housekeeper responsibilities?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does she have the skills to be trained to answer the phones or do other "front desk" type duties? Maybe she could help you in more ways than just cleaning...maybe she could double as an Innsitter so you can get out once in a while...or maybe could shop for you, if the liability is not too huge..
Little Blue said:
Does she have the skills to be trained to answer the phones or do other "front desk" type duties? Maybe she could help you in more ways than just cleaning...maybe she could double as an Innsitter so you can get out once in a while...or maybe could shop for you, if the liability is not too huge.
haven't been on in awhile we've been failry busy. she would be able to do the front desk work but if she has no work in the housekeeping area then she wouldn't have phones to answer either as i could do that! while she is here in the house is when it is time to run out to do errands. she has not been answering phones or the doorbell as she would not be able to get to the reservation book as my office must be locked to protect guest info when i am out. other guests should not have access to that area and she could not watch everything if she is cleaning. which she's been doing very well. we had our inspection yesterday and she was praised for her work. as much as everyone doesn't like tripadvisor, she has also been getting kudos on there for the housekeeping. if the guests are also leaving tips as well as praise then it is good all around.

Back