How many beds?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New article from iloveinns has a comment from an innkeeper who put recently 2 queen beds in each room and now has occ of 68% year round. She credits the second bed with securing her the additional bookings.
I don't see that play out around here. Actually, what I find in too many cases is that a man will not book a room with 2 beds. At all.
It all depends on who the market is. The innkeeper in the article is targeting baby boomers who are dealing with pain issues, snoring, older parents all traveling together..
Morticia said:
New article from iloveinns has a comment from an innkeeper who put recently 2 queen beds in each room and now has occ of 68% year round. She credits the second bed with securing her the additional bookings.
I don't see that play out around here. Actually, what I find in too many cases is that a man will not book a room with 2 beds. At all.
It all depends on who the market is. The innkeeper in the article is targeting baby boomers who are dealing with pain issues, snoring, older parents all traveling together.
She must have HUGE rooms! I have big rooms and would never do that. We would end up with four adults in each room and all the damage from four suitcases, four carry ons, and the one bathroom would be really worked over. Not for me. What sells here is the whirlpool tub. So much so that we are going to put one in the other room as it does not book so often because of this.
Riki
YOu are smart to put in whirlpool tub. When you do your others rooms, make sure you do the same. These are usually the ones that book first...at least with your "niche" group.
catlady said:
YOu are smart to put in whirlpool tub. When you do your others rooms, make sure you do the same. These are usually the ones that book first...at least with your "niche" group.
Hoo boy you better believe it! The only reason we had not done it yet on the second suite, is when we build the other wing, that suite is going to become part of a real suite, attaching as the sitting room to the bedroom, and the rest of it is going to be separated out to be my office so I can get my office out of our apartment. But Chris says it will be easy to move when we are ready to finish the other side, so we will put one in after taxes are paid
The other wing will have our other four rooms and you KNOW they will all have the whirlpool tubs. Nobody asks for steam showers, so I don't know what I'm going to do in that respect, but Chris is also going to put in electric fireplaces. That's what they want - tubs and fireplaces, and tvs. (for watching movies in bed mostly)
When are you and Al getting down this way! We have room for you!
Riki
I have seen a popular configuration is a suite with 2 bedrooms each with their own bath with a shared sitting room in between. And no connecting walls bedroom to bedroom.
The steam showers are popular here for all the guys that run our riverwalk. I think they're very popular anywhere that you have a lot of outdoor pursuits nearby (skiing, kayaking or canoeing, etc.). Great for sore muscles!

It all depends on who the market is. The innkeeper in the article is targeting baby boomers who are dealing with pain issues, snoring, older parents all traveling together..
Morticia said:
It all depends on who the market is. The innkeeper in the article is targeting baby boomers who are dealing with pain issues, snoring, older parents all traveling together.
She must have HUGE rooms! I have big rooms and would never do that. We would end up with four adults in each room and all the damage from four suitcases, four carry ons, and the one bathroom would be really worked over. Not for me. What sells here is the whirlpool tub. So much so that we are going to put one in the other room as it does not book so often because of this.
Riki
catlady said:
Hoo boy you better believe it! The only reason we had not done it yet on the second suite, is when we build the other wing, that suite is going to become part of a real suite, attaching as the sitting room to the bedroom, and the rest of it is going to be separated out to be my office so I can get my office out of our apartment. But Chris says it will be easy to move when we are ready to finish the other side, so we will put one in after taxes are paid
The other wing will have our other four rooms and you KNOW they will all have the whirlpool tubs. Nobody asks for steam showers, so I don't know what I'm going to do in that respect, but Chris is also going to put in electric fireplaces. That's what they want - tubs and fireplaces, and tvs. (for watching movies in bed mostly)
When are you and Al getting down this way! We have room for you!
Riki
I have seen a popular configuration is a suite with 2 bedrooms each with their own bath with a shared sitting room in between. And no connecting walls bedroom to bedroom.
The steam showers are popular here for all the guys that run our riverwalk. I think they're very popular anywhere that you have a lot of outdoor pursuits nearby (skiing, kayaking or canoeing, etc.). Great for sore muscles!

Back