Quantcast

Finding Help

INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources

Help Support INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources:

Breakfast Diva

Reaction score
I'm so frustrated...this is morning #2 that my new help is not here. Oh yeah, this was supposed to be her second day of work. It is impossible in my area to find someone to hire. Go figure, my state has the 3rd highest unemployment rate in the nation and I can't find someone who can pass a background check and drug test who will also show up. Months ago I went to the temp agency in local town to find me some help for the summer...nope, nobody qualified! By the way, I pay well, especially for this area which is used to minimum wage; $10 hr for training, $14 an hour after training when I can actually leave them alone with the inn for a day.
Thank goodness we decided in the beginning to buy a B&B where it wasn't necessary to hire staff, we could do it ourselves. Living in a small area has it's rewards, but it also has it's drawbacks.

Don Draper

Reaction score
That stinks...had you already put time into training this person and they still didn't show?

seashanty

Staff member
Reaction score
i hear you!
dealt with the same problem when i ran the b&b up in maine.
wish i was near a place that would hire me for those wages. i WOULD show up!

gillumhouse

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i hear you!
dealt with the same problem when i ran the b&b up in maine.
wish i was near a place that would hire me for those wages. i WOULD show up!.
I wish I was big enough to be able to hire you!

seashanty

Staff member
Reaction score
kathleen, you're very sweet - i don't know if i could keep up with you!

draagonfly

Reaction score
Where are you located? I'm currently unemployed and I live in the San Diego area. Just wondering if perhaps this is something we could help each other out with. :)

Breakfast Diva

Reaction score
Where are you located? I'm currently unemployed and I live in the San Diego area. Just wondering if perhaps this is something we could help each other out with. :).
I wish! Thanks for the offer, but I'm up in the Pacific Northwest.

birdwatcher

Reaction score
Oh breakfast Diva, if I lived close I would definantely take the job and I WOULD SHOW UP!

Breakfast Diva

Reaction score
Oh breakfast Diva, if I lived close I would definantely take the job and I WOULD SHOW UP!
Boy, I could have used you today! Had to turn the whole house over and fend off those who wanted to check in early.
Thanks for your support!

draagonfly

Reaction score
Boy, I could have used you today! Had to turn the whole house over and fend off those who wanted to check in early.
Thanks for your support!
Awww that's a shame you're so far away. :( I would've loved to help too! Good luck with finding a new helper!