Flat panel TV's?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone here have a Sony? I want to treat myself to a 52" Sony but I am really confused on all the models..
I have a Sony - and found all the models a bit confusing myself when we purchased our newest one.
Basically, besides the longer screen versus the standard more square screen, the models allow (or don't) for plug-ins and the such.
So, do you want your guests to be able to play video games on them?
If you don't, skip the model with the easy-access plug-in area. If it's there, you'll have someone running out to their car to get their game player - and there goes the weekend.
IMHO, Sony picture quality is the best, whichever model you get. A bit more pricy - but it's not something you replace every year.
On the other hand, I've seen inns use the Vizio brand that's available at Costco - and for a low price, gave their rooms an elegant feel.

I had to replace a guestroom TV on a holiday, and so took a late night run 30 miles to Walmart. Dithered around in the TV department for about 15 mnutes before deciding on a Philips. For the money, it had the best picture (as viewed from all angles) as compared to about six or seven brands in the same size.

Does anyone here have a Sony? I want to treat myself to a 52" Sony but I am really confused on all the models..
I have a Sony - and found all the models a bit confusing myself when we purchased our newest one.
Basically, besides the longer screen versus the standard more square screen, the models allow (or don't) for plug-ins and the such.
So, do you want your guests to be able to play video games on them?
If you don't, skip the model with the easy-access plug-in area. If it's there, you'll have someone running out to their car to get their game player - and there goes the weekend.
IMHO, Sony picture quality is the best, whichever model you get. A bit more pricy - but it's not something you replace every year.
On the other hand, I've seen inns use the Vizio brand that's available at Costco - and for a low price, gave their rooms an elegant feel.
Yeah, I definitely do not want anyone even touching the TV, much less hooking things up to it! And I do NOT want video games. All that yelling that goes on and the incessant ding ding ding or exploding armament, depending on the game...no thanks.

Back