I did it and I'd do it again...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my very first digital camera. I think it was 3 megapixels and I was as excited as can be to pay $500 for this and $300 for the compact flash card! Boy have we come a long way! This photo is pouring the stemwall when we added onto our house in WA State. That is the "Alaskan" in red vest who passed away yesterday. This is the kind of person he was, always willing the lend a hand.
He was always inspirational to me, we need to be the ones to lend a hand, and so many won't and don't care. He was gruff, oh yeah, but he touched lives one person at a time. I LOVE ALL YOU CANTANKEROUS PEOPLE, I am not fond of the wishy washy let's all get along personalities, I actually LOVE YOU FIESTY CANTANKEROUS PERSONALITIES! BE YOU...KEEP BEING YOU!
lrg_stemwall_pour_spout4.jpg

lrg_Raising_Wall.jpg
AWESOME! Thanks for sharing this, and glad you have some warm remembrances of your family friend. I always like to think they're in a better place, so it's not them we cry for but us, who have to stay here and keep on keeping on without them.

This is my very first digital camera. I think it was 3 megapixels and I was as excited as can be to pay $500 for this and $300 for the compact flash card! Boy have we come a long way! This photo is pouring the stemwall when we added onto our house in WA State. That is the "Alaskan" in red vest who passed away yesterday. This is the kind of person he was, always willing the lend a hand.
He was always inspirational to me, we need to be the ones to lend a hand, and so many won't and don't care. He was gruff, oh yeah, but he touched lives one person at a time. I LOVE ALL YOU CANTANKEROUS PEOPLE, I am not fond of the wishy washy let's all get along personalities, I actually LOVE YOU FIESTY CANTANKEROUS PERSONALITIES! BE YOU...KEEP BEING YOU!

lrg_Raising_Wall.jpg
AWESOME! Thanks for sharing this, and glad you have some warm remembrances of your family friend. I always like to think they're in a better place, so it's not them we cry for but us, who have to stay here and keep on keeping on without them.
Don Draper said:
it's not them we cry for but us, who have to stay here and keep on keeping on without them.
Amen to that.

lrg_Raising_Wall.jpg
I have a few guests that are self-described curmudgeons. They also happen to be some of my favourite people. Watching them try really, really hard not to smile is one of my favouite pastimes.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing the pic. You've lost a dear friend, but have gained an angel.

lrg_Raising_Wall.jpg
Joey Bloggs said:
I LOVE ALL YOU CANTANKEROUS PEOPLE, I am not fond of the wishy washy let's all get along personalities, I actually LOVE YOU FIESTY CANTANKEROUS PERSONALITIES! BE YOU...KEEP BEING YOU!
Couldn't agree more - and a timely comment too as one of the radio shows I regularly listen to on podcast (gotta block out all that toilet-cleaning somehow) had an interview today with the woman who wrote this article: The Snark Diet.
And it got me to thinking, generally/overall, doesn't "snark" = intelligence, wit and fun and "nice" = grey, bland and terminally dull?
I certainly know which I'd rather spend an evening with. And, from her interview, this chick definitely didn't sound like she'd be a barrel of laughs over a beer.

Back