Hello! New Innkeepeers here!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

Jay Curci

Reaction score
Yeah, you know Gomez, everything takes longer for him. It’s an hour just to go to the store everyday. Then an hour to cut up the fruit. An hour and a half to serve. An hour to clean up.
Slow and Steady wins the race - That's Margie's motto

KenW

Reaction score
Welcome! World of info here. 1. We thought my wife and I could do it all..nope. 2. keep it simple as possible. 3.you can't be everything to everyone so find your niche.4.if it's breaking replace it and buy a second for back up.5. Youtube is one of your best friends and Good Luck!

MoosewoodInn

Reaction score
Welcome! World of info here. 1. We thought my wife and I could do it all..nope. 2. keep it simple as possible. 3.you can't be everything to everyone so find your niche.4.if it's breaking replace it and buy a second for back up.5. Youtube is one of your best friends and Good Luck!
I’m learning the “buy a second for back up” quickly! I won’t feel comfortable until I’m basically a hoarder, lol! Thanks for the advice!

Jay Curci

Reaction score
Nice Forum. Everyone is very interested in the industry and willing to help others. Have fun with it. A little support goes a long way.

GoodScout

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m learning the “buy a second for back up” quickly!
And there is the first official piece of advice you've shared with others! Welcome to the group.

We have a backup of mostly everything that a guest can destroy or lose, from soap dispensers to towels to keys to coffee makers.

Jay Curci

Reaction score
That's good planning! We do the same thing for All supplies - food - low on eggs and ham - put it on the list - napkins running low - list it!
Pledge - last bottle - list it! We have very little problems with STOCK as long as we are religiously placing items on the list immediately when noticed. Skip the procedure = forget the item. KISS it. Keep It Simple Stupid. Sound to easy but IT WORKS!!!

Anon Inn

Supporting Member
Reaction score
4 units by myself, 2 stand-alones, 2 inn rooms with breakfast included. Other meals by request. Food service is a huge time drain, so if not needed, or you don't enjoy it - avoid. I'm in the middle of almost nowhere, so food service is a nice alternative for guests. I do like doing it. Maybe not so much at the end of August! This forum saved us from numerous mistakes and is a huge factor in our success. I discovered it many years ago while an aspiring. It was great to soak up a lot of wisdom and humor while taking breaks from a job I was not so fond of. Hours now are actually longer in high season, but I'm not nearly ready to hang it up yet! Hugs and best wishes.

Last edited: