Extreme diets

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For this, no matter what you serve it will be something different for this 1 guest. Here are a couple ideas that I find easy enough to fix for one. I know Gomez has limited space in which something special no matter how simple is not that easy to do.
Tofu, green pepper, onion scramble topped with fresh tomatoes. Grits.
Yellow squash, zucchini and onion stir fry..
It's a full weekend. 16+ guests. 12+ guests going to this same graduation need to be fed and out the door by 8:30 to get to the school.
3-4 other guests here for a race. Also need to be fed and out the door at the same time.
It's oatmeal because everyone else is having quiche. It has to be something that gets plated and served within 2-3 minutes. So no extra cooking can take place when all the counter space is covered with plates and the stove top has the quiches and the sausages.
I can make gf corn bread.
I should really stop posting my problem breakfasts because I feel like such a loser and horrible host when I just can't make these different meals. ;-)
And that is why I stock frozen GF Vegan toaster waffles. Pop in toaster, add a little fruit and out it goes. It's simple and doesn't take up space in my itzy bitzy kitchen.
Jon Sable said:
And that is why I stock frozen GF Vegan toaster waffles. Pop in toaster, add a little fruit and out it goes. It's simple and doesn't take up space in my itzy bitzy kitchen.
I just discovered these this week for a gluten free, dairy free, no beef guest... I did three days of various eggs and potatoes, but then I finally got to the store and tried these on the fourth day, when I also had another guest who was dairy free. Waffles for everyone! I tried one and it was surprisingly good. So next time I'm shopping I'm buying another package and storing it in the deep freezer.
=)
Kk.
YellowSocks said:
Jon Sable said:
I just discovered these this week for a gluten free, dairy free, no beef guest... I did three days of various eggs and potatoes, but then I finally got to the store and tried these on the fourth day, when I also had another guest who was dairy free. Waffles for everyone! I tried one and it was surprisingly good. So next time I'm shopping I'm buying another package and storing it in the deep freezer.
=)
Kk.
Thank you for this.
We had a call yesterday of a sister in law who wanted to order a cheese and fruit plate for her rel's here Sat for an anniversary who are VEGAN.
Both of them are Vegan, not Vegetarian. Bless her heart...
Either that's how irresistible your picture of the platter is or that's one snarky sil.

For this, no matter what you serve it will be something different for this 1 guest. Here are a couple ideas that I find easy enough to fix for one. I know Gomez has limited space in which something special no matter how simple is not that easy to do.
It's a full weekend. 16+ guests. 12+ guests going to this same graduation need to be fed and out the door by 8:30 to get to the school.
3-4 other guests here for a race. Also need to be fed and out the door at the same time.
It's oatmeal because everyone else is having quiche. It has to be something that gets plated and served within 2-3 minutes. So no extra cooking can take place when all the counter space is covered with plates and the stove top has the quiches and the sausages.
I should really stop posting my problem breakfasts because I feel like such a loser and horrible host when I just can't make these different meals. ;-)
Jon Sable said:
=)
Kk.
YellowSocks said:
Jon Sable said:
=)
Kk.
Thank you for this.
We had a call yesterday of a sister in law who wanted to order a cheese and fruit plate for her rel's here Sat for an anniversary who are VEGAN.
Either that's how irresistible your picture of the platter is or that's one snarky sil.
Morticia said:
Oddly enough I took it off the website, and so had to resurrect to get the price, she just called back and said they aren't vegan, at all. they eat cheese, they eat dairy.
Gee thanks a lot! a big diff, as we know, discussing here. So there ya have it! She told me their parents booked it for them as an anniv gift so wrote that.

Second toaster for gf? No room.
Morticia said:
On BedPosts they recently mentioned toaster bags. These apparently protect from cross-contamination and still toast the bread

Jon Sable said:
=)
Kk.
YellowSocks said:
Jon Sable said:
=)
Kk.
Thank you for this.
Morticia said:
Oddly enough I took it off the website, and so had to resurrect to get the price, she just called back and said they aren't vegan, at all. they eat cheese, they eat dairy.
Gee thanks a lot! a big diff, as we know, discussing here. So there ya have it! She told me their parents booked it for them as an anniv gift so wrote that.
Not vegan. Don't know what it means or just picking and choosing. Check their shoes when they arrive.
I don't think vegan comes in different levels of engagement. Yes/No. On/Off.

Morticia said:
On BedPosts they recently mentioned toaster bags. These apparently protect from cross-contamination and still toast the bread
gillumhouse said:
Morticia said:
Made from asbestos?

Morticia said:
gillumhouse said:
Morticia said:
Made from asbestos?
I don't know but several have used them and say they work. THE INNMATE was told about it by a guest who was GF and worried about cross-contam so she brought some with.
Did a goo and found this http://www.amazon.com/S-2-Toast-It-Bags/dp/B0012XGM92

I regularly do potatoes so I don't have to worry about the "Oh, I forgot to tell you that I am fruten glee" while they are pouring coffee.
But we have worked out a GF waffle (corn, oat, rice - no store bought gf flour which has off flavor garbanzo and gum) which is better than our standard and we are going to serve it exclusively. More flavor, cake like texture.
As for vegan gf ... for one individual, steamed jasmine rice topped with sliced strawberries and a dash of maple syrup. I can do 1 bowl of rice in microwave in 10 minutes. I have been cooking oat berries, too, but they take close to an hour and are not as ... crisp.

I regularly do potatoes so I don't have to worry about the "Oh, I forgot to tell you that I am fruten glee" while they are pouring coffee.
But we have worked out a GF waffle (corn, oat, rice - no store bought gf flour which has off flavor garbanzo and gum) which is better than our standard and we are going to serve it exclusively. More flavor, cake like texture.
As for vegan gf ... for one individual, steamed jasmine rice topped with sliced strawberries and a dash of maple syrup. I can do 1 bowl of rice in microwave in 10 minutes. I have been cooking oat berries, too, but they take close to an hour and are not as ... crisp..
Tom said:
As for vegan gf ... for one individual, steamed jasmine rice topped with sliced strawberries and a dash of maple syrup. I can do 1 bowl of rice in microwave in 10 minutes. I have been cooking oat berries, too, but they take close to an hour and are not as ... crisp.
Like a vegan rice pudding! Thanks for sharing, sounds like real food, which is what i like to cook and serve. I have all of those ingred's in my pantry 24/7 too.

I keep King Arthur gluten free baking mix. We have used it with muffins, coffee cake, bisquits, and waffles. Guests rave about it. One tried to get me to market them, to Eli Zabar of Zabar breads who runs the Farmers market across the street. Lol.

Back