I've got those no good, low down butter blues

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well today I put the butter out (to see if anyone would go for it) for fresh peach & pecan pancakes and it was not touched, again. See what I mean? They just don't use it here. It was in a floragold candy dish and beside it was a proper butter knife. Nope, didn't use it at all..
Were the peaches to go over the top?? If yes, I wouldn't have had butter either..but...if they were just plain pancakes, I would have reached for the butter.

Well today I put the butter out (to see if anyone would go for it) for fresh peach & pecan pancakes and it was not touched, again. See what I mean? They just don't use it here. It was in a floragold candy dish and beside it was a proper butter knife. Nope, didn't use it at all..
Were the peaches to go over the top?? If yes, I wouldn't have had butter either..but...if they were just plain pancakes, I would have reached for the butter.
We do an apple pancake with an apple mixture that goes over the top. Guests still slather butter on the pancakes. If it's not on the table they ask for it.

OK, here's the reason we go thru lbs of butter and you don't...all of my guests are from the south and all of your guests are from the north!

OK, here's the reason we go thru lbs of butter and you don't...all of my guests are from the south and all of your guests are from the north!
Bree said:
buh-tuh

Bree said:
Those Yankees don't know how to eat! Butter is a food group, ya'll.

Something that surprised me that is not from the South is HOT WINGS. (Buffalo Wings)
I mean to say there is nothing as greasy and fattening as a deep fried, tossed in butter hot wing, oh and don't forget to dip them in ranch dressing. (I say ranch as there is NO OTHER dressing south of the Mason Dixon).
When I have relatives visit and they insist on bleu cheese I warn them, "Please don't do it!" If they have it, it hasn't been consumed for yonks and will probably be another case of food poisoning.

We do an apple pancake with an apple mixture that goes over the top. Guests still slather butter on the pancakes. If it's not on the table they ask for it.
Gotta have butter!!! My Pappy taught me the only way to eat a sweet roll - butter the bottom and sides first!

Gotta have butter!!! My Pappy taught me the only way to eat a sweet roll - butter the bottom and sides first!
gillumhouse said:
My grandpa taught me how to sop! You have to mash the butter on your plate then pour syrup (your choice) over it and mix it up. Then you clean off the plate with a good homemade biscuit (none of that bisquick crap). Grandma's pie crust were ALWAYS the best because she used lard.

gillumhouse said:
My grandpa taught me how to sop! You have to mash the butter on your plate then pour syrup (your choice) over it and mix it up. Then you clean off the plate with a good homemade biscuit (none of that bisquick crap). Grandma's pie crust were ALWAYS the best because she used lard.
Yep!!

Speaking of lard - the famous UTZ CHIPS are made in LARD!
When we moved here I bought a pack and was like mmmm, these are so good! I say aloud "What sort of peanut oil did they use for these? They are so good!" I look at the ingredients - WHAT THE! There it was...LARD.
I didn't know they still made them that way, heck even pork rinds are fried in un-sat oil now.
wow.gif

34.jpg

Something that surprised me that is not from the South is HOT WINGS. (Buffalo Wings)
I mean to say there is nothing as greasy and fattening as a deep fried, tossed in butter hot wing, oh and don't forget to dip them in ranch dressing. (I say ranch as there is NO OTHER dressing south of the Mason Dixon).
When I have relatives visit and they insist on bleu cheese I warn them, "Please don't do it!" If they have it, it hasn't been consumed for yonks and will probably be another case of food poisoning..
Hot wings w/ranch dressing, fried okra, and watermelon are all on the boo-fay at the Mexican buffet place here. Cracks me up!
teeth_smile.gif

Another way to do it is to melt the butter and put it on the pancakes or waffles before adding the fruit. That way it doesn't need to be on the table at all.

Another way to do it is to melt the butter and put it on the pancakes or waffles before adding the fruit. That way it doesn't need to be on the table at all.
SweetiePie said:
I cook my pancakes in butter on the griddle, so it is on there one way or another. :)

SweetiePie said:
I cook my pancakes in butter on the griddle, so it is on there one way or another. :)
Joe Bloggs said:
SweetiePie said:
DW suggested that, but I thought some guests might not want the added butter, if at all.
I do think it's kind of funny though how many "portly" guests we get that always say something like "Well, I AM on vacation" and then hoover their plate. Some of them look like they vacation A LOT.
Ever have this conversation as you're serving?
Guest: "You took all the calories out of this didn't you? <tee hee>"
Little voice inside my head: "It's a little late for that isn't lard ass?
What I actually say: "Of course, but don't worry about it, you're on vacation, right?"
These are usually the same individuals that order a Double-meat Jumbo Bacon Cheeseburger with supersize fries and a DIET coke.
Screw it. I like to eat.
[Side note: A big thunderstorm is blowing through and the electricity went off for a bit RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF ME TYPING THIS MESSAGE!]

just let the butter get room temperature, fill, with room temp butter, a pastry bag with a star/flower tip ( I like to use Wilton's #2D)& make little rosettes.just like you would with frosting if you were decorating a cake. lay out a piece of wax paper on a baking sheet , this is what you put the butter rosettes on. put the pan in the fridge. they set up in moments in the fridge. store them between layers of wax paper in a container in the fridge. quick & easy! simple & pretty!

Question for those that use butter or candy molds. If no one uses the butter can you refreeze them over and over?

Question for those that use butter or candy molds. If no one uses the butter can you refreeze them over and over?.
Our health code here says if it goes out to the guests in an open container, whatever is left needs to get thrown away. We use the individually wrapped butter pats...more expensive per pat, but I can but the unopened ones back into the fridge, so that cuts down on waste. Even your jams and jellies in little serving bowls are not supposed to be reused.

Question for those that use butter or candy molds. If no one uses the butter can you refreeze them over and over?.
NOpe! I usually put one or two of the molded butter pats on the plate with the bread / muffin being served. If they don't use it, down the disposal it goes.

It's the just cost of doing business...
(But they do refreeze...) :wink:
=)
Kk.

Back