Our Accelerated Schedule

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YellowSocks

Reaction score
Well, we were on the five year plan that dh would leave the salt mines (factory) and be full-time with the B&B.
It became the 3-3/4 year plan yesterday when he got laid off...
Wish us well! Ready or not, we're on our own!
=)
Kk.

Oh my goodness K! I certainly know that feeling. Even if he hated the job, or was planning to leave, it's tough to get laid off. Good luck to the family!

Best of luck to both of you. The pink slip is never easy, even if it just accelerates your own schedule.
Sometimes life has a way of pushing plans ahead, ready or not. I'm guessing, though, that you're both probably more ready than not...

Sorry to hear he was laid off and hope he can find another job soon.

Sorry to hear this has happened. It can be rough but I know you two will get through it....you have what it takes.

Ready or not, here you come! Sorry about the lay-off. Since I know you are of the "when one door closes another one opens" variety I wish you well, knowing that you will come out on top.
That does not mean that he will be innkeeping only. This may be the opportunity for him to do his heart's desire of woodworking or some other thing he enjoys and may be able to turn into a second business run out of the garage or basement. All will be well.

I know you'll be fine...just as long as you stay out of each others way ;)

Ready or not, here you come! Sorry about the lay-off. Since I know you are of the "when one door closes another one opens" variety I wish you well, knowing that you will come out on top.
That does not mean that he will be innkeeping only. This may be the opportunity for him to do his heart's desire of woodworking or some other thing he enjoys and may be able to turn into a second business run out of the garage or basement. All will be well..
gillumhouse said:
This may be the opportunity for him to do his heart's desire of woodworking or some other thing he enjoys and may be able to turn into a second business run out of the garage or basement. All will be well.
D.'s dream....to be able to leave his current job, collect unenjoyment, work innkeeping and his art full time. Best of luck to you both!

KK, I have faith that all will be well - it was your plan for the future - the future just came a little earlier! Best of luck to you both!

K, So sorry to hear of your husband was laid off. Hope you can make it in the B&B even though it was earlier than you planned. Like the other K said, maybe he can do some other part time work out of the home. Or help with the B&B to allow you to start another business like catering or lunch boxes or something.

Thanks all!
As long as I don't strangle him, I think we'll be fine...
=)
Kk.

it may be hard at first but then you'll love it.
It will work, I just know it.
lo

K - Sorry to hear that the timing was off. Things happen for a reason and now just to find out what that reason was. Things will work out just fine, believe me.
Oh, and nows the time to hand him that long list of honey do's that have been waiting for the day when.... that day has come.
wink_smile.gif

K - Sorry to hear that the timing was off. Things happen for a reason and now just to find out what that reason was. Things will work out just fine, believe me.
Oh, and nows the time to hand him that long list of honey do's that have been waiting for the day when.... that day has come.
wink_smile.gif
Copperhead said:
wink_smile.gif
Oh yes, the kid gloves are off! When he worked second shift he'd make he coffee when he got home and I'd do breakfast myself. Now it's a poke in the ribs at 5:30... Get UP!
=)
Kk.

Oh my goodness K! I certainly know that feeling. Even if he hated the job, or was planning to leave, it's tough to get laid off. Good luck to the family!.
Hope all works out for you - it has for us so far - Chris is 100 % in our business as construction is slow and he is too busy to do a full time job but down the road he may bartend for a couple of nights a week or work a tasting room.
Riki

Well, a week into adjusting... still not settled, but getting there. Dh is doing marketing every morning for 2+ hours, and has already gotten our rack card distributed at the University's mail room and us listed in two more places on their website. YAY! And as of today I'm spending a couple of hours most afternoons chained to on the computer trying to get caught up on computer and website and stuff.
So it's very promising! The scary part is finding health insurance and getting financially through March/April... If we can make it to June, we'll be OK for this year.
=)
Kk.

Sorry to hear this YS, as someone who has been there, it WILL work out. Scary but it will be ok. Cobra insurance will kick in. It will cost more, but, insurance is something one can't live without. Best of luck. :eek:)

Sorry to hear this YS, as someone who has been there, it WILL work out. Scary but it will be ok. Cobra insurance will kick in. It will cost more, but, insurance is something one can't live without. Best of luck. :eek:).
Always in a rush here...but you mentioned art ? I plan to sell some art/oil paintings of mine when I retire full time to the Inn. Will display them in the hot tub room...Can he do this ?..Innkeeper are survivors! Mary in Bridgewater

Back