Friends and Family

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have a friends and family discount for extended family. Immediate family- no charge. My mother came and stayed 3 weeks in the fall and 2 weeks this spring... she gets a guest room just over our innkeepers quarters so I can heaer her thump the floor if she needs us.... because she needs assistance on the steps, we just fixed her a tray and served her in her room.. much easier. We totally spoil her... first a tray with a carafe of her coffee (fixed the way she likes it) newspaper, glass with ice and then 45 minutes to 1 hr later with her 6 prunes, and what ever else she wanted (can you tell that I have this routine memorized? but after 2 and 3 weeks the routine becomes automatic!) We like to treat our family in the dining room with the other guests. It's just too much bedlam to have in the area while we are prepping the food.

Because we live far from ALL of our family, we planned in advance for this delemia (sp?). We have a family guest room just off the kitchen. Bath across the hall that has a lovered door to the kitchen.
We have 'rented' this room only when someone rents all rooms and needs 1 more room than what we usually rent. We will include it (added cost) to close the deal. Otherwise we are always ready for family.
Friends, if they are really friends, will be willing to pay to stay and we will give a nice discount. We do not offer our family room.

Back