Quantcast

Opportunities for Managing Couples and/or Partners

INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources

Help Support INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources:

edencompton

Reaction score
Hello! I am new to this forum and I am not an innkeeper but have a question for those of you who are. If I am in the wrong section, please let me know and I will repost.
I am wondering if there is any opportunity in the B&B industry for couples to manage properties of existing inns for off site owners? Or is there opportunity for people to find partners in managing an inn?
My husband and I are both in our mid forties and have been running sailing charter yachts in the Caribbean and New England for many years. He is a very experienced sea captain and sailing instructor from New Zealand and I am a professionally trained chef (French Culinary Institute in NYC) and ex-advertising executive. In trying to figure out what we want to do next, on land, the thought of running a B&B has been a recurrent one. A lot of the responsibilities are the same, though we are in much closer contact with our guests since we live with them for a week in a sixty one foot space! We have looked at a few potential B&B properties but the prices are just astronomical.
Is there a way to reach B & B owners who may be looking for people like us? Any direction that anyone can provide would be most helpful.
Thank you.
Eden Compton

seashanty

Staff member
Reaction score
you could go here
and to the paii website
for starters

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry I can't help with job ops, but I wanted to say I love your paintings.
Also, in the Caribbean series, there is one painting with a 'buy now' link. The link does not work.
Is the 'Vanilla Beans' painting available?

egoodell

Reaction score
I think you would have more luck looking to manage a country inn. At least here in Charlottesville, a B&B can have no more than 5 rooms, which is only enough to support the owners, with maybe just cleaning help hired.
Riki

edencompton

Reaction score
Sorry I can't help with job ops, but I wanted to say I love your paintings.
Also, in the Caribbean series, there is one painting with a 'buy now' link. The link does not work.
Is the 'Vanilla Beans' painting available?.
Thanks so much for your interest Bree! Unfortunately, "Vanilla Beans" was in a show in New Orleans last year and was destroyed by the shipper. It was one of my favorite paintings. I am updating my website this weekend to include a section where I sell my small paintings directly. There will be a link on my blog - edencompton.blogspot.com . Thanks again for taking the time to comment!

edencompton

Reaction score
I think you would have more luck looking to manage a country inn. At least here in Charlottesville, a B&B can have no more than 5 rooms, which is only enough to support the owners, with maybe just cleaning help hired.
Riki.
Thansk Riki -- it was worth a shot!

EmptyNest

Reaction score
You could post a "looking for a position" on BBONLINE or at PAII site. There is a fellow here who will be looking for a couple to run a 4-5 bedroom place he is currently restoring..but it is still a long way off from being ready. If I hear from him I will post it here.

edencompton

Reaction score
You could post a "looking for a position" on BBONLINE or at PAII site. There is a fellow here who will be looking for a couple to run a 4-5 bedroom place he is currently restoring..but it is still a long way off from being ready. If I hear from him I will post it here..
Thanks! I haven't been over to that site - I will check it out.

egoodell

Reaction score
Actually you could consider Inn Sitting. Check it on PAII
Riki