Quote from a B&B owner - just an FYI for all Inn-sitters or Aspiring

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where are you located? Our innsitters only have I think three rates - housesit, mini operation and full operation but I can't recall. They are located in central Virginia and very charming but not afraid to scrub a bathroom.
RIki.
Riki, I am located in MI, but the B&B owner that sent me this is located in NC and was looking for someone since I wasn't able to help her. Do you share your Inn-sitters and would they be willing to travel down to NC? I am trying to find someone else to do the job since the owner is getting frustrated. She said she is spoiled with what my sister and I do for her - it made my day!
We do it all - whatever the owner does, we do - I just thought it made the most sense when I started my business. We only charge when rooms are rented - we get paid for the work we do. I am not going to charge you if I am sitting around twiddling my thumbs - if there is downtime I go out and try to get to know your town so that I can be more knowledgeable when the guests start coming!
suellen222 said:
Riki, I am located in MI, but the B&B owner that sent me this is located in NC and was looking for someone since I wasn't able to help her. Do you share your Inn-sitters and would they be willing to travel down to NC? I am trying to find someone else to do the job since the owner is getting frustrated. She said she is spoiled with what my sister and I do for her - it made my day!
We do it all - whatever the owner does, we do - I just thought it made the most sense when I started my business. We only charge when rooms are rented - we get paid for the work we do. I am not going to charge you if I am sitting around twiddling my thumbs - if there is downtime I go out and try to get to know your town so that I can be more knowledgeable when the guests start coming!
Hi there.
Bear in mind while I think Jeannie and Walt are tops, innkeepers are an independant bunch and don't all think alike and don't all like the same things. Also while I know they have run other inns they have only turned rooms and checked in guests for me. But I do like them and their warm attitude towards customer service. They are very willing to roll with the punches which is our situation handling two businesses.
Their website is www . inn sit 4 u . com
I put in spaces because I don't want a live link here. I would rather share them and make sure they stay in business than try and keep them for myself and have them not suceed in these trying economic times.
They most probably have referrals from others. I know they will drive.
Best,
RIki
Rlki,
Thank you for the information, but I see both innsit4u and innyourplace charge mileage - that is what the owner is trying to avoid, "this costs this much, this costs this much" - it all adds up and that is why owners think they can't afford to hire anyone like me. If it costs them more to keep their doors open I completely agree with them. That is why I operate on the philosophy of if you make money so do I! We're all happy!
I have spoken several times to Gwen Paton - very nice lady!
suellen222 said:
Rlki,
Thank you for the information, but I see both innsit4u and innyourplace charge mileage - that is what the owner is trying to avoid, "this costs this much, this costs this much" - it all adds up and that is why owners think they can't afford to hire anyone like me. If it costs them more to keep their doors open I completely agree with them. That is why I operate on the philosophy of if you make money so do I! We're all happy!
You are welcome! But I can see why your inn is frustrated in finding an innsitter. I would not expect an innsitter to come all the way from another state without compensation - and they are only asking for one way mileage. I'm wondering if your inn has realistic expectations.
Riki
Riki,
Maybe not realistic, she is just spoiled I think! I am the one spoiling her! I have never charged mileage and probably never will - it has been working for me for 5 years. I love what I do and will travel wherever I am needed. Stay tuned - my website is under construction and I will be looking for feedback from all you Inn-mates! I know how important a website is to everyone here and my vistaprint one just wasn't cutting it evidently.

Where are you located? Our innsitters only have I think three rates - housesit, mini operation and full operation but I can't recall. They are located in central Virginia and very charming but not afraid to scrub a bathroom.
RIki.
suellen222 said:
Hi there.
Bear in mind while I think Jeannie and Walt are tops, innkeepers are an independant bunch and don't all think alike and don't all like the same things. Also while I know they have run other inns they have only turned rooms and checked in guests for me. But I do like them and their warm attitude towards customer service. They are very willing to roll with the punches which is our situation handling two businesses.
I put in spaces because I don't want a live link here. I would rather share them and make sure they stay in business than try and keep them for myself and have them not suceed in these trying economic times.
Best,
RIki
Rlki,
suellen222 said:
Rlki,
You are welcome! But I can see why your inn is frustrated in finding an innsitter. I would not expect an innsitter to come all the way from another state without compensation - and they are only asking for one way mileage. I'm wondering if your inn has realistic expectations.
Riki
Riki,
Maybe not realistic, she is just spoiled I think! I am the one spoiling her! I have never charged mileage and probably never will - it has been working for me for 5 years. I love what I do and will travel wherever I am needed. Stay tuned - my website is under construction and I will be looking for feedback from all you Inn-mates! I know how important a website is to everyone here and my vistaprint one just wasn't cutting it evidently.
You don't charge for travel??? Do you have a limit to your range? That doesn't seem very realisitc to me especially with air fares skyrocketing these days and the cost of gas to drive any distance. Your daily rate must be high enough then to compensate...at least I hope so.

RIki.
suellen222 said:
Hi there.
Best,
RIki
Rlki,
suellen222 said:
Rlki,
Riki
Riki,
You don't charge for travel??? Do you have a limit to your range? That doesn't seem very realisitc to me especially with air fares skyrocketing these days and the cost of gas to drive any distance. Your daily rate must be high enough then to compensate...at least I hope so.
I know - you can call me crazy - you are not the 1st and probably won't be the last! I love what I do, I am very lucky to have a husband that makes enough for both of us to live on. He travels a lot also, so it is something I can do to avoid sitting home twiddling my thumbs missing my kids and husband! I was a stay at home Mom and when both girls went off to college it was time for me to figure out what I wanted to be when I grew up! I would do it for free, but that would be really stupid of me! I'm dumb, not stupid! And besides that - it is really hard work and I deserve every penney I earn!

The dial replica watches design is replica watches obviously Glashütte Original, as one might expect from the watch makers replica handbags of some of replica handbags the most immediately distinctive dials in the business, however ugg boots the finish ugg boots quality is clearly polished over their other chronographs in the Senator collection. This platinum replica watches version is replica watches expensive however, operating the pushers; one almost forgets how expensive ugg boots it is since ugg boots the sweet smoothness of the button action. The chronograph pusher action, as far replica watches as I'm replica watches concerned, I think it is one of the best creations there is in the industry.While I quite appreciate the replica watches movement and replica watches its operation, I don't like the dial as a whole.

Back