I've got those no good, low down butter blues

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We use these butter pots. They hold about 1 tablespoon of butter..
tedwin said:
We use these butter pots. They hold about 1 tablespoon of butter.
How much waste to you have?
BTW, I made a trip into the big city the other day and found a candy mold that should work. We'll know in the morning at breakfast.
Proud Texan said:
found a candy mold that should work. We'll know in the morning at breakfast.
Did you get a fun , quirky one?

tedwin said:
BTW, I made a trip into the big city the other day and found a candy mold that should work. We'll know in the morning at breakfast.
At the risk of getting howls of disgust...
If the butter appears clean, we consolidate it into a larger tub. Once we fill the tub, we clarify the butter over heat and use it for our own personal cooking and baking.

You should look into getting a butter curler (http://www.amazon.com/KitchenAid-KG040ER-Butter-Curler-Red/dp/B00005KI7Y)
This is what you'll end up with:
Butter%20curls%20in%20small%20white%20butter%20dishes..jpg

Question for those that use butter or candy molds. If no one uses the butter can you refreeze them over and over?.
Our health code here says if it goes out to the guests in an open container, whatever is left needs to get thrown away. We use the individually wrapped butter pats...more expensive per pat, but I can but the unopened ones back into the fridge, so that cuts down on waste. Even your jams and jellies in little serving bowls are not supposed to be reused.
Breakfast Diva said:
Our health code here says if it goes out to the guests in an open container, whatever is left needs to get thrown away. We use the individually wrapped butter pats...more expensive per pat, but I can but the unopened ones back into the fridge, so that cuts down on waste. Even your jams and jellies in little serving bowls are not supposed to be reused.
I've got that jam thing down to a science now. I know just how to heap it up so it looks like a lot but it's just slightly more than anyone will use. We toss very little jam after breakfast.

tedwin said:
Proud Texan said:
penelope said:
Proud Texan said:
Nah, just leaves. The choices were slim: leaves, stars, sea shells and hearts.

You should look into getting a butter curler (http://www.amazon.com/KitchenAid-KG040ER-Butter-Curler-Red/dp/B00005KI7Y)
This is what you'll end up with:
Butter%20curls%20in%20small%20white%20butter%20dishes..jpg
I have one and never seem to either remember to use it or have the time to make the curls. Maybe I'll go look for it...
Sometimes they're dang lucky to even get extra butter! :)

Back