Can I Have A Promo Code?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Generic

Reaction score
You know where RK asks for a Promo Code and that's where you put in the Gift Certificate number? Well... guest books this week and then emails me asking if I can give them a promo code, and if so, they will cancel their reservation and rebook with the promo code.

I don't have any promo codes... but would you email someone who already booked a promo code?

Maybe I should make one... promo code: AAA or CAA and if you put it in, I charge an extra $10 a night. If you can pay for their expensive car insurance and a useless printed map... you can afford to pay me more!

When asked for AAA or AARP or military discounts, I say, “Our rooms are well priced.”

I shouldn’t be annoyed, but I am. There is a place down the street, no ocean view, no porch or outside lounge area, no hot breakfast - charging high $300’s. Higher than us and frankly, higher than I would pay. They get it. We are worth our high $200’s.

The only discounts I give are Military and Bereavement.
I gave NONE. Last year, every high season cancellation, went for $30 more than originally priced and often sold in hours.

My favourite is the government rate. Do you have a government rate? Nope, the discount is called my taxes!

I don’t get the government rate. If you have a per diem, either stick to it, or pay the difference. My rooms are priced well. It is none of my business how you manage your travel expenses.

Last edited:
I don’t get the government rate. If you have a per drum, either stick to it, or pay the difference. My rooms are priced well. It is none of my business how you manage your travel expenses.
I hate when they try to take the Government rate personally. No, you need to present papers to get the government rate and show you are on government business.

Back