Fake Review

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had 2 bogus reviews, we only have 8 rooms so it is easy for us to check whether we have had guests staying with us, ( we are also an activity centre so do not have to rely on our hotel guests for income) these people have actually stated that they have stayed with us so not just knocked on our door, one of them is a competitor (2 Gay guys that own a local establishment) as they told someone else what they had done who then told us.
The other one was from a guest that attempted to blackmail us using TA as a weapon, we got everything on CCTV, contacted TA who asked to see the evidence, we sent them a copy but they are still refusing to remove the review, we are now suing TA and the reviewer.
We have a 90%+ excellent feedback rating from TA and are the No 1 rated hotel in our area, however I would totally disassociate my hotel from TA if I could, they have so much bad press now because they do nothing to stop fake reviews, there is a huge group of Guest houses, B%Bs and hotels in the States that have got together and have been posting fake reviews for a hotel that has been closed for 2 years and actually no longer exists, so far there have been almost 500 great reviews that TA have posted for this hotel, all of the reviews are fake and the reviewers have only ever posted 1 review and that is for the fake hotel. The whole idea is to prove to TA how easy it is to fake a review which it obviously is!
The group have media contacts who are also keeping tags on things, hopefully a TV program is looming.
Don't get me wrong the original idea of TA is great but many fatal flaws have ruined the concept.
1. TA do nothing to check a review or the reviewer..
2. TA do not allow the hotel the same rights as a guest, the management response is a joke.
3. The reviews should not be anonymous.
4. It should be easier to be able to contact TA.
5. Now TA have started recommending hotels that pay for their advertising through TA, it smacks of favouritism and bias which lets face it TA should never have got involved in.
6. TA do not listen to the smaller establishments.
TA is owned by expedia, I am totally sure that TA will be kinder to Expedia hotels and establisments, how can this be fair?
Reading some of the other comments regarding TA it is obvious to me that there are a couple of TA workers that have infiltrated this site as 1 or 2 of them are being a bit to over zealous with the defending of what is obviously (to me anyway) a company that has only one agenda and that is to destroy the smaller hotel, B&B and guest house!.
obvious to me that there are a couple of TA workers that have infiltrated this site as 1 or 2 of them are being a bit to over zealous
I am biting my tongue because I promised someone I would be good.

I have had 2 bogus reviews, we only have 8 rooms so it is easy for us to check whether we have had guests staying with us, ( we are also an activity centre so do not have to rely on our hotel guests for income) these people have actually stated that they have stayed with us so not just knocked on our door, one of them is a competitor (2 Gay guys that own a local establishment) as they told someone else what they had done who then told us.
The other one was from a guest that attempted to blackmail us using TA as a weapon, we got everything on CCTV, contacted TA who asked to see the evidence, we sent them a copy but they are still refusing to remove the review, we are now suing TA and the reviewer.
We have a 90%+ excellent feedback rating from TA and are the No 1 rated hotel in our area, however I would totally disassociate my hotel from TA if I could, they have so much bad press now because they do nothing to stop fake reviews, there is a huge group of Guest houses, B%Bs and hotels in the States that have got together and have been posting fake reviews for a hotel that has been closed for 2 years and actually no longer exists, so far there have been almost 500 great reviews that TA have posted for this hotel, all of the reviews are fake and the reviewers have only ever posted 1 review and that is for the fake hotel. The whole idea is to prove to TA how easy it is to fake a review which it obviously is!
The group have media contacts who are also keeping tags on things, hopefully a TV program is looming.
Don't get me wrong the original idea of TA is great but many fatal flaws have ruined the concept.
2. TA do not allow the hotel the same rights as a guest, the management response is a joke.
5. Now TA have started recommending hotels that pay for their advertising through TA, it smacks of favouritism and bias which lets face it TA should never have got involved in.
TA is owned by expedia, I am totally sure that TA will be kinder to Expedia hotels and establisments, how can this be fair?
Reading some of the other comments regarding TA it is obvious to me that there are a couple of TA workers that have infiltrated this site as 1 or 2 of them are being a bit to over zealous with the defending of what is obviously (to me anyway) a company that has only one agenda and that is to destroy the smaller hotel, B&B and guest house!.
wozzell said:
Reading some of the other comments regarding TA it is obvious to me that there are a couple of TA workers that have infiltrated this site as 1 or 2 of them are being a bit to over zealous with the defending of what is obviously (to me anyway) a company that has only one agenda and that is to destroy the smaller hotel, B&B and guest house!
You posted on this forum anonymously.
Anyone is welcome to view or join this site as long as they do not slander others in any way. All the feedback is valuable, some we take with a grain of salt if we need to.
Sorry
embaressed_smile.gif

wozzell said:
Reading some of the other comments regarding TA it is obvious to me that there are a couple of TA workers that have infiltrated this site as 1 or 2 of them are being a bit to over zealous with the defending of what is obviously (to me anyway) a company that has only one agenda and that is to destroy the smaller hotel, B&B and guest house!
Anyone is welcome to view or join this site as long as they do not slander others in any way. All the feedback is valuable, some we take with a grain of salt if we need to.
Joey Bloggs said:
All the feedback is valuable, some we take with a grain of salt if we need to.
I think the same can be said regarding TripAdvisor reviews. I think that, on average, B&B's get a more intelligent clientèle than a regular hotel. I think when smart people look at a B&B's reviews on TA and see 10 glowing reviews and one bad one, most of these intelligent folks will know what's going on.
I know I do. When I see a picky review on TA, and all the other reviews are great, I know it's just a grouch who probably will find something to complain about in every place he stays. I ignore reviews like that. Now, if I see several bad reviews from different people, that starts to mean something to me.
One or two bad TA reviews doesn't help, but it probably doesn't hurt as much as the innkeeper fears. People generally read several reviews and form an impression based on the overall, not an individual, review...I hope.
regular_smile.gif

wozzell said:
Sorry
embaressed_smile.gif

OK, now come back with opinions on issues and forget the 1000 lb gorilla. IMNVHO way too much time is wasted worrying about something we cannot control. So come chat with us about things that DO count.

Latest posts

Back