Job Offers New

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I am wondering what is the protocol for waiting for answer from an inn after you've interviewed. It's been 3 days since my interview at (the inn that I'm in love with) and it's noon here, is it ok for me to reach out to them to see if they've made a decision?.
what did they tell you to expect a the interview?
They told me they'd let me know in a couple of days
Call and say you are checking in. Don't pressure them.
So just call and say just wanted to touch base and let you know I'm still very interested in position? I definitely don't want to pressure them...
Intuition is telling me give them a little more time today, it is the beginning of the weekend, and then I'll check in with them if I haven't heard by later this afternoon.
Thank you everyone for advice :)
Honestly, reaching out to them is unlikely to have anything to do with their decision. Checking in will offer you no benefit.

Have you gone the old fashioned route of sending a thank you note? I always do when I interview someplace (and I want the job) ...

So I am wondering what is the protocol for waiting for answer from an inn after you've interviewed. It's been 3 days since my interview at (the inn that I'm in love with) and it's noon here, is it ok for me to reach out to them to see if they've made a decision?.
So just call and say just wanted to touch base and let you know I'm still very interested in position? I definitely don't want to pressure them...
Intuition is telling me give them a little more time today, it is the beginning of the weekend, and then I'll check in with them if I haven't heard by later this afternoon.
I agree..Don't contact them. It will seem too pushy. You may next week, send them a thank you note...not an email...thanking for the interview and a chance to see their inn.

At least you have that much sense - if I had a pound for every idiot who rings to ask a million questions during breakfast or between 5 and 7pm on a Friday ie peak times to be dealing with guests I would be rich! if they are busy for the weekend they won't make a decision before 5pm on sunday when they have time to have a brain!
That's exactly the way I was thinking. I'll just wait to see what happens. I just put myself into a tough spot, that's all.
Thank you!

Honestly, reaching out to them is unlikely to have anything to do with their decision. Checking in will offer you no benefit.
Exactly. My intuition told me relax, it's out of my hands.
Thank you!

Exactly. My intuition told me relax, it's out of my hands.
Thank you!

In our innkeeper speak, that means when they get to it. Being patient makes sense. SS had a great suggestion with the Thank you note. If I was an innkeeper and someone went out of their way to say thank you in a brief note, I would at least stop to reconsider.

I agree..Don't contact them. It will seem too pushy. You may next week, send them a thank you note...not an email...thanking for the interview and a chance to see their inn.
That's what I decided. Me calling will do nothing.
Thank you!

In our innkeeper speak, that means when they get to it. Being patient makes sense. SS had a great suggestion with the Thank you note. If I was an innkeeper and someone went out of their way to say thank you in a brief note, I would at least stop to reconsider.
That's what I decided. When I finished the interview I came home and immediately sent them a thank you note thanking for the interview, the Inn being meticulous (as I am) and absolutely beautiful....and the energy of the inn very welcoming, which it is. It's out of my hands....
Thank you!

well then ... I guess you just wait. Keep looking, and hopefully the inn you love will love you back and you'll get the call you're hoping for. Good luck!

I don't agree entirely. While emailing to say -hey dude, have you made a decision yet-probably won't win great favors, I think reaching out does have something to do with decisions for some people. I know it did for me, I just hired someone, one of the major factors being how they followed up after the interview. I thought her emails showed care, enthusiasm, and attention to detail that I would like in someone who was dealing with guests.
However, I do agree with others that following up after the weekend probably would be best.

I don't agree entirely. While emailing to say -hey dude, have you made a decision yet-probably won't win great favors, I think reaching out does have something to do with decisions for some people. I know it did for me, I just hired someone, one of the major factors being how they followed up after the interview. I thought her emails showed care, enthusiasm, and attention to detail that I would like in someone who was dealing with guests.
However, I do agree with others that following up after the weekend probably would be best.
Hadn't thought about it that way. I know the last couple of folks that worked with us showed initiative by approaching us for an opportunity, which we liked.

Actually, I ended up doing just that. I realize the end of the weekend might have been a bit better, but I'm in a bit of a conundrum right now and was hoping that things could be wrapped up by Sunday.
I wasn't 100% sure they received my first thank you because I sent it to a different email than the one on our thread. So I felt, what have I got to lose. I wasn't pushy and in no way made it seem like I was looking for a decision from them. A true thank you.

Hadn't thought about it that way. I know the last couple of folks that worked with us showed initiative by approaching us for an opportunity, which we liked.
One person's "initiative" is another person's "annoyance."

oh! When I said I always send a thankyou and you said you did ... I meant that you should send a snail mail thank you, not an email. I would do it now.

One person's "initiative" is another person's "annoyance."
I love this.

Back