Packaged soaps or liquids?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We get ours from Costco, shower gel, shampoo and conditioner. Kirkland products. No complaints

I have shampoo in a blown glass dispenser made locally. So far no one has taken it, nor emptied it. Pump bottle of liquid hand soap at sink - again, no one has stolen it yet. Actually, no one has evert stolen anything from here.

Same as Morticia, we use Gilchrist & Soames dispensers, with gallon bottle refills, and clear liquid soap for the sink. We do put little bars of soap out too, some people (like me!) prefer bar soap....

Liquids from dispensers. And I only buy liquids that are clear, even if coloured. Unscented if possible, otherwise almond, so everyone can think it's cyanide :)

Same as Morticia, we use Gilchrist & Soames dispensers, with gallon bottle refills, and clear liquid soap for the sink. We do put little bars of soap out too, some people (like me!) prefer bar soap....
Yes, we have little bars, too, because that’s what I prefer.

I still use individual wrapped bars of soap and individual single use shampoo and conditioner bottles. I like them myself.

Gilchrist and Soames.
I've given up on G&S. Used to be able to order 1 wall mount soap dispenser. Last time I tried, they said they have minimum order of 25 dispensers. And soaps I've used for a few years are discontinued. And their hospitality website is horrible. No way to order without talking to them on the phone.

I've given up on G&S. Used to be able to order 1 wall mount soap dispenser. Last time I tried, they said they have minimum order of 25 dispensers. And soaps I've used for a few years are discontinued. And their hospitality website is horrible. No way to order without talking to them on the phone.
Darn. I usually just email so I haven’t used their website in a while. We put in a big order in 2019. Didn’t need to reorder last year. 😉 I will say don’t order the makeup wipes. The ones I got are completely dried out. You have to rewet them before using which defeats the purpose.

Yes, spaced the holes for bottles in a thicker piece of wood and then sliced off several matching holders. Many of our guest room furnishings are DIY items to fit the space.
You’ve shown pix before of the things you’ve created!

, y\
Hello. We installed dispensers in our 4 guestrooms but challenged to find inexpensive, yet nice, products to fill them. I have been purchasing various ones at Marshalls and would like to find products that I can keep consistent. Any suggestions?
Suave products - they have a very nice Rosemary & Mint that gets lots of compliments! It smells like a high-end salon product and washes just as well - for less! The Ivory liquid body wash is wonderful!

Suave products - they have a very nice Rosemary & Mint that gets lots of compliments! It smells like a high-end salon product and washes just as well - for less! The Ivory liquid body wash is wonderful!
Love rosemary and mint! I’ll have to check to see if we have suave in that scent at the store here. I used to get that high end product until they changed the formula. Now it smells like chemicals.

Love rosemary and mint! I’ll have to check to see if we have suave in that scent at the store here. I used to get that high end product until they changed the formula. Now it smells like chemicals.
Thank you! I have not come across that scent with Suave products and will definitely check that out. I have mint now and guests seem to like it.

We had packaged soaps and 2oz shampoo and conditioner last season....thinking about going to dispensers for in shower body wash,shampoo . What's your take on This?
Thanks Ken
Our local health department made us remove dispensers as a condition of fully reopening last June. We probably won't ever put them back as I think they are perceived as dirty

Our local health department made us remove dispensers as a condition of fully reopening last June. We probably won't ever put them back as I think they are perceived as dirty

Interesting as our government encouraged them for ecological reasons. I don't see why they would be perceived. We do clean them between guests, to remove touch.

We had to go to individual honey, jam, etc. which is killing me, since of course, it means that guests can't have our local honey, our home made jam, etc.

We recently switched to the dispensers from the small packaged goods and have very positive comments so far from guests...they like the "green" aspect.

I've done some research into this a couple of years ago. The one-time-use plastics were killing me from an ecological standpoint. Every article I came across online stated that dispensers are either perceived by guests as "cheap" or "unsanitary". I personally think they are great, but for now we are sticking with the individual little bottles and wrapped soaps.

Back