I earned my week off (warning - long)

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW, Gomez thinks they may have plugged the toilet intentionally. If they walked off with all the amenities, they sound like the kind of guests who 'get back at you' for perceived wrongs..
what kind of weirdo vandalizes an inn room?
probably not worth it, but you do have their info, call the cops? vandalism is a crime. as is stealing.
None of what they did would stand up as either stealing nor vandalism, much as we would like it to. Clogging the toilet? Happens all the time and the amenities are there to be used. Greedy does not count. Vandalism basically means damage and all they did was cause a lot of disgusting work, not actual damage.
To the guests of your weekend, Aussie: we can wish the blessing of the desert, may a herd of fleas invade their crotch and their arms be too short to scratch.
gillumhouse said:
None of what they did would stand up as either stealing nor vandalism, much as we would like it to. Clogging the toilet? Happens all the time and the amenities are there to be used. Greedy does not count. Vandalism basically means damage and all they did was cause a lot of disgusting work, not actual damage.
thumbs_up.gif

One of the biggest (maybe THE biggest) challenges of being an innkeeper is to realize this kind of thing is going to happen at your place. At your beautiful, loved, but this is my home, place. Intended or not, we tend to take it personally.
As for the tip envelope, I had some guests that would use them for other things, would write all over them - random notes - even though I had note paper in the room. As for being mean about a tip envelope, can you imagine dealing with him on a daily basis? Brutal. I'm so sorry that happened ... totally uncalled for.

BTW, Gomez thinks they may have plugged the toilet intentionally. If they walked off with all the amenities, they sound like the kind of guests who 'get back at you' for perceived wrongs..
probably not worth it, but you do have their info, call the cops? vandalism is a crime. as is stealing.
To the guests of your weekend, Aussie: we can wish the blessing of the desert, may a herd of fleas invade their crotch and their arms be too short to scratch.
I was following up Morticia's comment that it sounds as if they did it on purpose. If someone clogs your toilet on purpose and leaves the mess, it's vandalism.
If they do it by accident and just don't tell you about it, then it's simply nasty and unethical.
:)

I was following up Morticia's comment that it sounds as if they did it on purpose. If someone clogs your toilet on purpose and leaves the mess, it's vandalism.
If they do it by accident and just don't tell you about it, then it's simply nasty and unethical.
TheBeachHouse said:
But it's not provable. So there's no sense in bothering with going after them. Or even emailing. Or anything. If they ever come back (unlikely has been my experience) you can give them a second chance. After that? Sorry, we're full.

Agreed.
But I live with an elderly housemate who clogs the toilet every 10 days or so ... and I mean it's bad. She doesn't do it on purpose or to be mean ... but it happens and I say 'did you accidentally try to flush a depends or what?' It makes me want to run away from home!!! The description of having to use a shovel sure sounds deliberate but I don't know how you'd prove it. ugh

Back