Quantcast

Ghosts of Christmas Past: Bed, breakfast and beyond

INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources

Help Support INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources:

Don Draper

Reaction score
There's an EXCELLENT pizza shop right down the road from this place...

Why is this even a "story"?

gillumhouse

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's an EXCELLENT pizza shop right down the road from this place...

Why is this even a "story"?.
Because it was a slow news day and they managed to get publicity.

JBloggs

Reaction score
i have no idea why it is a news story. It said one thing worthy of posting, I can't recall what is was now. The stats perhaps?

Don Draper

Reaction score
i have no idea why it is a news story. It said one thing worthy of posting, I can't recall what is was now. The stats perhaps?.
Just curious, not about why you posted it...but having lived in that area I'm surprised it was in the paper. It sounds like it was written by one of the innkeepers.

gillumhouse

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have no idea why it is a news story. It said one thing worthy of posting, I can't recall what is was now. The stats perhaps?.
Just curious, not about why you posted it...but having lived in that area I'm surprised it was in the paper. It sounds like it was written by one of the innkeepers.
Haven't you ever written an article and submitted it to your local paper? Of course, being in a small town helps. I did one about a visit that reviewed my inn, about some sisters who told me one of them was the model for the dust jacket on a book in my "to be stolen" (it is now autographed and downstairs) who were on their way to manage & support thier Father's Higgins boat WWII reunion, and several other things that have happened here. All were printed.

bbinnsitters

Reaction score
There ya go - marketing gimmick - write a book and have "meet the author and get your book signed" weekends! You'd also be selling books!

JBloggs

Reaction score
Sheesh gimmick. It's called marketing. LOL