Luray?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Sorry, I don't have access to my mailing list!
Best Western or hillside motel?
(I know about PH B&B, not an option, Gomez wants a hotel.)

Best Western! Though our family goes to Holiday Inn or camping!

Uh I wouldn't choose either....though I hear the folks at Hillside are really nice. Even though the place is dated, it is clean

If you like German food, Edelweiss Restaurant is worth a visit in that area.

Best Western! Though our family goes to Holiday Inn or camping!.
This particular best western or the chain in general?
Morticia said:
The chain in general....never been over there.
Funny, I won't stain in that chain because it differs so much from location to location in quality.
Jon Sable said:
Funny, I won't stain in that chain because it differs so much from location to location in quality.
Best is sort of to motels what Select Registry is to BnB's. It seems like any individual can build a motel of their own design, and if it meets Best's requirements it can be part of Best. So basically, I think Best sells private motels the Best name for their use, and the soap.

Best Western! Though our family goes to Holiday Inn or camping!.
Morticia said:
The chain in general....never been over there.
Jon Sable said:
Best is sort of to motels what Select Registry is to BnB's. It seems like any individual can build a motel of their own design, and if it meets Best's requirements it can be part of Best. So basically, I think Best sells private motels the Best name for their use, and the soap.
I think that is why they started adding Plus and Premier to some of them. Basically their name means nothing to me, it's not a mark of quality, so I skip it. The same way that I can't tell what I'm going to get when it says Econo... so better to just skip it.

So here's my day in a nutshell - power steering went out on brand new car. 45 miles on I-95 at 30 MPH (that was traffic, not the car problems). And I'm sick. Physically. We know I'm mentally sick. ;-)
Came into town over the mountain. Switchbacks all the way up and down. No power steering.
Heading home. But have to get car fixed. Hopefully tomorrow.

So here's my day in a nutshell - power steering went out on brand new car. 45 miles on I-95 at 30 MPH (that was traffic, not the car problems). And I'm sick. Physically. We know I'm mentally sick. ;-)
Came into town over the mountain. Switchbacks all the way up and down. No power steering.
Heading home. But have to get car fixed. Hopefully tomorrow..
oh no! HOPE tomorrow is better.

EmptyNest said:
Suggestions for garage if the Ford dealer can't get us in?

EmptyNest said:
Are you in Luray? Marlow Ford.
If not them,
HARRISONBURG FORD
3155 South Main Street Harrisonburg
Service: 888-564-2533
Shenandoah Ford
9135 Winchester Road Front Royal
Service:866-699-1865
Since it is a new car, you want it covered under warranty..so you have to take it to a ford dealer....right?

Nooooooo, I was so envious of you being in Virginia enjoying their beautiful spring! I worked there for many years at Tysons Corner. Never fear, believe it or not, 'twas really truly 70 degrees here today!

I've spent a little vacation time in garages over the years. Getting repairs done on the road adds a special little memorable extra to the trip. The smells of the oil on the concrete floor. The smell of stacks of tires. Peanut butter and crackers from a vending machine.
You have to make the best of it and find those little treats in life.
I'm joking. Sorry you're having to spend your vacation time finding and sitting at a garage!

EmptyNest said:
Are you in Luray? Marlow Ford.
If not them,
HARRISONBURG FORD
3155 South Main Street Harrisonburg
Service: 888-564-2533
Shenandoah Ford
9135 Winchester Road Front Royal
Service:866-699-1865
Since it is a new car, you want it covered under warranty..so you have to take it to a ford dealer....right?
Yes.
Yes.
Just had dinner at uncle bucks.
Hoping the car can be fixed tomorrow so we don't spend the whole day waiting.

I've spent a little vacation time in garages over the years. Getting repairs done on the road adds a special little memorable extra to the trip. The smells of the oil on the concrete floor. The smell of stacks of tires. Peanut butter and crackers from a vending machine.
You have to make the best of it and find those little treats in life.
I'm joking. Sorry you're having to spend your vacation time finding and sitting at a garage!.
I'm spending my time in bed. Hoping to feel better sooner rather than later. Poor Gomez went out to get me some cold meds and came back with these giant gel caps I can't swallow so I'm not sleeping again tonight.
It stinks to be sick on the road.

Back