No judgement, please

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just curious...how come she was not allowed to wear the t shirt with the candidate name & picture on it?.
It's considered electioneering (or whatever it's called), and is not allowed within (typically) 100 feet of a polling place. You're not allowed to try to sway someone's vote in any way within that limit.

just curious...how come she was not allowed to wear the t shirt with the candidate name & picture on it?.
It's considered electioneering (or whatever it's called), and is not allowed within (typically) 100 feet of a polling place. You're not allowed to try to sway someone's vote in any way within that limit.
300 feet.
Truthfully, I figure everyone had made their choice and that stupid T-shirt was not going to make a difference to someone's vote BUT #1 it was illegal to hve any kind of political material - candidates/issues/etc and #2 although it may not sway who someone votes for it could start one hell of a fight. No thank you!
I felt she was testing us and that if she had not been challenged would have been going to the nearest TV, radio, or newspaper with her story of how she was not challenged at this precinct. She carped loudly about her freedom to wear whatever clothing she wanted, but was very nice as she exited - with the offending shirt rolled up in her hand!

oh, ok. just curious. i have never heard the term. Thanks for explaining.

300 feet.
Truthfully, I figure everyone had made their choice and that stupid T-shirt was not going to make a difference to someone's vote BUT #1 it was illegal to hve any kind of political material - candidates/issues/etc and #2 although it may not sway who someone votes for it could start one hell of a fight. No thank you!
I felt she was testing us and that if she had not been challenged would have been going to the nearest TV, radio, or newspaper with her story of how she was not challenged at this precinct. She carped loudly about her freedom to wear whatever clothing she wanted, but was very nice as she exited - with the offending shirt rolled up in her hand!
50 feet in Indiana. I usually see a cluster of candidate signs sprouting up at the first allowable point.
DW and I went to the polls at 6:04 a.m.; in 45 mintues we were done, five pages. We then went to our local bakery and had a cinamon roll and coffee and watched out the window as the line kept getting longer and longer and ...

Here in VA it is 40 feet. They actually had tape on the ground with a sign telling everyone. oF course 50 feet from the door were tents with both parties passing out materials.
I am glad it is all over and now we can get on with things..hopefully good things:) And gas is $1.95!!!! wow!

Here in VA it is 40 feet. They actually had tape on the ground with a sign telling everyone. oF course 50 feet from the door were tents with both parties passing out materials.
I am glad it is all over and now we can get on with things..hopefully good things:) And gas is $1.95!!!! wow!
catlady said:
What??!!! It's $2.49 here. At least if the prices are that low, more people will do the weekend getaway that they put off in the spring.

catlady said:
What??!!! It's $2.49 here. At least if the prices are that low, more people will do the weekend getaway that they put off in the spring.
It's $1.95 here, too

I paid 2.09 at Costco in Winchester, VA on Monday. That's cheaper than here or Maryland.

catlady said:
It's $1.95 here, too
penelope said:
It's $1.95 here, too
I will report back later, it was not that low here yet. We have the cheapest fuel in this state normally. We still have 10% ethanol tho. ugh
Update $2.29

See, we are down here closer to the supply and we seem to pay more than a lot of other places. Still $2.29 here.
cry_smile.gif
I'm waiting to see if it goes below $2 before I get a tank of gas.

I got another 20cents off per gallon coupon today - every time I have spent $100 at our grocery, I get a 20 cents off per gallon for up to 15 gallons. I have 2 coupons right now and expect to get another before Thanksgiving and before I need gas again. With that, we let it go to fumes first and since they can be combined, I will probably get 60 cents off per gallon!
Gas was 2.599 this afternoon.

We're hovering between $1.97 and $2.07, depending on where you go.
=)
Kk.

Yes, I voted too.
Our son won his 3rd race for the Iowa House. We are soooooo glad. I feel like I have Jet Lag in a huge way.
I feel like a stranger to the forum. It seems like ages since I last posted. I have checked occasionally to see what was up.

Yes, I voted too.
Our son won his 3rd race for the Iowa House. We are soooooo glad. I feel like I have Jet Lag in a huge way.
I feel like a stranger to the forum. It seems like ages since I last posted. I have checked occasionally to see what was up..
1linda said:
Yes, I voted too.
I feel like a stranger to the forum. It seems like ages since I last posted. I have checked occasionally to see what was up.
YAY for your son!
And welcome back... we've missed you.
We've also grown a lot, have lots of new people, all kinds of stuff going on.
=)
Kk.

Yes, I voted too.
I feel like a stranger to the forum. It seems like ages since I last posted. I have checked occasionally to see what was up..
Congrats on the win!!!

Yes, I voted too.
1linda said:
Yes, I voted too.
Congrats to your son and to you the proud Momma. We have missed you.

Yes, I voted too.
Congrats! Take a breath..........

Yes, I voted too.
Can a Canadian say .... I am absolutely elated with the election results!!

Yes, I voted too.
I really took a breath. Last night I laid on the couch as though I was in a daze. I have slept like a baby for 2 nights. No guests, just went to bed and slept. I did lose 2 pant sizes from door knocking,now if only I could keep it that way. The walking really makes a difference.
Thank you to everyone for all the good wishes. Nathan also watches over the Bed and Breakfast issues in Iowa for us, for that I am very grateful.

Back