Problem with customer...need advice.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just posted the story of my latest, fortunately they are few and far between and usually those I am glad to see the back off.
At least 2 of my staff have a concealed carry permits, and I have a very large if soppy dog.
I also have a limited knowledge of foreign languages. Something I do not let on usually.
I would not hesitate to dial 911, I am male so that probably helps..
Not really sure what having a gun does in the case of a guest wanting out of the reservation?
Madeleine said:
Not really sure what having a gun does in the case of a guest wanting out of the reservation?
Have to ask PT how they do things in Texas ;-)
I have a gun, too. Would not bring it up in terms of a guest with problems or not.

I just posted the story of my latest, fortunately they are few and far between and usually those I am glad to see the back off.
At least 2 of my staff have a concealed carry permits, and I have a very large if soppy dog.
I also have a limited knowledge of foreign languages. Something I do not let on usually.
Madeleine said:
I have a gun, too. Would not bring it up in terms of a guest with problems or not.
You know.... I think I'm going on vacation in Europe after all these gun discussions....

Madeleine said:
You know.... I think I'm going on vacation in Europe after all these gun discussions....
Yeah we're a bunch of crazies south of the border...

Madeleine said:
Think I will join you.! Eric
Tongue and cheek maybe? But maybe bitting off more then you could chew!! Why Oh why would any body let staff carry GUNS!!!!!??? OMG!

Madeleine said:
Tongue and cheek maybe? But maybe bitting off more then you could chew!! Why Oh why would any body let staff carry GUNS!!!!!??? OMG!
The Second Amendment to the US Constitution.
I have no idea if they do whilst working here, I highly doubt it.
I am much more concerned about smartphones.

Como Depot said:
I would not hesitate to dial 911, I am male so that probably helps.
Where the heck did THIS come from? No one was threatened - this comment is TOTALLY off the wall and is nothing but garbage in my not very humble opinion. Problem guests, I mean REALLY problem might require a 911 call, but the LAST thing this gun owner innkeeper is going to do is show a weapon of any kind to anyone (caveat - may show muzzle-loaders DH made to interested - and interesting - guests). This post rates nutcase level because it has nothing relevant to the discussion.

Como Depot said:
Where the heck did THIS come from? No one was threatened - this comment is TOTALLY off the wall and is nothing but garbage in my not very humble opinion. Problem guests, I mean REALLY problem might require a 911 call, but the LAST thing this gun owner innkeeper is going to do is show a weapon of any kind to anyone (caveat - may show muzzle-loaders DH made to interested - and interesting - guests). This post rates nutcase level because it has nothing relevant to the discussion.
gillumhouse said:
Como Depot said:
Where the heck did THIS come from? No one was threatened - this comment is TOTALLY off the wall and is nothing but garbage...This post rates nutcase level because it has nothing relevant to the discussion.
He said he was joking about the arsenal, and I'm sure he was. He hasn't been here enough to know how to find the emoticons pop-up to give a wink or a smile to soften things. I've had a few attempts at humor fall flat too!
Several here in the past have made statements just as strong, but we knew the poster well enough to understand it's tongue in cheek. Como just made the mistake of doing it before people here got to know him well.

Madeleine said:
Take this from the standpoint of someone who isn't from the US and a visitor to your country.... the idea that citizens can carry concealed weapons makes me so nervous......

Como Depot said:
gillumhouse said:
Como Depot said:
Where the heck did THIS come from? No one was threatened - this comment is TOTALLY off the wall and is nothing but garbage...This post rates nutcase level because it has nothing relevant to the discussion.
He said he was joking about the arsenal, and I'm sure he was. He hasn't been here enough to know how to find the emoticons pop-up to give a wink or a smile to soften things. I've had a few attempts at humor fall flat too!
Several here in the past have made statements just as strong, but we knew the poster well enough to understand it's tongue in cheek. Como just made the mistake of doing it before people here got to know him well.
His avatar may be new but says he joined here in 06/25/2008. anyway to fake that??

Madeleine said:
Arkansawyer said:
Madeleine said:
leave me out of this!

Madeleine said:
Take this from the standpoint of someone who isn't from the US and a visitor to your country.... the idea that citizens can carry concealed weapons makes me so nervous......
I am not from the US, what made me nervous was that only criminals could carry concealed weapons in my country.
I have had some Law Enforcement come in with guns, as I am used to unarmed Police it was a bit weird.
The local Supermarket has a sign that they respect your 2nd Amendment Rights but that ask that you do not open carry in the store. Sounds a fair compromise.

Madeleine said:
I am not from the US, what made me nervous was that only criminals could carry concealed weapons in my country.
I have had some Law Enforcement come in with guns, as I am used to unarmed Police it was a bit weird.
The local Supermarket has a sign that they respect your 2nd Amendment Rights but that ask that you do not open carry in the store. Sounds a fair compromise.
Como Depot said:
There are only a few States that allow open carry. MOST States now have concealed - and that means exactly that. If it is NOT concealed, you are breaking the law in those States.
My daughter is a cop in a BIG CITY, she and most of the cops I know like concealed carry (she wishes it was in her State) because it really does cut down on crime since the bad guys who carry whether legal or not and therefore are more restrained. And yes, when citizens do not have the legal rights, only those who do not care a rip about law will have/do whatever they want - and it does not just apply to the 2nd amendment.

Madeleine said:
Yikes!!!! I'm with you....let me out of here if it is coming to guns!

.... i am so totally confused by this thread. I guess that happens when you come in at the end of a discussion.
anyway, i had a woman call wanting to stay with me because she had severe sensitivities and allergies and the place she was at was too new ... so she smelled chemicals or paint or carpet or something. the owner of the place spoke to me and they'd been renovated months before so what could she do? i didn't want this guest because how could i guarantee she wouldn't be sensitive to something at my old place? she arrived, smiling but snarling and we ran her card. i showed her around and she went to her room then she walked off for an ice cream. about 9 pm, she rang for the office, told me she took a few sniffs, said she smelled mold and could not stay with me. she ended up sleeping on the outdoor porch of the hotel across the road. was yelling at my guests who were outside smoking cigars that their smoke was polluting her air. they walked down to the boat docks and she continued to shout at them. i am not a smoking fan, but they were trying very hard to be accommodating.
i think a person like that should vacation in their own rv, that way they can have it just the way they need it to be.
i was surprised she did not protest the charge for the room but i could have booked it with someone who stayed.

.... i am so totally confused by this thread. I guess that happens when you come in at the end of a discussion.
anyway, i had a woman call wanting to stay with me because she had severe sensitivities and allergies and the place she was at was too new ... so she smelled chemicals or paint or carpet or something. the owner of the place spoke to me and they'd been renovated months before so what could she do? i didn't want this guest because how could i guarantee she wouldn't be sensitive to something at my old place? she arrived, smiling but snarling and we ran her card. i showed her around and she went to her room then she walked off for an ice cream. about 9 pm, she rang for the office, told me she took a few sniffs, said she smelled mold and could not stay with me. she ended up sleeping on the outdoor porch of the hotel across the road. was yelling at my guests who were outside smoking cigars that their smoke was polluting her air. they walked down to the boat docks and she continued to shout at them. i am not a smoking fan, but they were trying very hard to be accommodating.
i think a person like that should vacation in their own rv, that way they can have it just the way they need it to be.
i was surprised she did not protest the charge for the room but i could have booked it with someone who stayed..
I have had calls from several of that variety. I have always wondered why they do not just build themselves a bubble and live in it. How do they survive in the real world where they have their domicile? Neighbors spray lawns (the reason my invisible guest booked and SHE could not have chemicals, down, etc), cities spray for mosquitoes, vehicles have exhaust... Is the world supposed to cut a swath for these people? I feel sorry that they have so many allergies (if they are real) but I have do solution for them in the real world. And WE are more likely to jump through hoops to accommodate them than a hotel is. Then after we do everything we can to accommodate, they write a slamming review.

i was surprised she did not protest the charge for the room but i could have booked it with someone who stayed..
I had one who called and I turned her down at 10:30 PM and then called back at 11:30 PM again. I wasn't getting out of bed at 10:30 PM, what makes you think that I was going to get out at 11:30 PM because you didn't have the common sense to book me in the first place?

I had one who called and I turned her down at 10:30 PM and then called back at 11:30 PM again. I wasn't getting out of bed at 10:30 PM, what makes you think that I was going to get out at 11:30 PM because you didn't have the common sense to book me in the first place?
Eric Arthur Blair said:
thumbs_up.gif

Back