Check in time

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My confirmation says "if you would like to check in early please let us know in advance and we will do our best to accommodate you. If you arrive early without prior notification we may be out". That means when we get home from the shops and people are sitting in their car waiting for us there's no excuse.
Our new guest management system sends a re-confirmation 7 days prior to arrival for people who book more than 60 days in advance, the re-confirmation contains the same check-in text and this does seem to be making a difference.
One German gentleman got really stroppy becuase they'd been at the house for an hour waiting. I printed off a copy of his confirmation email, drew a big red circle around the appropriate paragraph and left it in his room, never mentioned it again..
Highlands John said:
Our new guest management system sends a re-confirmation 7 days prior to arrival for people who book more than 60 days in advance, the re-confirmation contains the same check-in text and this does seem to be making a difference.
Looks like I spoke too soon on this point. Guests arrived at 9.40 this morning all smiles and ready to check in!!!! Told them that the people who had their room last night hadn't even checked out yet and they should come back after 2pm. It just beggars belief, what goes through these peoples heads (if anything).
That is a record for us, previous record was 10:10.
Oh, that's easy to beat. 7AM in the morning and expecting to see the room immediately.
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Oh, that's easy to beat. 7AM in the morning and expecting to see the room immediately.
Good grief, did you tell them they could see the room as long as they didn't wake the previous occupants.
Highlands John said:
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Good grief, did you tell them they could see the room as long as they didn't wake the previous current occupants.
Fixed that for you
regular_smile.gif

My confirmation says "if you would like to check in early please let us know in advance and we will do our best to accommodate you. If you arrive early without prior notification we may be out". That means when we get home from the shops and people are sitting in their car waiting for us there's no excuse.
One German gentleman got really stroppy becuase they'd been at the house for an hour waiting. I printed off a copy of his confirmation email, drew a big red circle around the appropriate paragraph and left it in his room, never mentioned it again..
Highlands John said:
Looks like I spoke too soon on this point. Guests arrived at 9.40 this morning all smiles and ready to check in!!!! Told them that the people who had their room last night hadn't even checked out yet and they should come back after 2pm. It just beggars belief, what goes through these peoples heads (if anything).
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Good grief, did you tell them they could see the room as long as they didn't wake the previous occupants.
We told them to come back after 1PM. To make a long story short, we knew they were PITAs to start with. The reservation was for one and two people showed up. They ended up paying us, but not staying here. Much to our glee. We sold the room again about an hour later, so we got paid twice.

Highlands John said:
Eric Arthur Blair said:
We told them to come back after 1PM. To make a long story short, we knew they were PITAs to start with. The reservation was for one and two people showed up. They ended up paying us, but not staying here. Much to our glee. We sold the room again about an hour later, so we got paid twice.
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Ha-Ha. Result. When our two came back she started moaning cos they don't have a room with a view. I told them that's the room they booked and all the others are booked. Much more and they'll be out on their ears and I'd like to see them get somewhere else this weekend. Double bank holiday weekend for the Jubilee!!!

Highlands John said:
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Ha-Ha. Result. When our two came back she started moaning cos they don't have a room with a view. I told them that's the room they booked and all the others are booked. Much more and they'll be out on their ears and I'd like to see them get somewhere else this weekend. Double bank holiday weekend for the Jubilee!!!
Im in the same boat! trouble is something has gone wrong with the bed in the room above ours and if you sit on it in the wrong place it makes a sort of HE HAW noise like a donkey! I can here it in our bedroom trouble is because of the double bank holiday and because it is a zip and link bed and needs a special base I can't get a new one till thursday at the earliest! and they are in for 2 nights! no one has complained as yet so fingers crossed till wednesday morning!

Back