Having a Ball!!

INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources

Help Support INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources:

Sunshine

Reaction score
ok you all know I'm an optimist!!
Yes, I do want to celebrate our 5 year anniversary! We are the first one in town to make it to 5 years and still be the same owners and still be open!
So... I'm going to throw a Grand Victorian Ball! My hubbie is even willing to take ball room dance lessons (he has always refused to do any kind of dancing... didn't know how).
I'm planning a full, Victorian dressed ball, ball gowns, tails, gloves, the whole nine yards! An orchestra, and even horse and carriage to transport people too!! Even getting an announcer to greet and announce each persons arrival!
After we discussed it, we are thinking we will invite the 'tourism' office to get involved so we can make it bigger, and have a larger facility to do it in. I already have half of it planned out! Getting together with tourism thursday to talk about it. They will help with the advertising too.
I am very excited!

Kay Nein

Reaction score
Oh, Boy! That sounds like fun! I've always wanted to dress up on Halloween in a Victorian Ball Gown. Can't wait to see pics!

gillumhouse

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And well you should! How exciting! Have you thought of turning it into a fundraiser for a local charity as you celebrate?
Another thought - could you arrange ballroom dancing lessons at you inn?

EmptyNest

Reaction score
And well you should! How exciting! Have you thought of turning it into a fundraiser for a local charity as you celebrate?
Another thought - could you arrange ballroom dancing lessons at you inn?.
If you are going to go to all that....I think doing it as a fundraiser would even be a better idea. Good one Kathleen.

Sunshine

Reaction score
Another thought - could you arrange ballroom dancing lessons at you inn?.
gillumhouse said:
Another thought - could you arrange ballroom dancing lessons at you inn?
We were thinking of doing it as a fundraiser (perhaps for the Historic preservation group here in town)....
But I hadn't thought of offering ballroom dancing lessons here! LOVE that idea too. We def could do that!!!

seashanty

Staff member
Reaction score
even if you say 'a portion of the proceeds will go to a charity' you can get some great double exposure.
great

birdwatcher

Reaction score
that is an awsome idea-how fun and a fundraiser will make it toasty for people to come. Good luck!

Sunshine

Reaction score
even if you say 'a portion of the proceeds will go to a charity' you can get some great double exposure.
great.
seashanty said:
great
yes, that is what I did for the Sugar Plum Tea and it was sold out!

Madeleine

Reaction score
You are crazy but it seems to be working for you! Go for it!

Innkeep

Reaction score
You are crazy but it seems to be working for you! Go for it!.
Madeleine said:
You are crazy but it seems to be working for you! Go for it!
LOL!!! I needed that laugh!!!
Actually I love doing this type of thing! It energizes me!
Ditto what Maddie says. I envy your energy and enthusiasm. I passed year 5 in November the special thing I did was to post it on FB!