Quantcast

I'm no Yellow Socks, but....

INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources

Help Support INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources:

Willowpondgj

Reaction score
today I showed 11 items at a local town's fall festival baking and canning contest...
I got 1st place in bread baking for a bread sculpture of a cornucopia filled with fall harvest produce (it came out really beautifully, surprised even me!)

and
1st place for my Wild Plum Chablis Jam
3rd place for an herb bread...
It was fun, won some embroidered aprons and gift certs to boot!

gillumhouse

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats!! You did very well.

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
PS a guest from Charlotte NC makes preserves like crazy. I asked her about the black raspberries and she said she has not had them either.

amkaylor

Reaction score
PS a guest from Charlotte NC makes preserves like crazy. I asked her about the black raspberries and she said she has not had them either..
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
PS a guest from Charlotte NC makes preserves like crazy. I asked her about the black raspberries and she said she has not had them either.
I have black rasperries growing in my yard. They're exquisite. I make jam from them, and I made a black raspberry sorbet that was wonderful. I can't get enough of them, and find myself rationing them for use throughout the year because I don't want to be without them!

inncogneeto

Reaction score
just want see what this one does...
oh man I thought a smiley would pop out or somethin'...

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
PS a guest from Charlotte NC makes preserves like crazy. I asked her about the black raspberries and she said she has not had them either..
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
I have black rasperries growing in my yard. They're exquisite. I make jam from them, and I made a black raspberry sorbet that was wonderful. I can't get enough of them, and find myself rationing them for use throughout the year because I don't want to be without them!
amkaylor said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
What state are you in?

Penelope

Reaction score
Congrats on the beautiful bread!!
One question: Can you do it again??!!

gillumhouse

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
amkaylor said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
What state are you in?
I grew up with them in West Virginia

MTLLodge

Reaction score
Great job! Some times we don't know what we can do till we do it!

Willowpondgj

Reaction score
Congrats on the beautiful bread!!
One question: Can you do it again??!!.
Yeah, I made one that was a gathered bunch of wheat sheaths with biscuits as the wheat heads, but it was a couple years ago, so I wasn't sure if I still "had it". Plus, the dough wasn't rising when I was preparing it, wasn't warm enough, I guess, I was freaking out because it was the night before and I didn't want to be up until midnight making the thing, knew I wouldn't have enough time in the morning, it didn't start rising un til I was baking something else...Hallelujah!
It wasn't a hard recipe, just time consuming and I wasn't sure how big I could really get it in my oven, didn't want it to rise in there like that " I Love Lucy" episode!
Thank you everyone!

Latest posts