Booking.com issue

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And it gets worse. Just had a guest check in who said they booked a room with 2 beds. Nowhere do we say, or show photos of a room with 2 beds.
I went to the booking site to try to do the reservation process. All the way into the reservation there it is - 2 beds.
So now I have to upgrade this guest at my own expense and no one at booking can tell me where that info came from. These are not the only booking guests here tonight. I can't move any other guests to other rooms.
Will be checking out TC on Monday..
i dont know why you would consider keeping them one day longer! sounds like nothing but problems to me. do they bring you any real income from guests? get rid of them.
I use both XP and BK and I have to tell you that they do fill a lot of rooms and introduce some people to us that haven't noticed us before. We recently had guests who live in the big city to our west who booked via XP but the entire reservation was done in Korean. I saw their reservation. So they may not have been comfortable booking directly with us, the first time, but here they could do most of the transaction in their native tongue. And I checked BK and I'm there in English, French, Spanish, German, Italian and Chinese.
Maybe the experience is different because I have a rep... maybe it's different because I would make their lives miserable until everything was done right on my page and I would lock out the rooms until it was.
And people are taking our cards for their friends and next visit and we mention how to book direct. We have also gotten a few people who have used points or their company insists that it be booked via XP too.
I now have the supervisor's name and phone number. If this was not resolved tonight I was going to pull my listings until that person got back to me.
As it was, again, the person on the phone kept saying, " I can't see your listing, you have no rooms open."
Try a different date already. Yes I'm full tonight!
Finally talked them thru it. Finally they saw what the guests are seeing. And it's fixed. They took out all the stuff that says guests have views and that we give away free stuff.
Am still checking on TC on Monday.
Morticia said:
I now have the supervisor's name and phone number. If this was not resolved tonight I was going to pull my listings until that person got back to me.
As it was, again, the person on the phone kept saying, " I can't see your listing, you have no rooms open."
Finally talked them thru it. Finally they saw what the guests are seeing. And it's fixed. They took out all the stuff that says guests have views and that we give away free stuff.
Still contact that rep on Monday. Get answers as to why your listing was changed without your knowledge. Tell them what this COST you in order to satisfy this guest due to their changes.
I would also tell them that you should be notified when you get a change in rep. Each one should reach out to you (and all their clients) as the CS on the phone are all idiots.

About TC, your booking engine has to be able to link up to TC. I was going to check if it was compatible but am unable because I am already using TC so it won't let me check.
Ugh, I don't see Mort's on there: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ConnectivityPartners
unless there is an alias
confused_smile.gif

When I go to Morticias TA page, I get a book .c om and a pric l. options. So what seems to be the issue?? I am clueless on this stuff as I never used any of it and probably still wouldn't if I was in business today.
EmptyNest said:
When I go to Morticias TA page, I get a book .c om and a pric l. options. So what seems to be the issue?? I am clueless on this stuff as I never used any of it and probably still wouldn't if I was in business today.
The issue is booking causing me so much grief. If I can get away from it and get more direct reservations, then all to the good.
I hate to say it, but you may be in the situation of having to look for new reservation software, if they don't have TripConnect yet. It's almost incredible to think that in two years they still haven't implemented it.

And it gets worse. Just had a guest check in who said they booked a room with 2 beds. Nowhere do we say, or show photos of a room with 2 beds.
I went to the booking site to try to do the reservation process. All the way into the reservation there it is - 2 beds.
So now I have to upgrade this guest at my own expense and no one at booking can tell me where that info came from. These are not the only booking guests here tonight. I can't move any other guests to other rooms.
i dont know why you would consider keeping them one day longer! sounds like nothing but problems to me. do they bring you any real income from guests? get rid of them.
I use both XP and BK and I have to tell you that they do fill a lot of rooms and introduce some people to us that haven't noticed us before. We recently had guests who live in the big city to our west who booked via XP but the entire reservation was done in Korean. I saw their reservation. So they may not have been comfortable booking directly with us, the first time, but here they could do most of the transaction in their native tongue. And I checked BK and I'm there in English, French, Spanish, German, Italian and Chinese.
Maybe the experience is different because I have a rep... maybe it's different because I would make their lives miserable until everything was done right on my page and I would lock out the rooms until it was.
And people are taking our cards for their friends and next visit and we mention how to book direct. We have also gotten a few people who have used points or their company insists that it be booked via XP too.
Morticia said:
Still contact that rep on Monday. Get answers as to why your listing was changed without your knowledge. Tell them what this COST you in order to satisfy this guest due to their changes.
I would also tell them that you should be notified when you get a change in rep. Each one should reach out to you (and all their clients) as the CS on the phone are all idiots.

About TC, your booking engine has to be able to link up to TC. I was going to check if it was compatible but am unable because I am already using TC so it won't let me check.
Ugh, I don't see Mort's on there: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ConnectivityPartners
unless there is an alias
confused_smile.gif

EmptyNest said:
The issue is booking causing me so much grief. If I can get away from it and get more direct reservations, then all to the good.
Is all this grief worth it? Does it make you any money? If not, drop them!
EmptyNest said:
Is all this grief worth it? Does it make you any money? If not, drop them!
Yes, it brings in new guests. 3 of whom are now booking directly every summer.

Morticia said:

unless there is an alias
confused_smile.gif

EmptyNest said:
I hate to say it, but you may be in the situation of having to look for new reservation software, if they don't have TripConnect yet. It's almost incredible to think that in two years they still haven't implemented it.
Jon Sable said:
Can't do it now. But definitely over the winter if things don't improve dramatically.

Morticia said:

unless there is an alias
confused_smile.gif

EmptyNest said:
Jon Sable said:
Can't do it now. But definitely over the winter if things don't improve dramatically.
I switched last winter. It was a pain, but I managed to extract all my data.

Back