Planning my first PAII conference! Lets get this party started!!!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI I have our online availability blocked off in Jan as I may be going to the conference, not sure yet, as mentioned it it both kids bdays and our anniversary. But I want to let you all know I will have rooms available here for innmates who want to stop along the way. We are 25 miles East of I-81 exit 143 off I-81 Roanoke VA.

FYI I have our online availability blocked off in Jan as I may be going to the conference, not sure yet, as mentioned it it both kids bdays and our anniversary. But I want to let you all know I will have rooms available here for innmates who want to stop along the way. We are 25 miles East of I-81 exit 143 off I-81 Roanoke VA..
Joey Bloggs said:
I may be going to the conference, not sure yet,
Ooh! I hope you get to go...I would love to meet you!!!

For all of you out there who have hesitated, all the bloc of conference-rate rooms have been sold. For just a little bit more, I have a suite with kitchenette and living room at the Residence Inn for Monday thru Wednesday nights. Although I am not a "party animal" under most circumstances, I might make an exception in this case.
From looking at the schedule, it sounds like the best night for a get together would be Tuesday night, except for that would conflict with a Select Registry function. Monday night would be the next best bet if everyone gets to town in time for supper. The best option of all might be Both Monday and Tuesday.
cheers.gif
There's a coctail party til 7 on Monday night, a reception in the exhibition space all evening Tuesday.
Why don't we toss around ideas here on the forum for the next couple of days. I'd be happy to open my suite up for Innmates to gather on Monday night or Tuesday night before we go out on the town if that appeals more than standing around in the lobby with your gnome waiting to bump into other gnomes.
I will post my real name next week for a day, then edit it off. Anonymity does have its drawbacks.

For all of you out there who have hesitated, all the bloc of conference-rate rooms have been sold. For just a little bit more, I have a suite with kitchenette and living room at the Residence Inn for Monday thru Wednesday nights. Although I am not a "party animal" under most circumstances, I might make an exception in this case.
From looking at the schedule, it sounds like the best night for a get together would be Tuesday night, except for that would conflict with a Select Registry function. Monday night would be the next best bet if everyone gets to town in time for supper. The best option of all might be Both Monday and Tuesday.
cheers.gif
There's a coctail party til 7 on Monday night, a reception in the exhibition space all evening Tuesday.
Why don't we toss around ideas here on the forum for the next couple of days. I'd be happy to open my suite up for Innmates to gather on Monday night or Tuesday night before we go out on the town if that appeals more than standing around in the lobby with your gnome waiting to bump into other gnomes.
I will post my real name next week for a day, then edit it off. Anonymity does have its drawbacks..
Innkeep - this is a great idea...especially for me - the only gnome I have is a very heavy doorstop - OH! I could take a picture of it and bring it with me I suppose! Blow it up and safety pin it on my sweatshirt! Ok, it is late and I really should be in bed!

So we are supposed to wear a gnome to identify ourselves? I'll have to go out and find one now...
Riki

cheers.gif
I will post my real name next week for a day, then edit it off. Anonymity does have its drawbacks..
Doilies worked last time.

cheers.gif
gillumhouse said:
That would be easier. I have lots to pick from there.
riki

Even I have doilies! Might have to make me a Kate Middleton doilie hat!
teeth_smile.gif

cheers.gif
gillumhouse wrote:
We gathered with the doilies at the Homestead. What will be our identifier in Charleston?
Morticia wrote:
Garden gnomes. Big, small, pins or actual garden gnomes. My gnome is antsy to get back on the road.
I was just going along with what was said previously - JB said she had a t-shirt with gnomes too! I got gnomes and I got doilies - hopefully someone makes the decision and lets the rest of us know.

Just look for the other innkeepers who are smiling and happy and cheerful, not the sourpussed arrogant ones, and you will find each other!
regular_smile.gif

(sorry did I let out the fact that I had innkeepers here this Fall who were arrogant and sourpussed? Followed by delightful fun fantastic ones? NIGHT and DAY!!) SMILES EVERYONE! LIFE IS GOOD.

cheers.gif
gillumhouse wrote:
We gathered with the doilies at the Homestead. What will be our identifier in Charleston?
Morticia wrote:
Garden gnomes. Big, small, pins or actual garden gnomes. My gnome is antsy to get back on the road.
I was just going along with what was said previously - JB said she had a t-shirt with gnomes too! I got gnomes and I got doilies - hopefully someone makes the decision and lets the rest of us know.
suellen222 said:
gillumhouse wrote:
Morticia wrote:
I feel a hat design coming on. Little gnomes around the brim, doily flowers all over.

cheers.gif
gillumhouse wrote:
Morticia wrote:
suellen222 said:
gillumhouse wrote:
Morticia wrote:
I feel a hat design coming on. Little gnomes around the brim, doily flowers all over.
Woohoo!!!

cheers.gif
gillumhouse wrote:
Morticia wrote:
suellen222 said:
gillumhouse wrote:
Morticia wrote:
Ok, now y'all are getting too creative for me!

Yeah righto, get everyone from the forum inn-doilied so Jay will know who you all are and can run at the appropriate moment when he sees you coming! I got it all figured out...oh yeah
tounge_smile.gif

cheers.gif
gillumhouse wrote:
Morticia wrote:
suellen222 said:
gillumhouse wrote:
Morticia wrote:
suellen222 said:
Easy peasy- I'm talking but gluing stuff onto a felt hat, not making everything from scratch. Or, tying stuff on so it looks like a sombrero! As for Jay's tie, that has to be mailed in advance or he will duck if he sees any of us coming!
Here is a website with a ton of ties. All any one of them would need would be a couple of doilies tacked on. (Or should I say 'tacky-ed' on?)

Back