and he had to rebuild the entire system.

Of course with the pump not working the pool turned green. So now he is working to get the pool ready again. - long process!

Guests check in and I gave them an upgraded room while giving them the quick version that hopefully the pool will be back up tomorrow. They didn't seem too concerned since the hot tub is available. But the guy did have to give a snotty remark about how long it 'should' have taken DH to get it back operational. What!.
its always parts - no matter what breaks, they never have it in stock or if it is more than 2 minutes old they have stopped making it, or its imperil only and they only have metric and so on. Nightmare - I have total respect for those of you who have hot tubs, jet tubs and pools - I know how much it takes in time and money to keep the ruddy things operational!
I know how much it takes in time and money to keep the ruddy things operational!
Which is one reason I did not fall for all the gurus BS many years ago that a B & B must have Jacuzzi, whirlpool, hot tubs to stay in business. It takes too much time and effort to clean the darned things, they cost too much, and my floors would not hold them. (Big reason is I was too lazy to even think about cleaning them.)

My turn!

its always parts - no matter what breaks, they never have it in stock or if it is more than 2 minutes old they have stopped making it, or its imperil only and they only have metric and so on. Nightmare - I have total respect for those of you who have hot tubs, jet tubs and pools - I know how much it takes in time and money to keep the ruddy things operational!
We have 3 jacuzzi rooms and an outdoor hot tub for everyone else to use. We only wish that we had made all of the rooms have jacuzzi tubs. Our new room is being designed around the jacuzzi tub and rainfall shower and it will bring in $$$. Not everyone needs them to be successful but when your market can support them they more than pay for themselves and make you lots of money. If we had less rooms but each one was a little larger with a jacuzzi tub we could work smarter rather than harder - fewer guests, fewer checkins, less breakfasts to prepare (and with fewer guests, then fewer special needs for breakfast), fewer people to assist/keep happy. I'm already figuring when the steam showers in my two upstairs rooms die, then I'm taking them out and putting in air tubs in both as they don't vibrate as much and then I'll have 6 out of 10 with jacuzzi tubs. Then I want to combine my two end rooms into one larger room with a whole spa room and I'll have 7 out of 9 with jacuzzi tubs. Again, I'll be working smarter not harder. But then again, I have a housekeeper who cleans all of those tubs, not me!

Back