Innspired Cookbook?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
kathleen's thread made me think WE should do an INNspired Cookbook -- with our recipes and inn profiles.
offer them for sale in the b&b's and online.
is that a nutty idea?

Are you thinking innkeepers only? Or would we "other types" qualify??

Aspiring Innkeepers, Retired Innkeepers, hmmmm ... innkeepers at heart?

No offense to anyone, but I would think if you are selling them at the B&B's and calling it something like "Warm and Fuzzy B&B Inkeepers Recipes" or "All the Bed and Breakfast recipes you Ever Wanted to Know", etc., that all the recipes should come from Innkeepers....

No offense to anyone, but I would think if you are selling them at the B&B's and calling it something like "Warm and Fuzzy B&B Inkeepers Recipes" or "All the Bed and Breakfast recipes you Ever Wanted to Know", etc., that all the recipes should come from Innkeepers.....
GeorgiaGirl said:
that all the recipes should come from Innkeepers....
Exactly my thoughts. That's why I didn't want to get too excited about the idea...

No offense to anyone, but I would think if you are selling them at the B&B's and calling it something like "Warm and Fuzzy B&B Inkeepers Recipes" or "All the Bed and Breakfast recipes you Ever Wanted to Know", etc., that all the recipes should come from Innkeepers.....
GeorgiaGirl said:
Exactly my thoughts. That's why I didn't want to get too excited about the idea...
penelope said:
GeorgiaGirl said:
But you're an assistant innkeeper...
=)
Kk.

There are so many cookbooks and sadly people don't cook anymore. I have others here that sell - slowly...None go flying off the shelf. They take up valuable real estate and after cost and shipping I might make a buck and if you are legit, you have to report these sales and pay tax on them.
Right now these are all half price to get rid of them.
I am submitting recipes when requested for regional cookbooks - and again, they expect YOU to buy 10 or more to sell them.
They will require something unique to be sold.

Sorry..but there are so many cookbooks out there already...it would have to be something really out of the ordinary or know someone who could really market it with a twist. I am giving away many of my cookbooks...I just don't need them any more and honestly don't have that much interest in collecting them any longer. More things to find space for and dust:-(

GeorgiaGirl said:
penelope said:
GeorgiaGirl said:
=)
Kk.
YellowSocks said:
penelope said:
GeorgiaGirl said:
=)
Kk.
Why yes I am!!! And so joyful about my job it doesn't ever feel like work!

well, i am a cookbook fan -- i especially purchase them for good causes or if they have appealing pictures. when schools and community groups do those formula cookbooks that have recipes from soandso's mommy or mr. xyz of the general store, i buy one. and i write in them so i will remember years later who the folks were. this for me is fun ...
i have a cookbook prop on the counter and i built a center island to hold cookbooks underneath.
but that is me.

well, i am a cookbook fan -- i especially purchase them for good causes or if they have appealing pictures. when schools and community groups do those formula cookbooks that have recipes from soandso's mommy or mr. xyz of the general store, i buy one. and i write in them so i will remember years later who the folks were. this for me is fun ...
i have a cookbook prop on the counter and i built a center island to hold cookbooks underneath.
but that is me..
You are not alone - I also have a large collection of church/school/civic group cookbooks. Those are usually the best kind. They really give the "flavor" of the area. I hope I never stop collecting them - and books is one thing DH does not give me a hard time about buying (he can't because he is just as bad).
My challenge currently is to find somewhere to put them all as I have acquired a few new ones (and DH is complaining about the area I did have them in) so they have to move. I have until Friday because that is when the next guests are due. Thank goodness for horses!!

but that is me..
seashanty said:
but that is me.
I used to pick them up at the airport...every Junior League cookbook out there. I have some of those 'hometown' cookbooks with my own recipes in them. And I don't cook. I just liked the idea of having them around in case the mood ever struck me. (It didn't.
wink_smile.gif
)

I love cookbooks too! I have many that I have never made anything out of but I love it when they have lots of pictures and especially when they are from somewhere I have been.

but that is me..
I love cookbooks too & have a bunch of those from Junior League and various other community groups. They're tried and true, tested recipes! My new thing though is cookbooks with color pictures! I have to have a picture. And, I'm really branching out to ethnic cookbooks.
There are a ton of B&B cookbooks out there - individual inns and State association cookbooks.
Not to rain on your parade, but I agree that there has to be some kind of unique "spin" to inn-spire folks to purchase another cookbook.
teeth_smile.gif

Back