Leather furniture

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This morning's paper had an ad in it for barrel chairs in microfiber. I'm going to go take a look at those. They look like the leather version that muirford posted. They would fit the space (and space is an issue) and are not cost prohibitive. I would end up NOT replacing the chairs I originally started the thread about but would put these in another guest room that presently has rockers. Rockers are nice but guests mar the walls and baseboards with them and I'm always catching my sandal-clad toes on the rocker part..
Would the barrel chairs go with your decor? They seem a bit too modern to me for your place. Hae you considered just using some nice natural wicker chairs that you can replace the cushions easily? They hold up well, can be comfy, and aren't expensive (especially this time of year).
Samster said:
Would the barrel chairs go with your decor? They seem a bit too modern to me for your place. Hae you considered just using some nice natural wicker chairs that you can replace the cushions easily? They hold up well, can be comfy, and aren't expensive (especially this time of year).
I'm thinking the same thing which is why I am still sitting here and not in the car already. I like wicker, I think it would go well in here in the older part of the house, not in the new, which is where I am focusing. It IS expensive around here, even now. $200 for a simple chair. With no cushions! But, it's a thought.
OK, back to the drawing board...and yes, I overthink this stuff. Mostly because I hate to spend the money on something that isn't the exact perfect thing for the space.
The barrel chairs we have do not have separate legs - that is, they sit on a roundish base rather with four very stubby legs (2 inches, maybe) - which makes them look less modern than most of what is out there. More like these, but without the pillow or the nailhead trim. And a darker brown. They definitely look like vintage (not antique) library furniture though. Wicker might be good for your place, though.

This morning's paper had an ad in it for barrel chairs in microfiber. I'm going to go take a look at those. They look like the leather version that muirford posted. They would fit the space (and space is an issue) and are not cost prohibitive. I would end up NOT replacing the chairs I originally started the thread about but would put these in another guest room that presently has rockers. Rockers are nice but guests mar the walls and baseboards with them and I'm always catching my sandal-clad toes on the rocker part..
Samster said:
I'm thinking the same thing which is why I am still sitting here and not in the car already. I like wicker, I think it would go well in here in the older part of the house, not in the new, which is where I am focusing. It IS expensive around here, even now. $200 for a simple chair. With no cushions! But, it's a thought.
OK, back to the drawing board...and yes, I overthink this stuff. Mostly because I hate to spend the money on something that isn't the exact perfect thing for the space.
The barrel chairs we have do not have separate legs - that is, they sit on a roundish base rather with four very stubby legs (2 inches, maybe) - which makes them look less modern than most of what is out there. More like these, but without the pillow or the nailhead trim. And a darker brown. They definitely look like vintage (not antique) library furniture though. Wicker might be good for your place, though.
I agree this style is not in keeping with BREE's place. However, wicker furniture is not that comfortable and I am not sure it would stand up to guest use.
I see wicker chairs as porch furniture not room furniture.
I have several pieces of wicker as side tables and dresser, but took out the wicker chairs for upholsterd ones when we bought this place.
Unless she spent a fortune for the really good stuff like Plow and Hearth has...and no way would I pay those prices.

Samster said:
Those are very handsome leather chairs! They would look good in the room that I'm considering some leather chairs for.
I suggested wicker because of the price point that she was looking at. Natural wicker (not white) can be very sturdy & look good mixed in with several types of decor. Also, you can dress them up with the types of cushions and pillows that you use as accents. And, it's much more reasonable to replace cushions than it is to re-upholster. Pier 1 has a great selection of various types of wicker and a lot of it is very comfortable, just as an example.
It was a thought because of the amount of money Bree was looking to spend.

Samster said:
Those are very handsome leather chairs! They would look good in the room that I'm considering some leather chairs for.
I suggested wicker because of the price point that she was looking at. Natural wicker (not white) can be very sturdy & look good mixed in with several types of decor. Also, you can dress them up with the types of cushions and pillows that you use as accents. And, it's much more reasonable to replace cushions than it is to re-upholster. Pier 1 has a great selection of various types of wicker and a lot of it is very comfortable, just as an example.
Samster said:
And that's the problem...the amount of money I'm willing to spend! Friends had wicker furniture and guests stood on the chairs (sans cushions) and broke the seats. It's always something. Things I wouldn't think of doing, guests might just try. Which is why, really, the oak rockers are perfect for durability and cleanability. (Exceptions being sitting on them in wet clothing or leaving wet towels on them overnight, both of which have been done and have ruined the finish.)

Samster said:
Samster said:
And that's the problem...the amount of money I'm willing to spend! Friends had wicker furniture and guests stood on the chairs (sans cushions) and broke the seats. It's always something. Things I wouldn't think of doing, guests might just try. Which is why, really, the oak rockers are perfect for durability and cleanability. (Exceptions being sitting on them in wet clothing or leaving wet towels on them overnight, both of which have been done and have ruined the finish.)
Oh toss a couple of bean bags in there and see what they say
devil_smile.gif

Samster said:
Samster said:
devil_smile.gif

catlady said:
devil_smile.gif
teeth_smile.gif

I have several people who have "MY room" and yes, it IS one of the shared bath guestrooms. And having that recliner MAY be a "big deal" to those guests who consider it "MY room". If a guest spends that much time in a room, it may be that they are reading and the recliner is soooo nice for reading. The guest may have leg problems (and an ottoman is not as comfortable) that the recliner helps - and they have one at home and having one here makes it perfect..
Have you looked at the Lazy-Boy recliners? I have a Lazy-Boy wingback recliner that does not look like a recliner at all. It does not take up as much space as the traditional.

Back