Interview about Trip adviser! by ME!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How'd it go. I got a call from the ceeb asking me to do an interview next week..
Ceeb? is this the BBC?
The BBC is the Beeb.... The Ceeb is here.
Quite well I think! managed to get a small plug in for our national trade association Bedposts which is really trying to get our issues listened to!! Pushed the point that they are very unhelpful about namign names if you are trying to get at the real identity of people ie to sue them and that the simple way for trip adviser to make it more likely people are telling the truth is to make them say who they are. That there is no policing. Also said that I get emails sometimes twice a week from companies offering to write good reviews and post them in return for payment. So have to listen and see how it sounds on Sunday.
Quite well I think! managed to get a small plug in for our national trade association Bedposts which is really trying to get our issues listened to!! Pushed the point that they are very unhelpful about namign names if you are trying to get at the real identity of people ie to sue them and that the simple way for trip adviser to make it more likely people are telling the truth is to make them say who they are. That there is no policing. Also said that I get emails sometimes twice a week from companies offering to write good reviews and post them in return for payment. So have to listen and see how it sounds on Sunday.
It's on tape? They want me to do mine live... gulp.
I've never had someone solicit for positive reviews. I've seen posts about it. But never received one, myself.
I get emails now and again but as well have had emails from people willing to pay money to you to write them for their company or teach them how to do it!. and no mine was taped so that was easier!

How'd it go. I got a call from the ceeb asking me to do an interview next week..
Ceeb? is this the BBC?
I've never had someone solicit for positive reviews. I've seen posts about it. But never received one, myself.
Eric Arthur Blair said:
I did a live radio interview once. I thought it was going to be 2-3 minutes. When I finally got off the phone, I'd been talking to them for 25 minutes. Must have been a slow news day!
I get those same emails about getting better reviews and how they can help me.

Ceeb? is this the BBC?
I have done both. Either way, just think of it as talking to a friend. If it is something you are passionate about, you will not even have to really think about it being live. Do organize your thoughts in advance to know what points you want to make but just answer the questions with the excitement you feel about telling about it in your voice. Do not be a monotone mumbler. Speak up (not shout but do not mealy-mouth whimper either). Speak clearly and distinctly. Good luck.

Ceeb? is this the BBC?
Wish we could hear it. I am certain you did well.

Ceeb? is this the BBC?
Well let us know! Sounds like you got many things covered. Just got to hear if anything gets cut when it airs.
Yep, I have gotten those emails for better reviews too.

Ceeb? is this the BBC?
Eric Arthur Blair said:
I did a live radio interview once. I thought it was going to be 2-3 minutes. When I finally got off the phone, I'd been talking to them for 25 minutes. Must have been a slow news day!
I get those same emails about getting better reviews and how they can help me.
they seemed quite shocked that there were companies or people out there offering this as a service. If anyone has any student kids it could be a lucrative sideline for them! get a few friends organised $10 a pop its easy money could really help with tuition fees!

you may be able to listen to the interview online from the 5th of feb ie tomorro you go to the BBC radio york web site and then on the right hand side you get the option to listen again ie to yesterdays programs and click the Jonathan cowap show. I was messing about in the fricking snow and forgot to listen!!!

you may be able to listen to the interview online from the 5th of feb ie tomorro you go to the BBC radio york web site and then on the right hand side you get the option to listen again ie to yesterdays programs and click the Jonathan cowap show. I was messing about in the fricking snow and forgot to listen!!!.
I found a 3-hour Cowap show from Friday the 3rd. I jumped through it twice, sampling section-by-section, hoping to happen on to a section about TA but never found it.
If I get time, I'll listen to the whole 3 hours, as it's like a free vacation to York, easy to imagine I'm driving along a country road, on the "wrong" side of the road, listening to York radio!
I did hear them discussing their love/hate relationship with the non-stop tourist business there. Wish we had a little of that problem here!

you may be able to listen to the interview online from the 5th of feb ie tomorro you go to the BBC radio york web site and then on the right hand side you get the option to listen again ie to yesterdays programs and click the Jonathan cowap show. I was messing about in the fricking snow and forgot to listen!!!.
I found a 3-hour Cowap show from Friday the 3rd. I jumped through it twice, sampling section-by-section, hoping to happen on to a section about TA but never found it.
If I get time, I'll listen to the whole 3 hours, as it's like a free vacation to York, easy to imagine I'm driving along a country road, on the "wrong" side of the road, listening to York radio!
I did hear them discussing their love/hate relationship with the non-stop tourist business there. Wish we had a little of that problem here!
sorry you have to wait till tomorro for the stuff that was on the radio today to show up. we are ahead of you time wise so as soon as you get up in the morning then it will be on.

Listen to the 5 feb Cowap recording, available for 7 days more days. The item starts at 0.38.15 interview starts shortly thereafter.
Kim, no need to wait until tomorrow, I am - at this very moment - listening to you.......
Edited to add; Well done, you did great.

sorry you have to wait till tomorro for the stuff that was on the radio today to show up. we are ahead of you time wise so as soon as you get up in the morning then it will be on.
In the mean time I'm enjoying the discussion on the Monk's Cross shopping center. It's the same thing we've faced here for 40 years: retail shopping moving to the edge of town with huge amounts of free, convenient parking, leaving a dead downtown area and dropping property values.
It brings us around to what I'm working on now, trying to redevelop our historic downtown district, with its narrow streets and limited parking, as a nice alternative to the big shopping centers that, after 40 years, are seeming to be dated and "nothing special". What's special, to people born after 1980, are the quaint city centers they've barely known existed!

Thanks Bommelhoeve! I got to listen to it. Cowap did a good job of questioning the TA rep and reminding her that what policing they do of posted reviews takes place after the damage is done.
When he mentioned that people are taking money to post good reviews for some sites, all the TA rep could say was, "that's certainly against our policy". Lot of good that does!
The interview is a good start in making the public aware of the problems that exist.

Thanks Bommelhoeve! I got to listen to it. Cowap did a good job of questioning the TA rep and reminding her that what policing they do of posted reviews takes place after the damage is done.
When he mentioned that people are taking money to post good reviews for some sites, all the TA rep could say was, "that's certainly against our policy". Lot of good that does!
The interview is a good start in making the public aware of the problems that exist..
this is really only a small thing it has been all over the BBC about how trading standards is bashing them and questioning their veracity and interviewing trip advier press people.

The interview is a good start in making the public aware of the problems that exist..
this is really only a small thing it has been all over the BBC about how trading standards is bashing them and questioning their veracity and interviewing trip advier press people.
did I put the link in? http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/p00nh6hn

Heard a bit of it! You sounded great!
RIki

Just listened to your bit & the TA interview. You did a wonderful job and identified many points for our industry. And I also think that Cowap did a great job with his interview of the TA rep. She was smooth but much of what she said sounded like canned replies to questions she would rather dodge.
Hope to have time to listen to hear any other call in statements made later in the show, but for now I have cleaning to do!

Way to Go Camb! You did a great job articulating our concerns.
cheers.gif

cheers.gif

thank you. was trying to show we are not all crazy people who run b&b's like some of the people you see on 3 in a bed! more we believe in reviews and communicating in an instant way with the public however we don't believe in reviews from people that may never even have stayed with us or that arn't policed in any way. Plus got some good mentiones apart from the fact they kept calling me a hotel which I suppose could be worce! Also am hoping that I am now on their go to list if they ever need a comment on tourism/accommodation type things which would be good pr for the future.

cheers.gif

thank you. was trying to show we are not all crazy people who run b&b's like some of the people you see on 3 in a bed! more we believe in reviews and communicating in an instant way with the public however we don't believe in reviews from people that may never even have stayed with us or that arn't policed in any way. Plus got some good mentiones apart from the fact they kept calling me a hotel which I suppose could be worce! Also am hoping that I am now on their go to list if they ever need a comment on tourism/accommodation type things which would be good pr for the future.
We've been listening to it... and I'm vicariously famous :)
Very nice interview.

Thanks for the link. They used your quote in the news snippet also. Thank you to whomever said the time - I was able to move the dot to within a couple minutes of when you came on. You sounded great! You really got your point across.

Back