Pancakes

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not trying to boast, but the first guests down for breakfast asked what they were having, and when they heard Pecan Pancakes the husband said "That is all she talks about from the last visit!"
So I am glad I made them this morning! I love our guests
heart.gif
ok you got me paying attention. Pecan pancakes sounds good. Would you share your recipe. Also can you make it into waffles???
Butter pecan syrup. Equal parts butter and maple syrup. Put in a bunch of pecans. Serve. Don't tell them how much butter they just poured on... they don't want to know, it tastes too good.

Not trying to boast, but the first guests down for breakfast asked what they were having, and when they heard Pecan Pancakes the husband said "That is all she talks about from the last visit!"
So I am glad I made them this morning! I love our guests
heart.gif
ok you got me paying attention. Pecan pancakes sounds good. Would you share your recipe. Also can you make it into waffles???
Butter pecan syrup. Equal parts butter and maple syrup. Put in a bunch of pecans. Serve. Don't tell them how much butter they just poured on... they don't want to know, it tastes too good.
I also add whiskey to my pecan syrup. It did give it a small punch.
Next I will try maple rye to it.. Gosh maple rye was so good. It just came out last fall. So for the pancakes I guess I will just roast a bunch of pecans and throw them in the batter with pecan flavoring. Instead of vanilla.?

I have to revive this thread just to say that I tried many of your recipes and suggestions and I've picked a winner... for me and what I was looking to achieve.
Jon Sable said:
If you want to use a mix, try Krustez (buttermilk) which you can get at the CostClub. If you want them to shine, here are the adulterations ....
Add 1 teaspoon of baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder and a giant dollop of full fat sour cream.
These are amazingly fluffy and when made with salted butter on the griddle, really have that crisp, salty edge that I love. A guest said this weekend that it was "almost" as good as hers. That's the best compliment and I'll take it! (she also said that she makes her pancakes with Bailey's coffee creamer and it gives it a great flavor - that sounds interesting.)
You can see the sour cream & baking soda reacting the minute you start to stir. The bubbles come up and the mix rises. Yes, you have to work fast, but they are to die for!

I have to revive this thread just to say that I tried many of your recipes and suggestions and I've picked a winner... for me and what I was looking to achieve.
Jon Sable said:
If you want to use a mix, try Krustez (buttermilk) which you can get at the CostClub. If you want them to shine, here are the adulterations ....
Add 1 teaspoon of baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder and a giant dollop of full fat sour cream.
These are amazingly fluffy and when made with salted butter on the griddle, really have that crisp, salty edge that I love. A guest said this weekend that it was "almost" as good as hers. That's the best compliment and I'll take it! (she also said that she makes her pancakes with Bailey's coffee creamer and it gives it a great flavor - that sounds interesting.)
You can see the sour cream & baking soda reacting the minute you start to stir. The bubbles come up and the mix rises. Yes, you have to work fast, but they are to die for!.
Ah shucks :)

I make a sour cream pancake that guests love.
Wet mix - 1 c. milk, 1T melted butter, 1t vanilla, 3T sour cream and 1 egg
Dry mix - 1c. flour, 1T baking powder, 1/4t salt and 1T brown sugar
Don't over-mix. Use batter quickly.

Don't over-mix. Use batter quickly..
You can likely replace the baking powder with baking soda, since the sour cream reacts with it, no need for an alkaline.

How many does this one make? Looks good, I'll have to try it.

Jon Sable said:
You can see the sour cream & baking soda reacting the minute you start to stir. The bubbles come up and the mix rises. Yes, you have to work fast, but they are to die for!.
I'll have to give that a try!

Jon Sable said:
About how many cups of Krustez mix do you use for the 1 tsp. baking soda and 1/2 tsp. baking powder? And maybe 1/4 cup of sour cream?

Jon Sable said:
About how many cups of Krustez mix do you use for the 1 tsp. baking soda and 1/2 tsp. baking powder? And maybe 1/4 cup of sour cream?
About 2 cups to up to 3 cups, depending on how many people you need to serve. Experiment, it doesn't need to be perfect, just fluffy :)
The baking soda is because you are adding sour cream, it will bubble as soon as it is added.

Jon Sable said:
About 2 cups to up to 3 cups, depending on how many people you need to serve. Experiment, it doesn't need to be perfect, just fluffy :)
The baking soda is because you are adding sour cream, it will bubble as soon as it is added.
Thank you. Some of my kids and grandkids are coming home this weekend---I will experiment on them.
regular_smile.gif

Krusteaz is the best for pancakes or waffles!! No add ins. Always compliments. Served with fresh fruit, four syrup choices and whip cream. Folks ask for the recipe! Costco I did not know about over mixing. Thanks for that, Jon..
Very important with muffins, pancakes, waffles and cakes. Mix until moistened but not smooth. The less you mix the better they will be.
Try the sour cream and baking soda/powder mix in and you will see how fluffier they will be :)
Can you use the same mix---sour cream, baking powder and soda---for the waffles? This morning I did the pancakes and everybody said they were nummy. Thanks.

Krusteaz is the best for pancakes or waffles!! No add ins. Always compliments. Served with fresh fruit, four syrup choices and whip cream. Folks ask for the recipe! Costco I did not know about over mixing. Thanks for that, Jon..
Very important with muffins, pancakes, waffles and cakes. Mix until moistened but not smooth. The less you mix the better they will be.
Try the sour cream and baking soda/powder mix in and you will see how fluffier they will be :)
Can you use the same mix---sour cream, baking powder and soda---for the waffles? This morning I did the pancakes and everybody said they were nummy. Thanks.
Add oil for waffles, about a 1/4 cup.

Okay, I'm two steps behind everyone. Finally tried these, and yes, these are delicious! So light and fluffy with lots of flavour. Just made them plain with syrup but I'll have to try some of the variations posted. Thanks and keep those tried and true recipes coming!

Just gave this recipe a try for Christmas morning....everyone loved it! The pancakes came out light and fluffy with crispy edges. A real keeper...thanks!

In any recipe, substitute about 1/4 cup of fine cornmeal for flour. Gives a bit of golden crunch.

Back