CarsDirect.com=bbonline?

INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources

Help Support INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources:

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Are these 2 divergent companies related or did I just get scammed?

swirt

Forum founder. Former Owner.
Reaction score
There does seem to be some connection through their domain servers. Beyond that I am not sure how they are connected. Why what did you just buy?

EmptyNest

Reaction score
Yes, I vaguely remember when the site was bought out from Randy that they also had CarsDIrect or similar along with a couple of other sites as well. But can't remember which now.

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
There does seem to be some connection through their domain servers. Beyond that I am not sure how they are connected. Why what did you just buy?.
Renewed my bbonline listing but it was thru a phone call. When I looked at the caller id it said 'carsdirect.com' altho a very similar phone number to bbonline. I called but no one answered so I emailed.

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, I vaguely remember when the site was bought out from Randy that they also had CarsDIrect or similar along with a couple of other sites as well. But can't remember which now..
Internet Brands owns bbonline, CarsDirect and many other sites: http://www.internetbrands.com/ib
Mary
Sanderling said:
Internet Brands owns bbonline, CarsDirect and many other sites: http://www.internetbrands.com/ib
Mary
Thanks for that as no one has responded to my email.

Copperhead

Reaction score
There does seem to be some connection through their domain servers. Beyond that I am not sure how they are connected. Why what did you just buy?.
Renewed my bbonline listing but it was thru a phone call. When I looked at the caller id it said 'carsdirect.com' altho a very similar phone number to bbonline. I called but no one answered so I emailed.
The 1st year after Randy sold, my renewal went though my bank as Cars Direct...I had to call them as I thought I had been taken. Seems like they could do a better job in marketing their own business! If htey had purchased such a good site, I wonder if they would know how to market it? IMMHO