Ideas for Honey

INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources

Help Support INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources:

Innkeep

Reaction score
A guest gave me a quart of honey today. I usually don't use it myself, and the little bear dispenser with honey next to the tea service rarely gets used. Anybody have recipe ideas (not elaborate gourmet) for me to try?

scrambled_eggs

Reaction score
I use it in my smoothies I make with fruit and yogurt or as a sweetener for tea.

gillumhouse

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The walnut Oatmeal Pancakes posted in Recipes uses 1/4 cup of honey. they are easy and good.

Madeleine

Reaction score
I use it for the topping for my grape cake. (on the blog)

SM101

Reaction score
Mix some in to plain greek yogurt to serve with fresh fruit. To "gourmet it up", drizzle a little extra honey on top and sprinkle with a little chopped fresh mint.

EmptyNest

Reaction score
You can substitute honey for sugar in most recipes.
http://www.cooks.com/recipe/4516i4d5/substituting-honey-for-sugar.html

Innkeep

Reaction score
The granola I make uses a lot of honey. Ever made granola?.
Thanks for the helpful suggestions. I'm getting some ideas. BD, I am gradually expanding my cooking skills (was a non-cook when I started innkeeping but I'm getting the hang of it now). I haven't tried granola, but I think I'm ready for the challenge. Is the recipe already posted here?

Breakfast Diva

Reaction score
The granola I make uses a lot of honey. Ever made granola?.
Thanks for the helpful suggestions. I'm getting some ideas. BD, I am gradually expanding my cooking skills (was a non-cook when I started innkeeping but I'm getting the hang of it now). I haven't tried granola, but I think I'm ready for the challenge. Is the recipe already posted here?
Innkeep said:
Innkeep, I'm going to e-mail you my granola recipe.