Can I Have A Promo Code?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Generic

Reaction score
You know where RK asks for a Promo Code and that's where you put in the Gift Certificate number? Well... guest books this week and then emails me asking if I can give them a promo code, and if so, they will cancel their reservation and rebook with the promo code.

I don't have any promo codes... but would you email someone who already booked a promo code?

Maybe I should make one... promo code: AAA or CAA and if you put it in, I charge an extra $10 a night. If you can pay for their expensive car insurance and a useless printed map... you can afford to pay me more!

When asked for AAA or AARP or military discounts, I say, “Our rooms are well priced.”

I shouldn’t be annoyed, but I am. There is a place down the street, no ocean view, no porch or outside lounge area, no hot breakfast - charging high $300’s. Higher than us and frankly, higher than I would pay. They get it. We are worth our high $200’s.

The only discounts I give are Military and Bereavement.
I gave NONE. Last year, every high season cancellation, went for $30 more than originally priced and often sold in hours.

My favourite is the government rate. Do you have a government rate? Nope, the discount is called my taxes!

I don’t get the government rate. If you have a per diem, either stick to it, or pay the difference. My rooms are priced well. It is none of my business how you manage your travel expenses.

Last edited:
I don’t get the government rate. If you have a per drum, either stick to it, or pay the difference. My rooms are priced well. It is none of my business how you manage your travel expenses.
I hate when they try to take the Government rate personally. No, you need to present papers to get the government rate and show you are on government business.

Latest posts

Back