Do you provide a Bouquet of Flowers or Roses as an add on?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$25 for fresh flowers, $35 for two dozen red roses. Slightly discounted in packages. Tax is extra. Flowers are all Rainforest Alliance certified. About $10 markup only. But if the guests leave them, we have a nice centrepiece and vase is not included in the deal.

I am asking as I hadn't had many takers on the add ons this year, more for the cheese fruit crackers package itself. I am rethinking my flowers only price and maybe it is too low, maybe I need to raise it. The dude emailed last night for today's check in said if I can't get them, then to have a vase available for him and he will buy some. This pretty much tanned my hide and made me think about this "rush" and extra charge for next day delivery, thing, and maybe I need to charge more for flowers alone..
We do a dozen red roses in a vase. We buy them for $45 and Charge $69 for them. This is not a money maker for anyone. This is simply a reason for guest to maybe pick you over another property. If im a guests and want to have flowers waiting for my wife when we arrive at your B and B, its easier for me to click that add on while making a reservation with you. I don't want to have to try and figure out where to buy flowers and mess with the process of ordering them and making sure they arrive before we do. But like I said, its not a money maker. Its on the low end of profit of the pkgs we offer.
Bob said:
This is simply a reason for guest to maybe pick you over another property... its easier for me to click that add on while making a reservation with you. I don't want to have to try and figure out where to buy flowers and mess with the process of ordering them and making sure they arrive before we do.
Great point. In my case I'll probably give the florist a keypad code so she can put flowers in the suite on the appointed day, before checkin time, and I won't have to do a thing. So no real need to charge more than a token service fee. Just offering the service has value to the business without need for it to be a direct profit source.

$25 for fresh flowers, $35 for two dozen red roses. Slightly discounted in packages. Tax is extra. Flowers are all Rainforest Alliance certified. About $10 markup only. But if the guests leave them, we have a nice centrepiece and vase is not included in the deal..
I have a bunch of leftover vases from guests who didn't take the flowers. And, yes, when the flowers are left behind I put them out for everyone to enjoy! A lot of the vases that were mine went away with the flowers so I no longer put out my favorite vases with the flowers.

I am asking as I hadn't had many takers on the add ons this year, more for the cheese fruit crackers package itself. I am rethinking my flowers only price and maybe it is too low, maybe I need to raise it. The dude emailed last night for today's check in said if I can't get them, then to have a vase available for him and he will buy some. This pretty much tanned my hide and made me think about this "rush" and extra charge for next day delivery, thing, and maybe I need to charge more for flowers alone..
We do a dozen red roses in a vase. We buy them for $45 and Charge $69 for them. This is not a money maker for anyone. This is simply a reason for guest to maybe pick you over another property. If im a guests and want to have flowers waiting for my wife when we arrive at your B and B, its easier for me to click that add on while making a reservation with you. I don't want to have to try and figure out where to buy flowers and mess with the process of ordering them and making sure they arrive before we do. But like I said, its not a money maker. Its on the low end of profit of the pkgs we offer.
Bob said:
This is simply a reason for guest to maybe pick you over another property... its easier for me to click that add on while making a reservation with you. I don't want to have to try and figure out where to buy flowers and mess with the process of ordering them and making sure they arrive before we do.
Great point. In my case I'll probably give the florist a keypad code so she can put flowers in the suite on the appointed day, before checkin time, and I won't have to do a thing. So no real need to charge more than a token service fee. Just offering the service has value to the business without need for it to be a direct profit source.
Arkansawyer said:
Bob said:
Remember one thing Arks, they florist delivers them fresh from the fridge, then they sweat. If I get them from the florist (when a guest orders them) I have to leave them in the kitchen for 30 minutes to let them get back to room temp, or they will destroy finishes on tables, etc.
Who knew we had to even think about THIS, aye. We do.

$30 for a small, seasonal bouquet. I don't do roses. It costs me $25 to get the flowers at the florist. The grocery store flowers are half dead unless you have time to pick them out one at a time..
Plain, glass and clunky... and they don't disappear. Never anything fancy or crystal. Sometimes it shocks me the things that people will do or take...

$30 for a small, seasonal bouquet. I don't do roses. It costs me $25 to get the flowers at the florist. The grocery store flowers are half dead unless you have time to pick them out one at a time..
Plain, glass and clunky... and they don't disappear. Never anything fancy or crystal. Sometimes it shocks me the things that people will do or take...
Same here but I have a few that are a cobalt blue that I really like. Those are for 'inn' flowers or my flowers. I think my red one is gone and the green one, too. The clear ones rarely go!

$25 for fresh flowers, $35 for two dozen red roses. Slightly discounted in packages. Tax is extra. Flowers are all Rainforest Alliance certified. About $10 markup only. But if the guests leave them, we have a nice centrepiece and vase is not included in the deal..
I have a bunch of leftover vases from guests who didn't take the flowers. And, yes, when the flowers are left behind I put them out for everyone to enjoy! A lot of the vases that were mine went away with the flowers so I no longer put out my favorite vases with the flowers.
A lot of the vases that were mine went away with the flowers so I no longer put out my favorite vases with the flowers.
That is why I said yard sales/garage sales. We have them here every weekend and in August we have a Citywide Yard sale that is awesome. Tons of budvases and other kinds of vases - CHEAP!!

A lot of the vases that were mine went away with the flowers so I no longer put out my favorite vases with the flowers.
That is why I said yard sales/garage sales. We have them here every weekend and in August we have a Citywide Yard sale that is awesome. Tons of budvases and other kinds of vases - CHEAP!!
gillumhouse said:
I buy mine by the case.
Flowers_guests.jpg

Bob said:
Arkansawyer said:
Bob said:
Remember one thing Arks, they florist delivers them fresh from the fridge, then they sweat. If I get them from the florist (when a guest orders them) I have to leave them in the kitchen for 30 minutes to let them get back to room temp, or they will destroy finishes on tables, etc.
Joey Bloggs said:
Arkansawyer said:
Bob said:
Place a doily under it!
devil_smile.gif
HaHa!

gillumhouse said:
I buy mine by the case.
Flowers_guests.jpg

I use those, too, especially for the garden flowers. I have a really nice green one that I like to use.

gillumhouse said:
I buy mine by the case.
Flowers_guests.jpg

Too short for my flowers, they would topple over or I would need to cut them really short. (Besides all my canning jars are widemouth)
I just went through two dozen roses culling them down, feeding them water and removing the old petals around the outside to see if I can make them last a few days longer for the guests. But I had to reuse the vase. I have two types, one that is wider and one that is tigher, for when there are less flowers. But they all have to be at about 30 cm tall to hold the flowers.

Back