Oh my gosh, he's crazy!! Scary crazy!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunshine

Reaction score
EDITED: Removed certain details
We are being harassed by a crazy man.
This guy is scary crazy!

Oh Sunshine,
I am so sorry to hear about all the grief this guy has been putting you through. A heck of a birthday.
Do you think the local police could call the police in the town where he's located to get him to stop that way?
I am really sorry to hear that you're closing the tea room. It's hard to be at one time a place for locals and a place for the out of town B&B guests. I hope you'll try the Christmas teas again.

I saw that on FB last night and am so sorry it is closing. It was a lovely tea room and your food was awesome.
I hope by getting the police involved you will be able to rid yourselves of this nutcase - safely. He needs locked up - in the rubber room!! not jail.

Sorry about this. Does your phone company not offer *60 Call Block?
And then there is Call Privacy, if he switches to do *67 it won't put the call through.

Yikes! What a nightmare...now that the police are involved things should settle down. But still, this is very scary and all of our worst nightmares1

Oh Sunshine,
I am so sorry to hear about all the grief this guy has been putting you through. A heck of a birthday.
Do you think the local police could call the police in the town where he's located to get him to stop that way?
I am really sorry to hear that you're closing the tea room. It's hard to be at one time a place for locals and a place for the out of town B&B guests. I hope you'll try the Christmas teas again..
Innkeep said:
Oh Sunshine,
I am really sorry to hear that you're closing the tea room. It's hard to be at one time a place for locals and a place for the out of town B&B guests. I hope you'll try the Christmas teas again.
Yes, we will still do the Christmas teas again. They are always a huge hit!

It really was quite a birthday!!! We had some fierce storms come through a few nights ago with tons of rain. In the town where my son's rental property (which I manage) is, the city sewer filled with too much water, and it backed up and went to the lowest point.... My sons basement!! YUK! 6 " of sewer!! Renters called us and said theres ton of water in the basement and the hot water heater quit! We called roto rooter and they came and cleared it out, but now there is a mess down there left to clean! ugg!! sigh... on a good note. . we got the water heater going again. Yay!
Then there was the harasser guy!!! no calls this morning yet!
I was offered a good job yesterday that I couldn't refuse - thus the closing of the tea room. Its something I've been considering for a while. Altho I loved the tea room, it just sucked all the $$ out.
BUT.... My sweetheart stayed home and took me to a wonderful park and lake with the biggest lilly pads and lilly's I've ever seen in my life! They were beautiful! We walked around the park, took a beautiful drive, and then he took me out to dinner! It was wonderful!
Then we came back home to the craziness!!! But it was a wonderful escape for a while!

There is method 2, if you don't mind that a few incoming calls might be missed... Call forwarding.... You set call forwarding to go to the Police, or to your lawyer's office.
Also, do you not have *57 which logs the calls. They cost $5 here, with a maximum of $10, but the police can easily request the log and can use it to prosecute.
Your police department can also call up his police department and ask them to do a courtesy call on the man. A policeman at the door giving you a warning sometimes cools the situation significantly.

It really was quite a birthday!!! We had some fierce storms come through a few nights ago with tons of rain. In the town where my son's rental property (which I manage) is, the city sewer filled with too much water, and it backed up and went to the lowest point.... My sons basement!! YUK! 6 " of sewer!! Renters called us and said theres ton of water in the basement and the hot water heater quit! We called roto rooter and they came and cleared it out, but now there is a mess down there left to clean! ugg!! sigh... on a good note. . we got the water heater going again. Yay!
I was offered a good job yesterday that I couldn't refuse - thus the closing of the tea room. Its something I've been considering for a while. Altho I loved the tea room, it just sucked all the $$ out.
BUT.... My sweetheart stayed home and took me to a wonderful park and lake with the biggest lilly pads and lilly's I've ever seen in my life! They were beautiful! We walked around the park, took a beautiful drive, and then he took me out to dinner! It was wonderful!
Then we came back home to the craziness!!! But it was a wonderful escape for a while!.
You are one hard-worker, and your tea room was beautiful and an inspiration to me. Congratulations on your new job. Hope it gives you a 'rest'.

Good luck with the new job! Glad you had the chutzpah to start the tea room and give it a go! So many just dream.

Good luck with the new job! Glad you had the chutzpah to start the tea room and give it a go! So many just dream..
Madeleine said:
Good luck with the new job! Glad you had the chutzpah to start the tea room and give it a go! So many just dream.
Speaking of following the dream. a woman has moved back home to our town, bought an old brick house on the main street and plans to make it a coffee and tea house. She has plenty of money and I've complimented her but told her it will be pretty lonely most of the time. There won't be much business.
But she says she's not doing it for income, just wants our town to have it, so we'll see how it goes, and how long it lasts. It's a fine old home. I'm glad somebody has it who can afford to take care of it.

Then we came back home to the craziness!!! But it was a wonderful escape for a while!.
A belated Happy Birthday. I am sorry you are closing the tea room. I know you put so much work into it and the loss of income in doing so.
Boy you have or should I say are having a hard time of it. Hopefully the rainbow will return again soon.
I know in our small town to lose a tea room would be terrible not just for us but for the people in the town that had a special place to go and enjoy your labor. .
Best of wishes to you in your new job. Which I hope is a safe job. One that will not cause you stress.

Sounds like a happy birthday if you subtract the crazy guy. Hope they give him heck. I like the idea of his local cops stopping by his house and telling him to knock it off.

Congrats on the new job - I HOPE it is not going back to the previous one where your safety was in question.

What a wackado! I hope it's a good sign that he has not harassed you today. Let the legal system take over now.

Newest!
Today the police told me he has a criminal back ground with the FBI ID number, and something else I don't know what it is, and State ID numbers. He has been on probation and several DUI's and alcohol related items. They are going to send the report to the prosecuting attorney. They are taking this seriously. They said if he shows up, do not open the door. But call them immediately! No problem there!
It's all in the police dept hands now.

Newest!
Today the police told me he has a criminal back ground with the FBI ID number, and something else I don't know what it is, and State ID numbers. He has been on probation and several DUI's and alcohol related items. They are going to send the report to the prosecuting attorney. They are taking this seriously. They said if he shows up, do not open the door. But call them immediately! No problem there!
It's all in the police dept hands now..
Do you have a recent photo? Yeesh this is scary stuff.

Back