Quantcast

I've been terminated!

INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources

Help Support INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources:

MTLLodge

Reaction score
Just when I was going to tell them I was going to quite, (going to be opening B&B in 2 weeks)! they tell me they are terminating me. O MY GOD! Now I get a severance payments!!!
LOL
If you remember at the end a April they cut my hours and that is when we been going full speed ahead building, and starting the business.
but these are happy tears!!!
Thanks guys, love ya all

seashanty

Staff member
Reaction score
wow!
best of luck to you!!
why were you terminated? is it lack of business? will they give you a good reference? *wink* do they know of your plans?

JBloggs

Reaction score
GOOD ON YA! We look forward to your innkeeping stories soon. :)

MTLLodge

Reaction score
Cost cutting is the reason and if I needed to, I could get a reference. But I am hiring me! ( the best person to get the job done) They have no Ideal I have been working on a B&B

wendydk

Reaction score
Cost cutting is the reason and if I needed to, I could get a reference. But I am hiring me! ( the best person to get the job done) They have no Ideal I have been working on a B&B
Buying yourself a job is what you're doing!

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
What lucky break!

SweetiePie

Reaction score
The only person I know happy to be out of a job.

Breakfast Diva

Reaction score
Congratulations! What a bonus! Now you can devote yourself full time to your new B&B and get paid for it! (well, at least for a little while)
Best of luck!

gillumhouse

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am sooo happy for you. I tried to do a voluntary lay-off in 1994 - to save someone else's job and to get the severance (one week pay for every full year of service and I had 14). However they knew we had bought the house in WV and I did not get the layoff.
It did have its compensation though - I got to see who DID get laid off - my first Dept head who was a total ass, jerk, and a lot of other descriptive things (when I walked into the area and saw him standing there with his coat on and the paper box, what everyone used to take their belongings home, I did a 180 back into the hall, did the YES! and whispered, "There IS a GOD!"). I also worked longer than 14 weeks before I left so I made out better financially too.

mooseberry

Reaction score
best of luck to you. yep, everything happens for a reason.. :)