Plan an overnight at a B&B and get frustrated real quick

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bree, Joey, couldn't agree with you more. The day you come back here and post how easy it was to find, shop and book B&B's will be the day the industry really takes a big step forward, and it is going to take the features and functionality you are talking about to make that happen. The problem is that one experience like this turns consumers off to all B&B's, not just the bad ones...

Well I wish theses innkeepers would see the info here, but sadly those are the ones that are NOT here to get good advise... Since joining this site what almost 1 1/2 years now, I have learned quite a lot and have taken the time to view MY site as a potential guest and have done much improvements to it. So...thanks and keep bringing the gripes to the forum, at least the ones reading these posts will get the message!
teeth_smile.gif

Bree, Joey, couldn't agree with you more. The day you come back here and post how easy it was to find, shop and book B&B's will be the day the industry really takes a big step forward, and it is going to take the features and functionality you are talking about to make that happen. The problem is that one experience like this turns consumers off to all B&B's, not just the bad ones....
And the B&B's I am referring to are not bad B&B's, probably absolutely lovely in every way - except web presence.

Bree, Joey, couldn't agree with you more. The day you come back here and post how easy it was to find, shop and book B&B's will be the day the industry really takes a big step forward, and it is going to take the features and functionality you are talking about to make that happen. The problem is that one experience like this turns consumers off to all B&B's, not just the bad ones....
And the B&B's I am referring to are not bad B&B's, probably absolutely lovely in every way - except web presence.
Joey Bloggs said:
Absolutely - that is what I meant - and therein lies the problem then... It is all perception and ease of use - two relatively easy things to change. If you go to a store and the isles are not very well organized, you can't find the check-out/cash register and when you get there you wait for an hour in line, you are not going back even if they do have the best product in the world...

Back